• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    I only tried coffee once and never again so idk.
    Disagree due to not being able to judge, I guess.

Anything that can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    As a hopeless pessimist, I would agree!
    But if you look at it rationally, there are so many cases when things do go right, actually 99% of your life goes right, so I disagree!

Being a farmer is one of the toughest jobs of all.

Years
    • Online now
    I can see a case for it. I think it probably goes to certain military branches. Makes me wonder if our brains can ever be truly ready for the stuff witnessed in combat. Many return from service only to begin a fight of life lasting mental health problems.

Overrated is often a misused term to describe a personal dislike for something.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agree. Though, you'll find it a lot more on the internet where people are more likely say whatever they think without having to worry too much about consequences.

DST (Daylight Saving Time) is a stupid thing!

Years
    Disagree, I don't mind it, though it's not like I'm a fan of it.

Coming up with new prompts for all the Forum Games becomes harder after while.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agree. Which is why a lot of mine end up pretty boring. xD

What I said is perfectly agreeable.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Agree, I often have this cliché of old people watching TV and young people watching Youtube. Turns out it's not really a cliché!

Nowadays, politics happens on Twitter half of the time.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Disagree, because that's just the most visible part of (capital s State) politics. There's a ridiculous amount of lobbying and "meetings" happening in real life locations, policy making is made in the proper buildings, etc.

And of course politics in the small (HOAs, school rules, neighborhood politics, interpersonal politics, etc.) happen in all kinds of media and Twitter is just a small part of it.

Starbucks is overpriced

Years
    Big chains usually are. Idk what their prices are though, since I've never been to one. Nor would I know what a 'normal' price for their products would be.
    Disagree I guess, as idk.

It's natural for your tastes/preferences to change over time.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agree. You make new experiences, learn new things, learn to appreciate a variety of different flavors of things you may not have liked at first. Also, the world around you changes a lot and you just need to adapt which includes tastes and preferences.

The desktop on a PC should contain only a bare minimum of links/symbols.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Agree. I have 11 icons on my desktop currently: 2 documents I currently work on, six folders that I use a lot, the trash bin, a shortcut to my password manager, and a file that I don't know where to put so I keep it on my desktop because I may need to access it rapidly at some point ^^"

Some of your tastes will never change during your life.

Years
    Agree, indeed. Some tastes will change, but you cannot expect yourself or another person to change most of their tastes. Life is long and therefore you never know lol, but yeah some things will never change.

Podcasts are overrated.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Hard disagree. Sugar and its clones are what make the grass juice good.

White chocolate is tastier than black chocolate.

Years
    I mean... that's just a fact... there's no disagreeing with facts... 😏
    Agreed =P

Public transportation should be free.

The desktop on a PC should contain only a bare minimum of links/symbols.

*stares at his Desktop...*
    If you agree with that statement you wouldn't like my cluttered mess of a Desktop xD

Years
    • Online now
    Agree, but one of those things that just sadly won't happen.

Negatives of major social media such as Facebook outweigh the positives.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I think we're at a point where one can savely agree to that point. While it's been useful in the past; nowadays you'll see advertisers and extremist parts of certain ideologies take advantage of those bloated information heavy systems in order to further profit/their agenda.

People at a certain age should stop driving.

Years
    Agree, but age gap must be very high, like 90, I guess. I think this also depends a lot on the Country. Here in Italy, there is a good life expectancy and there are a lot of old people driving. Other than that, there are a lot of small cities and tows and generally the roads aren't too crazy, so it can be safe. As for now, there is no age limit in Italy. People over 80 years can drive but need to have some checks every two years. I agree with this, because it's something that goes to person to person, but I also think those check ups that are done every two years must be done well, because otherwise old people just become an obstacle. I have indeed heard about old people having car crashes and I found myself old people that didn't really drive properly. So, in general I'd be pretty ok with a very high age limit, even 95 if needed.

Youtube shorts are better than TikTiks

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    I don't have Tiktok but according to what I hear from others Tiktok is mainly composed of underage girls dancing and people looking for buzz. And I don't watch Youtube shorts because I like my videos longer than 10 minutes :)
    I'd say I disagree, Youtube tries to copy Tiktok but I wouldn't say either is better.
    I don't like either because I feel like a one minute video could be best summarized in a textual sentence, don't make me pause what I'm already watching for a one-minute joke / information / dance.

You shouldn't have an opinion about something you don't know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back