• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

Years
  • I'm reading a few but my current focus is watching Fairy Tail since the manga seems it's heading into its last arc. Very excited. People can say whatever they want about it but this anime will always hold a special place in my heart,

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Finished Cross Game a while ago. Loved the series. 9.5/10. Simple yet elegantly done. :') Not to forget, it made me marathon it like crazy. In just over a day, I finished watching 49 episodes of it.
    Not counting the first episode since I saw that ages ago and remembered it distinctly enough for me to not watch it again. :p

edit: oops, I missed something. and quoted wrongly. sorry, lol

Years
  • Dandelion best.
    Akane best HanaKana.

It was pretty cute and pretty fun.
    Also, nah. :P

Anyway, finished Joukamachi no Dandelion (Castle Town Dandelion for those who are looking for it on English streaming services - it's on Hulu and Funimation in the US). Also finished Shimoneta.

Probably gonna dive into Gangsta next since that's the next closest I am to finishing a series from the season just past (just 3 shows left from the summer season in my "watching" list!).

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
  • Yesterday I gave a chance to Black Lagoon's OAVs, which adapt the Roberta's arc (dance of death or whatever it's called).
    I found some parts kinda boring (too much building for something that didn't really live up to my expectations), but it was a nice trip overall.

pkmin3033

Picked up Ore Monogatari!! the other day...bahaha. I get the feeling that I'm going to like this one...perhaps not quite as much as Shigatsu, but I seem to be developing a thing for romance anime.

...also rewatching Gurren Lagann, because it's been a couple of years and I bought the DVDs earlier this year and have been meaning to get around to them. Subbed. Because I despise Yuri Lowenthal and will not subject myself to his voice if I don't have to.

Years
  • So far for the new season, I've started the following:

Itoshi no Muco - it's about a dog named Muco
    Shingeki! Kyojin Chuugakkou - This is Attack on Titan Junior High
    Miss Monochrome: The Animation 3 - this is the continuation of the first two seasons; it's about a robot girl/android trying to become an idol
    Heavy Object - this work is by the person behind the Raildex series

All have been alright so far. Heavy Object has been the heaviest in terms of content so far, while the other 3 are basically shorts.

derozio

Years
  • This season, I picked up the following:

One Punch Man
    Noragami Aragoto
    Haikyuu!! Season 2
    Utawaremono
    (or something like that...)

and that's about it I guess? I'll pick more up later on I guess. Will pick up Owari when I finish other monogataris. Which brings me to this - just finished Bakemonogatari. Onto Nise, I guess.

Years
  • This season, I picked up the following:

One Punch Man
    Noragami Aragoto
    Haikyuu!! Season 2
    Utawaremono
    (or something like that...)

and that's about it I guess? I'll pick more up later on I guess. Will pick up Owari when I finish other monogataris. Which brings me to this - just finished Bakemonogatari. Onto Nise, I guess.

I forgot I was gonna start OPM.

What's Utawaremono?

I also started a couple more things these past two days:

Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan - A short involving a boy, a girl, and a hot springs spirit.
    Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! - A short about a girl who cannot decline the requests of others.
    Astarotte no Omocha! - Because I didn't feel like diving into Gangsta and it's alphabetically near the top of the series Crunchyroll has. Mediocre as hell.
    Teekyuu 6 - Let the Teekyuu take you home.

derozio

Years
  • I forgot I was gonna start OPM.

What's Utawaremono?

I also started a couple more things these past two days:

Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan - A short involving a boy, a girl, and a hot springs spirit.
    Komori-san wa Kotowarenai! - A short about a girl who cannot decline the requests of others.
    Astarotte no Omocha! - Because I didn't feel like diving into Gangsta and it's alphabetically near the top of the series Crunchyroll has. Mediocre as hell.
    Teekyuu 6 - Let the Teekyuu take you home.
    Get to it. Right now. OPM deserves all attention it can get. They blew it outta the park with the first episode. Madhouse is doing a fantastic job. <3

Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen is the entire name. Not what I wrote earlier. I just saw the synopsis and saw that it was an adventure fantasy setting so I picked it up. First episode wasn't all that interesting, though. Idk. It was okay.

