• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone have any experience with tattoos?

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years
  • Does anyone here have any experience of tattoos, from having them to friends having them or whatever? I'm thinking of getting one but I wanna get some thoughts first. Since I know more or less nothing about them other than they're permanent and they sting a little, maybe you guys can tell me something!

If you don't, then just talk about what you think of them, if you'd ever consider getting one, etc.?

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • nope it's not that I think keeping my body intact is holy or anything but it's that it sounds like it would hurrrrrrrrrt

So idk if a tattoo artist can make it really good and artistic, then I'm fine for it, but if you're just gonna get one of those tramp stamps (what's the male version?) I'm a little hesitant on that.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • My friend got a tattoo a couple of weeks ago and told me how it went. It doesn't hurt much, apparently, it just rattles you. Uncomfortable, but bearable.

As for me getting a tat, I really wanna, but it's against my religion. So most likely no. :c

Years
  • It's true, tattoos are addictive. I recommend finding a good place and actually start comparing works with other places to get a sense of what makes a good tattoo so you don't end up hating it.

Also, pick a spot out of the way for your first, you'll likely come to dislike your own taste sooner or later so pick a place that doesn't waste valuable tattoo space for later if you decide to get a larger piece.

As for pain, a simple google search will bring up heaps of pain graphs, but most of them are exaggerated. Think about what the pain is like when you pinch the skin as hard as you can in that area and then halve it, that's how much it hurts. It's different for everyone and think about how it would feel to drag a needle through your skin.
    You will get there and sit down, they'll start and you'll kick yourself for thinking it was going to be bad because it's actually quite easy to sit through, depending on the location.

As for design, any good artist will want to draw you something original, so get an idea of what you want, bring some reference photos in, draw it yourself even. Probably stray from the cliche infinity symbols and swallows and such.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • I have two currently, and I got them in the most painful of places. I have one on my wrist and one on my ankle. I won't lie but the one on the ankle hurt so bad, I laughed while enduring the pain though, lol. The pain wasn't as bad as I thought it was though, it just stings/burns a little when getting it done but the area eventually goes numb a little while you're getting it done, well it did for me.. afterwards it still stings a little, it kinda feels like a cut but just keep it clean and stuff and it'll be fine. :3

I plan to get like 5 more, all game related. c:

Years
  • I don't have any tattoos, but I really would like to get at least one while im still young. Not sure of what, but it would be on my back or somewhere else I can easily hide it for job interviews and stuff like that. Nothing to huge either, something small. I love tattoos, I think they're a pretty cool way to express yourself. I just don't like when people COVER themselves in them.

Years
  • From what I've heard from friends, you want to spend a very long time thinking about what kind of tattoo you want to get or you'll regret it. And you want to find a really good artist that people recommend.

Don't really see the appeal myself.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
    Years
  • Well my brother is tattooed like a yakuza and is also a tattooist so i have a little experience with them. Apperently wether it hurts alot or not depends on the place/your skin/needle etc etc. But you can expect it to pinch some. Also what kind of tattoo are you planning to get? Any ideas yet? (More info is appreciated)
    Anyway... My advice is take your time. Not just with deciding wether you want one or not but also at choosing the type and artist. Remember if its worth doing its worth doing great. Aka the quality varies from place to place.

And for the personal opinions: I dont have any tattoes yet. But Im planning to get some when I feel the time is right.

I hope any of this helped you. :D

Callīope1

█ uranianUmbra
    Years
  • I only have one, and it's a sorta small, black Kanji tattoo that's on my collarbone. It's in reference to something that means a lot to me, which is the only reason why I got it.

Wait until you find something that will have enough sentimental value, really.

Years
  • I have 8, two big ones (e.g. up my entire right side) and other small-ish ones. All my friends are tattooed as well, for the most part. The amount it hurts definitely depends WHERE you get it, for example the top of my foot and my rib cage hurt so bad (the foot moreso), but my wrists and hip barely hurt at all. It varies with your pain tolerance as well, I think I just have a pretty high tolerance for body modification, what with all the tattoos and piercings :p

Years
  • I don't see the point in tattoos and have no interest in getting any. It's not that I'm really against them, I just don't think I'll look good with any on me anywhere.
    That's exactly my stance on tattoos. I don't mind if I have friends with them, but I don't see the point in them and I have no intentions (for now) on getting one.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • I have two tattoos as of now, one in each of my biceps, got them done when I was 15. The first one hurt for only a few minutes but I got used to the pain quick, it was still pretty uncomfortable though. I want to get so many more though but I can't right now because I'm planning to join the military. Once I do my years of service I'll be getting quite a few more.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I have two tattoos as of now, one in each of my biceps, got them done when I was 15. The first one hurt for only a few minutes but I got used to the pain quick, it was still pretty uncomfortable though. I want to get so many more though but I can't right now because I'm planning to join the military. Once I do my years of service I'll be getting quite a few more.

15? Are the laws different where you live? I always thought you had to be 16 or 18 or older. (Just curious on this btw)

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • 15? Are the laws different where you live? I always thought you had to be 16 or 18 or older. (Just curious on this btw)

I'm really not sure I just got it done at some tattoo artists' house. Well I know you need legal guardian/parental consent in any case and my parents were OK with it so no big deal. I lived in Texas at the time btw.

Years
  • I don't plan on getting a tattoo. First of all, my parents are really against this and while I don't find myself agreeing with or following them often it's one of the few things I soundly agree with them. Plus the possibility of getting an infection with dirty inks or my blood getting mixed up with ink is something that I'm not really looking forward to experiencing.

Sirfetch’d

I have always wanted one, but like others I am terrified of needles and that is the one thing that is keeping me from getting one :[

Years
  • 15? Are the laws different where you live? I always thought you had to be 16 or 18 or older. (Just curious on this btw)

Here in Australia, you have to be 18 or older, or 16 with parents permission (Which really, is fake permission a lot of the times).

I do want a tattoo, haven't decided what but I'm always looking for cool designs that I would like. My sister has a tattoo kit too, but I would prefer to get it professionally done.. My brother got one a few years ago, he said it didn't hurt too much, just a bit uncomfortable, he's planning on getting more.

It depends on the type of place you get it, and how good the person is and where about you get it (And probably size/detail of it depending on how much you could take). If you get it it at a professional tattoo place, it probably wont hurt much at all (It mainly only really hurts on the bone or sensitive nerve areas).

Just make sure, that you make sure you pick something you will always like and not change your mind later on. Because it is permanent.

Back