• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyways or Anyway?

Which one?

• Total voters

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    This is getting on my nerves. Do you use the word anyway or anyways to change the subject? >_>"

I use anyway since anyways is ungrammatical and it sounds really stupid to me. I just can't stand non-standard English. =\

EDIT: *hits self* I always forget to add options. I probably should've added one for using both. =\

And again for the addition of it. =)

Last edited:
    Years
    I alternate between both, actually. Mostly depending on who I'm talking to. If I were talking to someone unfamiliar to me, I'd almost always use "Anyway" if I ever wanted to change the subject. I'd use "Anyways" if I were talking to someone I'm more comfortable and on a more friendly basis with, just for convenience sake.

EDIT: No worries, Eon-Rider. I'll add that option for you. =D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I haven't used "anyways" in about 5 or 6 years. Whenever it was I learnt it wasn't the correct spelling, I promptly stopped and switched to "anyway". It took a little longer to train myself to say it that way, but now I say and type it properly.

It used to really get on my nerves when people said "anyways" and I'd always correct them but nowadays, I don't really care. It's practically an alternate spelling with the sheer volume of people who use it anyway.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't like "anyways". I don't think I've ever said it. It is a word (says Dictionary.com), but it also sounds weird to me when I hear it. Same things with "monies". Also a word, but sounds weird to me.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I've always used anyways. As much as I love the English language, I have to defy it in this instance because the misspelling comes naturally to me. Not that it matters, really. With the amount of people who use the alternation, it'll be an official word within the next few decades.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I use anyway and sometimes I will throw in an anyhow. People that use anyways really gets on my nerves beause it sounds so ..........ungrammatical, but we are all not english freaks though.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    About four months ago I stopped using "Anyways." It was exactly proper so I dropped it. XD; So yeah, I use anyway all the time now. Looking back, I used anyways in my introduction.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I will say anyway, but on MSN (or as it is now called "Windows live") I will type anyways.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I typically use "Anyway" opposed to "Anyways" unless I'm talking to someone I'm really close to. Then it's the opposite. :3

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I prefer to use my own variation known as Anyaway (en-yuh-way) it sounds better to me. eitherevery once in a while I'll spice it up and add the s at the end.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I say anyway because anyways sounds American.
    Same reason I say aren't and isn't instead of ain't.
    Et caetera.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    I think I've gradually shifted to "At any rate," but I've used both in the past. However, this thread has inspired me to start writing "Anyway/s" and saying "Anyhows."

Back