• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime You're Currently Watching?

Years
  • Just started Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I guess that's something... different. Someone said that it's an anime for little girls when I first heard about it, but that can't be true.
    Also I'm watching One-Punch Man, Digimon (started recently, I'm on Digimon Tamers right now) and Pokemon. Not really a fan of anime, but I'm working on it.

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I am not watching all that much lately. It's been awhile since an anime has really caught my eye. At the moment I am watching Haikyuu and waiting for the rest of the new Digimon to be released.

Years
  • I started Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara today. It's okay. Pretty flashily animated in episode one.

Just started Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I guess that's something... different. Someone said that it's an anime for little girls when I first heard about it, but that can't be true.

There's probably a reason they said that:

Madoka spoilers inside:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • There's probably a reason they said that:

Madoka spoilers inside:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

And I finished this anime btw. It's really great.

Years
  • Spoiler:

And I finished this anime btw. It's really great.

Spoiler:

I've actually not finished it, myself, though I read the story in manga form, so I kinda know how it goes.

Years
  • Wait, Madoka was not about cute girls doing cute things? :P

I mean, that's still part of the content inside the box.

Anyway, I started Samurai Champloo and finished both Rainy Cocoa and Doamaiger D over these past 4 days. I anticipate I'll be starting some of this season's shows in the upcoming week starting with Dagashi Kashi and DRRR!!, while also mixing in the completion of a couple series I've been working on for a couple months.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Not much at the moment, just been watching Prince of Stride: Alternative and Reikenzan: Hoshikuzu-tachi no Utage. Those 2 and Musaigen no Phantom World are the only 3 that I've really kept up with this season, however I think I'm gonna stop Musaigen no Phantom World cause I don't really like it. That, and I finally stopped procrastinated and started watching Noragami Aragoto yesterday, and I already love it (loved the 1st. season as well).

Years
  • In the past week, I've finished Astarotte no Omocha, Attack on Titan Junior High, R.O.D. the TV (things picked up toward the end there), and Gangsta. I also started on Oji-san and Marshmallow. Not sure what I'll pick up and finish next, though.

pkmin3033

S3 has fewer absurd skit outbursts in part because there was a studio change, and there's some presentation changes because of it.

On a personal level, I liked S3 much better (I felt it had the strongest character development and was much more grounded in reality, myself, but what do I know?), but many people were expecting more of S1 and S2 and were extremely disappointed.
    I find myself agreeing with you, actually. It feels like a completely different show, but I don't think that's a bad thing; it builds on the characters already established in the first two seasons and makes them more interesting. I liked the craziness in S1/S2 (Chinatsu's hair devouring stuff, OMFG) but it feels refreshing and it's keeping me watching it. I miss the little Akari sketches at the start, though.

I especially liked the Matsumoto-centric first half of episode 8 for the complete lack of voicework; it was like watching an episode of Tom & Jerry or something. xD

Anyways, I have *finally* picked up The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, after putting it off for...uh, many years. A central protagonist voiced by Crispin Freeman? Why didn't I watch this sooner?! I'm also re-watching FMA Brotherhood in the evenings out of sheer boredom, because I can't decide what to pick up next. I was thinking of giving Naruto another try or something...

Mettaton

Drama! Action! Romance!
    Years
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Yu Yu Hakusho. That anime is old but gold.

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Years
  • I find myself agreeing with you, actually. It feels like a completely different show, but I don't think that's a bad thing; it builds on the characters already established in the first two seasons and makes them more interesting. I liked the craziness in S1/S2 (Chinatsu's hair devouring stuff, OMFG) but it feels refreshing and it's keeping me watching it. I miss the little Akari sketches at the start, though.

I especially liked the Matsumoto-centric first half of episode 8 for the complete lack of voicework; it was like watching an episode of Tom & Jerry or something. xD

Anyways, I have *finally* picked up The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, after putting it off for...uh, many years. A central protagonist voiced by Crispin Freeman? Why didn't I watch this sooner?! I'm also re-watching FMA Brotherhood in the evenings out of sheer boredom, because I can't decide what to pick up next. I was thinking of giving Naruto another try or something...

I do kinda miss some of the shenanigans from the first two seasons, but S3 is more my type of show anyway.

Those first 5 minutes were a fantastic experience. Made the change to the OP feel kind of jarring. They may have been better off just not cutting the OP into that episode or playing it before the short.

Haruhi is a fantastic piece of work. Endless 8 in S2 is not for everyone, though, by any means (though it does convey a few things about a few characters very well that you may not have realized or may still not realize until you sit down and think about it afterward).

Have you watched Baccano! yet? Depending on who has it licensed in the UK, Funimation and Aniplex couldn't come to an agreement on terms to renew Funi's license for the series and it'll be taken off of streaming services that Funimation has licensed it to on February 8th. May be worth a look if you haven't already watched it, even if its license rights aren't expiring in your country. I just dove into Funi's dub last night and I am enjoying the ride after the first episode. Storytelling jumps around quite a bit so it may take some adjusting, though.

Also, TL;DR: I started Baccano! last night because Funi is taking it off the air in North America on February 8th because their rights to the series were not renewed by Aniplex, who probably want to do a new limited edition release for the show.

Reunilu

of the Eastern Skies
    Years
  • - Akagami no Shirayukihime: Oh my GOD why didn't I watch this sooner I got hooked five minutes into the first episode I approve of everything in it
    - Sakurasou: Eh... eh. Progress on this has been reeealy slow.

