• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Anyone still playing?

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I was devastated when I heard that Nintendo would be cancelling their wifi services on May 20th. Not only would this mean no more Pokemon earlier than Gen. 6, but games like Mario Kart, Smash Bros., Animal Crossing: City Folk, not being able to play online with friends anymore. That's really disheartening, especially when we've all grown up with these titles.

I haven't been playing Generation 4 lately. After exams, I plan to play through Pearl again. I'm about to start on the Gym Leader challenge for Black 2.

Aquali Umiko

Roaring back with a vengeance!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2015
    I feel like I'll never get tired of the games. Sure, there are times where I don't play them, but I'll never truly get tired of them. At least not right now. They were, and always have been a point of happiness for me throughout my life. Got me through some real tough patches in my life and may get me through a few more.

As for me, I'm playing the trio of Diamond/Platinum/HeartGold.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I don't have my DS any more, so I keep my games within emulators. It's...not the same, but close enough! I played Platinum and only gave up when I was forever trapped within the Elite Four, unwilling to lose against Lucian. The sad thing is as I was cleaning out my files, I deleted my emulator, Platinum ROM and save, so that's forever lost. :(

I still have an undying love for the Fourth Generation. It's a shame that my DS broke. :\

Years
  • I don't have my DS any more, so I keep my games within emulators. It's...not the same, but close enough! I played Platinum and only gave up when I was forever trapped within the Elite Four, unwilling to lose against Lucian. The sad thing is as I was cleaning out my files, I deleted my emulator, Platinum ROM and save, so that's forever lost. :(

I still have an undying love for the Fourth Generation. It's a shame that my DS broke. :\

Buy a new one :D
    They are cheap online, I got mine for like 54$

Definitely worth it!

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Yes, just started my adventure in Generation 4 tonight. I'm completing it for my Ultimate Water Monotype challenge. I beat Sapphire today, and am at Floaroma town right now. Since I had a water type, Roark was easy. Prinplup swept his entire team with ease, the only minor problem we had was with Cranidos. However, Gardenia's gym in Eterna City will be a bit tougher. She's the grass Pokemon gym leader, and I will have to utilize Prinplup's peck to hopefully get through that.

Years
  • I started a Nuzlocke challenge in SoulSilver a few months ago, but haven't gotten past the fifth gym leader. With X and Y's release, I've been caught up playing it all the time, so all of my other Pokemon games have not gotten much attention, haha. Doubt that I'll pick up DPPt anytime soon, either. d:

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Sure - I'm playing.

I just finished a challenge in HG, and that's probably going to be the last time I play either of the Johto games, just because I simply don't enjoy them. But I just started my third playthrough of Diamond a week or so ago and have a longstanding Platinum post-game I still play from time to time. At some point, I'll certainly trade the good stuff out of Platinum and restart it again, and that'll be my third time through it.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Platinum and HGSS are one of my favorite games, so I replay them a lot.

Although if I want to Soft Reset for shiny hunting, I have to do it through an emulator since all of my DSL's L buttons are busted and... I don't have a real cartridge 'til gen 6 came along.

Seven kyuun

Girl who wants a red scarf
    Years
  • Pearl was my first and my introduction to the pokemon games. Also, I doubt I'll ever get my hands on recent pokemon games and consoles though I really wanna try X and Y ;w; so I'll forever be stuck with Pearl. Never said I didn't like it though! :3

Years
  • Pearl was my first and my introduction to the pokemon games. Also, I doubt I'll ever get my hands on recent pokemon games and consoles though I really wanna try X and Y ;w; so I'll forever be stuck with Pearl. Never said I didn't like it though! :3

Why not?
    Im playing platinum currently ^^

Seven kyuun

Girl who wants a red scarf
    Years
  • Well, I'm still in school and too lazy to get a job. Also, I don't like pestering my parents to buy new games so I can survive without. For now... I'll definitely go for other games when I can though.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    since fourth gen was my first game, i have a special place in my heart for Sinnoh

i want to still play this game, but i don't have the game anymore :(

Ingosmex

Prism League Associate
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2015
    I would love to still play 4th gen competitively, however the pokemon scene has changed now and nobody really plays gen 4 anymore.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah I still play Gen IV from time to time...I'm currently averaging two pokémon games per year :P

Up until a few days ago Black was my most current game (now have Black 2 also) so there wasn't much of a way of choice...

Jaysfinest1

The Original
    Years
  • i actually just restarted my heart gold. i'm on to the point where i want to catch all the annoying legendaries (got entei, latios, and one more to go.. annoying bastards).

my lineup is

archanine
    hitmonchan (favorite)
    lanturn
    nidoqueen
    forteress
    gengar

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Yep. :D I've been playing for the past week or so. Soul Silver is one of my top favorite pokemon games to play. I've always been really fond of it.

Unfortunately, I don't have mine connected because of Nintendo shutting down the servers for it. I also never really had it connected since my wifi is locked and wouldn't let me get on my internet or whatever. =.= I just play it like I play any of my pokemon games. XD

My team is:

Noctowl//Ten
    Vileplume//Odette
    Typhlosion//Azula (named after my bf. <3)
    Azumarril//Pikablu
    Raichu//Thor
    Gabite//Gibbler

Years
  • I'm dying to play through Platinum again. ;_; But right now, no, I'm not. I started an unevolved challenge in HG/SS a year back but got stuck on Clair and haven't touched it since.. last summer probably haha.

But now nostalgia's kicking in and I want Platinum again. Don't have my copy anymore so that desire won't be satisfied for a while. ]: I've plans to use underrated Pokemon and perhaps try it as a nuzlocke so that makes things all the more exciting!

Braxien

Banned
    Years
  • Similar to Sheep who posted above, I'm desperate to play Platinum again. It is probably one of my favourite Pokémon games of all time, alongside Emerald, HGSS and BW2. However, I do want to finish XY first and I have a lot of work for school and ... I basically just have a lot of things to do. In the Summer, when I have no schoolwork or poop like that, I'll happily play Pokémon all day, all night. :)

Back