The stuff you're watching...the only one I feel like getting into is Teekyuu. But then I need to have seen the rest of the seasons too... :(

Years
  • Get to it. Right now. OPM deserves all attention it can get. They blew it outta the park with the first episode. Madhouse is doing a fantastic job. <3

Utawarerumono - Itsuwari no Kamen is the entire name. Not what I wrote earlier. I just saw the synopsis and saw that it was an adventure fantasy setting so I picked it up. First episode wasn't all that interesting, though. Idk. It was okay.

The stuff you're watching...the only one I feel like getting into is Teekyuu. But then I need to have seen the rest of the seasons too... :(

Well... right now would be a little difficult, haha.

Looking at it, it looks like it's a reboot/re-do of a series from almost 10 years ago. Looks like the original was pretty violent in terms of action, and scored pretty well with those who've seen it (7.77).

The first 5 seasons are roughly 2 hours worth of anime, man. Wouldn't take very long at all to marathon through them. Go watch 'em.

derozio

Years
  • Well... right now would be a little difficult, haha.

Looking at it, it looks like it's a reboot/re-do of a series from almost 10 years ago. Looks like the original was pretty violent in terms of action, and scored pretty well with those who've seen it (7.77).

The first 5 seasons are roughly 2 hours worth of anime, man. Wouldn't take very long at all to marathon through them. Go watch 'em.
    I meant...as soon as possible, lol? Get to it, that's all :p

Ah, that makes me look forward to it a bit more. I'll keep watching it. :D

It is a short?! I wasn't aware haha. I'll finish it soon enough, then! Thanks for letting me know.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Finished Cross Game a while ago. Loved the series. 9.5/10. Simple yet elegantly done. :') Not to forget, it made me marathon it like crazy. In just over a day, I finished watching 49 episodes of it.
    Not counting the first episode since I saw that ages ago and remembered it distinctly enough for me to not watch it again. :p
    Always warms my heart to see more people watching Cross Game

Only Nichijou and One Punch Man for me

Sir Codin

Yona of the Dawn
    Shimoneta (best anime of the summer 2015 season)
    Record of Lodoss War: Chronicles of the Heroic Knight
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Right now I'm only watching Nana, but I'm almost done with it and it's making me so sad. I heard they don't cover everything in the manga, so I may need to check that out at some point in time. I adore this show though, the style is really interesting (in a good way, imo) and the dialogue and writing is spectacular. I was hooked instantly.

But it's making me sad now and I just sit here wondering how I always find animes that seem fun and cute at first and then go all dark. Madoka was the anime I watched before this one. I had no context and thought it was just a cute anime about a bunch of magical girls and their shenanigans. Nope v_v

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
  • Anime You're Currently Watching?

I tend to pick up a lot of what comes out during the new season but I may drop a few after a few weeks if they aren't worth watching.

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    ... Madoka was the anime I watched before this one. I had no context and thought it was just a cute anime about a bunch of magical girls and their shenanigans. Nope v_v

Madoka was great! Have you looked into Little Witch Academia and its sequel?

Right now I'm watching Yo-kai Watch. It's not bad! It's no "Pokemon-killer", but it's enjoyable and I hope it succeeds so I can get more episodes to watch. There's not a lot of depth to it so far. So far, it's about a kid and HIS problems. I hope they branch out from that and explore bigger problems. But I can understand things need to get set up, so I'm happily watching along.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Madoka was great! Have you looked into Little Witch Academia and its sequel?

I really enjoyed Madoka, even thought it wasn't what I expected! I have yet to see the movie associated with the series, but it's on Netflix so I'll get around to it soon.

I haven't. I just looked it up and it looks promising :) I'll have to look around to find it.

Back