Also Durarara! S2 and Kiniro Mosaic should count as I haven't dropped them (yet), but I keep forgetting about them.

pkmin3033

I do kinda miss some of the shenanigans from the first two seasons, but S3 is more my type of show anyway.

Those first 5 minutes were a fantastic experience. Made the change to the OP feel kind of jarring. They may have been better off just not cutting the OP into that episode or playing it before the short.

Haruhi is a fantastic piece of work. Endless 8 in S2 is not for everyone, though, by any means (though it does convey a few things about a few characters very well that you may not have realized or may still not realize until you sit down and think about it afterward).

Have you watched Baccano! yet? Depending on who has it licensed in the UK, Funimation and Aniplex couldn't come to an agreement on terms to renew Funi's license for the series and it'll be taken off of streaming services that Funimation has licensed it to on February 8th. May be worth a look if you haven't already watched it, even if its license rights aren't expiring in your country. I just dove into Funi's dub last night and I am enjoying the ride after the first episode. Storytelling jumps around quite a bit so it may take some adjusting, though.

Also, TL;DR: I started Baccano! last night because Funi is taking it off the air in North America on February 8th because their rights to the series were not renewed by Aniplex, who probably want to do a new limited edition release for the show.
    I subconsciously compare every school-based comedy anime with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, so S3 is making more of an impact on me for being more slice of life than comedy, too...nothing competes with SZS in my opinion. Although S1 and S2 definitely had their crowning moments of awesome...the whole time-travel thing was ridiculous. xD

Yeah, it would have been better if they'd gotten that out the way first and then cut to ...or even put the silent part right at the end of the episode. The rest of the episode wasn't quite as good as that first bit. I think that made S3 for me alone, though - it showed the strength of the characterisation (I could pretty much imagine what the characters were saying...except maybe Kyoko, because who knows what she's going to come out with from one minute to the next, haha) and it gave me major childhood flashbacks. If they make a S4, they need to do that again at least once.

I'm finding it a pretty weird experience at the moment...episode 6 of S1 felt like a season finale. I love the humour and the thoroughly bizarre premise though, even if I don't have a clue what is going on sometimes. Requires a bit of willing suspension of disbelief at times, but...eh, it's anime. I rarely watch stuff that is grounded in reality, so it's not that hard for me to just roll with it...especially not when I keep laughing at half of it. They really nailed the voice acting for this show.
    Have you seen The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki? I was thinking of picking that up afterwards, since it's also been dubbed.

I haven't seen it yet, no. I was going to watch it a few years ago, but the friend who recommended it to me also recommended I watched Madoka and Hetalia, and that didn't really work out, so I kinda dropped the idea and forgot all about it before starting it, haha. That WAS several years ago though, and I'm a little more open to trying things than I used to be. If it's probably going to disappear into the ether soon (legally, anyway) I might give it a try if it's a similar-ish thing...

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I just finished watching the Yo-Kai Watch dub and have just started watching Digimon Adventure. It's pretty good so far.

Years
  • I subconsciously compare every school-based comedy anime with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, so S3 is making more of an impact on me for being more slice of life than comedy, too...nothing competes with SZS in my opinion. Although S1 and S2 definitely had their crowning moments of awesome...the whole time-travel thing was ridiculous. xD

Yeah, it would have been better if they'd gotten that out the way first and then cut to ...or even put the silent part right at the end of the episode. The rest of the episode wasn't quite as good as that first bit. I think that made S3 for me alone, though - it showed the strength of the characterisation (I could pretty much imagine what the characters were saying...except maybe Kyoko, because who knows what she's going to come out with from one minute to the next, haha) and it gave me major childhood flashbacks. If they make a S4, they need to do that again at least once.

I'm finding it a pretty weird experience at the moment...episode 6 of S1 felt like a season finale. I love the humour and the thoroughly bizarre premise though, even if I don't have a clue what is going on sometimes. Requires a bit of willing suspension of disbelief at times, but...eh, it's anime. I rarely watch stuff that is grounded in reality, so it's not that hard for me to just roll with it...especially not when I keep laughing at half of it. They really nailed the voice acting for this show.
    Have you seen The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki? I was thinking of picking that up afterwards, since it's also been dubbed.

I haven't seen it yet, no. I was going to watch it a few years ago, but the friend who recommended it to me also recommended I watched Madoka and Hetalia, and that didn't really work out, so I kinda dropped the idea and forgot all about it before starting it, haha. That WAS several years ago though, and I'm a little more open to trying things than I used to be. If it's probably going to disappear into the ether soon (legally, anyway) I might give it a try if it's a similar-ish thing...

Oh. From what I've heard from others, that is a pretty high standard to hold a series to.

I do hope we get a S4. It'll probably be 3 or 4 years out and need the manga to still be going, but I still want it.

The airing order is not the actual story order for Haruhi.

And I have seen Yuki-chan. It's not gonna be more Haruhi stuff. It's largely a light romance story with light comedy. Not exactly groundbreaking or a top-tier experience, but I liked it, though I knew what I was getting into having read the source material.

I've seen it consistently recommended by people who have generally liked the same stuff I have.

Another thing you may want to give a shot at watching is just pushing through the Animator Expo shorts, since those are being removed from their website on the 31st: https://animatorexpo.com/ (some shorts are NSFW, some not).

Which, coincidentally, is something I started last night to catch them before they vanish, too.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Watching Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash. It's so similar to a lot of previous shows but the concept execution is something different. Wonder how it all unfolds.

Back