• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyways or Anyway?

Which one?

• Total voters

Necromancy

you wanna hear me roar?
Years
  • It depends on if I feel comfortable around who I'm talking with. I say anyway if I'm with someone older, like a teacher, or a figure of authority, like a policeman (bad examples). I just use anyways when around my friends. ^_^

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • I prefer 'anyway', though I rarely ever use it.

...anyway, I'm off to the cabaret.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I never really liked "anyway" that much, just because i don't like it(for some strange reason).
    it sounds too much like you have respect for no one.
    but, between the two in a normal sentence to change the subject, i'd rather use another word so i can't make people who disagree with my angry.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I used to use anyways a lot, but now I've began to use anyway. It sounds more proper I guess =P

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I use both but mainly anyways. But it doesn't really matter since the use of either means the same exact thing.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I tend to use both but lately I've been trying to only use anyway. There's something about that extra s that doesn't seem right...I don't know maybe it's just me.

Years
  • In writing, I just use anyway. Anyways doesn't seem right to me. In speech, it could be either or. I think I use anyway more than anyways, though. I think.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I probably use both, I don't really take notice of it. I use "anyways" more often when speaking, since it feels more like slang.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I use anyway frequently. Anyways bothers me due to its improper sound and difficulty to speak outloud (for me).

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I use both but I prefer to use anyway, I guess I find it to be more proper or something.
    But if I don't care, then I might use anyways.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I use an assortment. If I'm feeling formal or I'm not comfortable around someone I use 'Anyway'
    if I'm among friends or if I'm extreeeeeeemly Hyper then I use 'Anypoo' or 'Anyhoo' or 'Anyways' or some fun unique twist on the word

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I've used "anyhow" since ninth grade when my teacher corrected me. Typing, speaking, it doesn't matter. "Anyhow" comes out of my mind. Sure, I sound like some stuck-up grammar brat, but at least I sound intelligent. And people refuse to talk to me.

Back