• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All about sexuality

Azonic

hello friends
Years
  • i just consider myself open to anything honestly.

im not just gonna label myself like panoramasexual socioromantic virtuosexual heteronormatory tricurious quadruplesexual. like wut. i have no idea what i am and it doesn't concern me. ive been attracted to both genders and im fine with just knowing that

Years
  • I'm asexual. It took me until I was...21 to piece it together. It's surprisingly hard to notice you don't enjoy sex when everyone insists that you do. I just thought everyone had no feelings for sex and were just exaggerating how much they liked it for years. I'm biromantic as well. It sucks being a romantic but not a sexual, as most people in the world that you could date are not going to be asexual and will want to have sex with you at some point. Urgh, it's so boring. My family knows and doesn't understand it at all, and will occasionally act like I must be straight.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Once upon a time, I was going through a phase where I was questioning my sexuality and began to wonder whether I'd date someone of my own gender or not. Sadly that only lasted a good while when I realized that I'm better off dating guys. So yeah, straight. Men are awesome. Men are cool. \o/

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I think the best label to describe me is Heteroromantic Demisexual...that is to say that I'm mostly straight, but my sexual attraction is dependent on a close emotional bond with the girl.

My current sexual partner is a girl I've known for over four years now and we've developed a very close friendship, but even though she's bisexual, I'd be very apprehensive about her bringing another girl into the bedroom with us unless I really knew her well...and yes, the offer has come up. XD

Years
  • Men are awesome and I've always been sure that I was straight.

I can definitely appreciate the beauty of a woman's body but that wouldn't ever reach a sexual level. You're all beautiful, gals!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'm straight. I've done stuff with girls, but never felt anything. I don't really understand the whole discover part. For as long as I can remember I just really liked guys/have only wanted to be with guys.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
  • I'm almost never attracted to people. 8D There's potential with anyone that gets close enough though. I'll just worry about whoever I end up being with in the long term really, I don't care for labelling it.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm not completely sure, but I guess aromantic. I've never had an interest in dating any gender , but I've always had lustful/sexual attraction to both male and female, but mostly male. I really don't want to clearly state "I'm gay" or "I'm straight" either but I probably shouldn't over complicated things. I just personally want friendships at this moment and really don't want anything to do with romantic relationships.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I'm gay & very certain. I knew I was "different" back when I was in elementary school.. at the time I didn't really understand it so I kinda shrugged it off as though it was a phase, but it definitely wasn't, haha. My immediate family does know, and luckily they are okay with it. :]

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The easy answer: I like guys.

The definitive answer: Demisexual. I'm only sexually attracted to my boyfriend.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I'm straight. I also feel very awkward about all these new labels that will soon become so complicated that I'll be able to pick out a person's sexual interest from the crowd and know that they're having lustful thoughts in their head about them because they said that they're heteroblondoscandinavioslenderowittysexual.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I am so amazed at some of the answers in this thread. I'm sure some of these are honest answers, but I just get the feeling that a lot of people want to sound complex and special. And all these anti-sex responses in general??

Anyway, I'm straight. I was confused for a lot of my life because I would always look at other guys in sort of admiration when they had physical characteristics that I wanted. That said, I think a lot of guys are more physically attractive than girls, but I've never been sexually attracted to them before as I have been to women.

And since we're talking about sexuality, I'm open to experimenting.

Years
  • I'm straight. I also feel very awkward about all these new labels that will soon become so complicated that I'll be able to pick out a person's sexual interest from the crowd and know that they're having lustful thoughts in their head about them because they said that they're heteroblondoscandinavioslenderowittysexual.

This is something I agree with. There are just so many labels. Like, is the label for demisexual really necessary? Is it even focussing on sexuality or as to when somebody would be comfortable having sex with another person? All you really need is Heterosexual, Homosexual, Asexual and Bisexual, really (I would also say transexual, but does that focus on sexuality of gender preference?). How can you be anything else? I know the essential four and feel that there's no need to learn the others. I know that may make me ignorant to the subject, but I don't think it means that I need to be slammed on the subject.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to display my views on Homophobia. Firstly, I think homophobia is a stupid name because it implies that you have a genuine fear of homosexuals, which it isn't. It's just being against the concept. Secondly, I think that it's okay to question whether you're okay with people being gay. NOW LET ME FINISH. I know that I have been raised in a manner that a lot of things around me have been heterosexual, and so when homosexuality was introduced to me it took me a while to get used to it. At the very beginning I was like "is this supposed to be right?" Of course, I grew up to accept that people are gay and to be happy for them. But I think that we all go through that "huh, what? is that right?" stage due to the way a lot of us are raised. I think that it's natural and that as longs as you're not bashing homosexuals because of it and keeping it to yourself then it's okay. Hell, I think it's okay to be a homophobe so longs as you keep it to yourself and don't act on those views. Sometimes it's like sexuality in the sense that you can't help what you believe because it can be an instinct. Places like Tumblr just don't like the thought of somebody believing in something that goes against that majority opinion on their precious site. Might be because most people claim that they're anything but heterosexual on Tumblr anyway, key word being claim, but that's a rant for another day.

To answer the main question though, I actually don't know. I, quite frankly, don't give a ♥♥♥♥. Why stick a label on myself and end up being judged by people? I can do what makes me happy without being judged, and I'm okay with that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    What's wrong with letting people have their plethora of labels. We have a ♥♥♥♥ ton of words to describe personality and looks, so why not sexuality? It may be that some people just want to find something "off the beaten path", I don't disagree, but it's not harming anybody and I'd honestly prefer this than having the two options of straight or gay and ignoring anything in between.

A label is just a label to many people, but to some people it can be a very important part of their identity. Whether it's misguided or not is not really for anybody else to judge... especially when it's something as harmless as talking about your own sexuality on a thread that asks that very question.

To be told your sexuality is a phase (whether it is or not, who cares?), or you know just that it doesn't exist at all, kind of sounds very similar to what gay people have been told in the past... and present.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    I think I'm straight, but have not fully decided. I have only had an interest in guys so far, but I should probably wait and see.

Back