• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    Agree! That's why I never skip leg day :)
    (Also agree if we consider their versions with barbells: barbell squat feels better than bench press (bench press is basically a flipped push-up with a barbell)
    If I don't close this parenthesis the computer scientists / programmers / mathematicians of this site will become mad. )

People prefer a superhero that is human rather than a superhero that shows no weakness.

Years
    There's people who'd prefer either of those. I got no idea which would be more in demand.
    I'll just Disagree.

People are addicted to Social Media.

Years
    Agree. It goes from person to person, but like I have seen people of my age saying people with no social medias are weird. This says a lot tbh.

News sometimes don't even try to talk properly about a fact at all, they just want to catch the reader's attention.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Agree... On the Internet some media just write an attractive title while the article says the opposite... Oh hi Buzzfeed, I didn't see you there!

Everything always gets worse, except for what you can act upon.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Reheated food just simply does not have this evenly cooked feel to it. It's just stuff thrown together and put into a microwave. I guess you could say the optics already lower the quality a little, as well. So, agree.

Voting with your wallet won't solve anything.
    Agree! That's why I never skip leg day :)
    (Also agree if we consider their versions with barbells: barbell squat feels better than bench press (bench press is basically a flipped push-up with a barbell)
    If I don't close this parenthesis the computer scientists / programmers / mathematicians of this site will become mad. )
    You made them mad, anyways. Because your parenthesis count doesn't match regardless! D:

Years
    This has been inactive for a while...

I take it you mean like, bribing votes?
    Voting has yet to solve anything here whatsoever, so doing it with bribery isn't gonna be much different =P
    Guess I agree. Not sure how else you'd vote with your wallet.

Fireworks are the best part of New Year's Eve.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't like fireworks. They are too loud for my taste. So, I disagree.

Plush rain is the most powerful move!
    I take it you mean like, bribing votes?
    Voting has yet to solve anything here whatsoever, so doing it with bribery isn't gonna be much different =P
    Guess I agree. Not sure how else you'd vote with your wallet.
    "Vote with your wallet" is a myth within capitalism that suggests the customer has power over companies and corporations by simply making the decision to "not buy their product".

The idea here in particular was that you can't exactly be like "who needs food/clothes/a roof/etc., anyway".

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Plush... rain? Like, a rain of plush toys? Disagree.

Sunrise is more beautiful than sunset.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    It depends on everyone's taste but I disagree. I prefer sunsets.

Chess is a sport.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I mean, sure, you can throw the game board like a disc. :P
    Agree, since the brain is a muscle, too.

A 4 day work week is sufficient.

Years
    Sufficient for who? the employer or the employee? 🤔
    If you can put in enough hours to earn enough money to be able to afford your day to day expenses in those 4 days, I don't see the problem. There's a lot of jobs with empty hours where you're just at work simply because you have to be, even if you already finished everything you need to and have nothing to do anymore that day.
    However there's also plenty jobs where you have a workload where you just never seem to have enough time to get it finished, or you need those hours to be able to pay the bills.

I'll just disagree as it really depends on the type of job imo.

Gift cards should be a last resort when trying to shop for a gift for someone.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Agree, same for socks, or ties lol

A 3-day work week is sufficient.

A 4 day work week is sufficient.

Sufficient for who? the employer or the employee? 🤔
    If you can put in enough hours to earn enough money to be able to afford your day to day expenses in those 4 days, I don't see the problem. There's a lot of jobs with empty hours where you're just at work simply because you have to be, even if you already finished everything you need to and have nothing to do anymore that day.
    However there's also plenty jobs where you have a workload where you just never seem to have enough time to get it finished, or you need those hours to be able to pay the bills.

I'll just disagree as it really depends on the type of job imo.
    Apparently three days are enough!
    Spoiler:

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Sure. Though, I'm probably too much of a workoholic to ever go for a three day work week. Four days I've kinda tried, by virtue of having too many vacation days left, so I could take off the occasional Friday this month.

AI art is boring.

The first one can be solved quite easily: hire more people. And having more people work on stuff means there can be more stuff which means lower bills/prices. :P

Years
    Spoiler:

I sometimes find it amusing to use them to look for the hidden gems, as like 90%+ of what they make tends to be bad.
    But yea, you just click a button or two and wait for it to do stuff for you, so it is boring.
    As far as the subject matter you feed into the AI goes, it's not necessarily boring ofc.

People should plan less and live more in the moment.

The first one can be solved quite easily: hire more people. And having more people work on stuff means there can be more stuff which means lower bills/prices. :P

Ideally yes, but in my experience prices don't go down once they've gone up =P
    Instead wages tend to get corrected for Inflation. Though even that doesn't always occur xD

Years
    Disagree. Live life the way you want. I'd never be able to just live totally in the moment and without plans. My way is a mix: make plans, ruin those, go with the flow but still make some plans lol.

Being single has its perks

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I guess? It does get boring after a couple decades, though, especially if you've never experienced having someone around whom you care for deeply...

It's good to pick up some sort of craft (something that allows you to create something).

Years
    It can be yes. If you like working with your hands and want a hobby, definitely try and find one.
    Definitely not for everyone though, but I think personally I'd agree.
    But I'm a DIY toy nut who can spend an entire day just assembling stuff =P
    Which I wouldn't call a craft btw, just the closest thing for me.

A single e-mail account is sufficient.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    Oh wow. I've been busy all week, and I return to a new game. Nice!

Disagree. Sometimes, your email can just be overrun with a bunch of spam and otherwise non-important stuff, which can bury your important emails. Thus, it is good to have a separate email address strictly for website accounts, subscription services, your bank account, and job related emails.

Agree or disagree: Dogs make for better pets than cats.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I mean technically owning a cat means it owns you and not the other way around. In that sense I would have to agree? Still, disagree on principle, though!

You should take a walk outside every day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back