• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Disagree. While I get the point you're trying to make (you should be open minded instead of having rigid preconceived notions), not only is that kinda impossible because preconceived notions are built in to you in very subtle societal ways, or built as soon as you become aware of something ("first impressions") but it's just not really a feasible guide.

Like, what do you consider "knowing" something? I'd say a flat earther doesn't know science, but they clearly believe they do and they might even be well versed in the faulty version of science that flat earthers pass around. On the other hand, I don't know how to cook a lot of things, but I can tell when something's raw or when something's burnt or smells off.

tl;dr: "knowing" is tricky to define and even trickier to use when you're referring to people in general.

The user replying to this prefers cold weather to hot weather.

Years
    Yep. It's far more manageable to me than the excruciating summer heat.

Spoiler:

Not everything can be planned for.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't know what's going to happen next year, let alone in 100 years. But we will definitely have changes. We already experience the changes from the temperature increase to 1.2° and probably won't even stop at the 1.5 mark. So society has to adapt to those changes <- using climate change as an example. But I could have also used the rise of far right ideology and the continuous dismanteling of democratic principes happening all over the world as an example.

The last thing you bought was unnecessary.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I could have sworn I had replied here.

As for the thread,

It was unnecessary in the sense that I didn't need it, it's not unnecessary in the sense that it gives me joy. Whether that's an agree or disagree depends on your opinion.

You prefer sweet over sour

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    Agree :)
    But I like some sour with my sweetness :D

Life is competitive.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Agree. Not fond of anything with alcohol really.

Tea is better than coffee

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Kinda agree but also kinda disagree? I've read a lot philosophy over the years and never really felt like I get much out of it. It did help getting out of a very bad time, though. Though, it arguably also put me in there in the first place. ^^"

Liquid soap is better than hard soap.

Years
    I only use Liquid Soap, but that's more of a laziness thing I think =P
    Dunno if it's actually better or not, but I'll Agree since I haven't used a soap bar in a couple decades by now lol

Role playing is fun.

Years
    Agree, but it's not always my case. Sometimes I am ok with that, but other times I kinda struggle. But yeah, it's indeed fun if you feel comfortable with it!

Writing a personal diary is a way to feel better about the day, especially if something bad happened.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Idk., for me it's just the same 3-4 words every day that keep repeating. I don't know if others would call it a "diary" but it kinda serves the purpose for me, anyway. I've been doing this for years, too. So, I disagree.

Traveling to space would be nice.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    I neither agree nor disagree. I think that traveling to space is more pointless than anything else tbh ^^"
    On the other hand, I think we need some technological challenges like these.

Traveling to space is pointless.

Years
    But, but... how else will we confirm if Clefairy are from the moon or not?! D=

It's the perfect getaway from the masses at the very least =P
    Idk. To me it kinda is, but like... there are definitely uses for it that I'm just not interested in =P
    Disagree? Probably....

Humanity should cut back on it's use of fossil fuels.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I mean, yes I agree. At the same time we've made ourself so dependant that it gets pretty difficult at this point. Doesn't help that there's so much lobbying going on in the background. <_<

Democracy is slowly coming to an end.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    What are you refering to?
    I disagree, because it's not my feeling, but I don't have arguments to support my feeling. Democracy is slowly being replaced by "complainocracy" maybe? I don't know what you're refering to ^^"

Democracy is overrated.

Years
    Well it's by no means perfect... does that make it overrated though?
    It's better than a lot of the alternatives at the very least.
    I'm not sure what to go with here 😅 Which I guess means I'll default to Disagree ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It can be hard to ask someone for help.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agree. Countless times throughout my life I've been hearing that stupid phrase "why don't you just ask?" in all kinds of varieties. Some people might have an easy time. But I'm not some people. <_<

Kids need to learn that making mistakes is ok.
    What are you refering to?
    I disagree, because it's not my feeling, but I don't have arguments to support my feeling. Democracy is slowly being replaced by "complainocracy" maybe? I don't know what you're refering to ^^"
    Just our current times, really. Cruel dictatorships pushing their agenda left and right while all the "great" democratic countries seem to fall apart due to all the inner and outer problems. Crisis here and radical right groups in the inside there. Maybe it's just the media making things a bigger deal than they actually are? Idk. But this sort of doom and gloom certainly feels omnipresent.

Years
    Agree, but also disagree for the fact that even adults should be aware of that. I need to learn that myself, in the first place lol. Sometimes, I just expect myself to make things work at the first try with no mistakes. But indeed without failure, you can't improve. And I also feel like society has to accept that.

Politics should be a lot more involved into fighting climate change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back