• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you athletic?

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    When I think of athletic I think of being good at sports or gymnastics. I'd say I'm athletic but not REALLY athletic. I can run kinda fast, do cartwheels pretty well and I can play a couple sports semi-competitively. I can do some pushups and crunches, but I'm also computer addicted, especially after completing highschool. I still try to get at least a half hour of exercise a day though and I generally eat very healthy and that probably contributes a bit to my athleticism.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    No, I'm not athletic. Got little stamina due to asthma plus my leg was hindering my practice in sports for quite a while. I'm trying to get back in shape now though.

Years
    Nope. I'm probably in the best shape I've been in since I left high school, because I walk to work and back and I push around a cart with stock on it sometimes. But I still can't run well or lift anything heavy above my shoulders. Just don't have that much strength or stamina.

I'm a lazy person. I'd be in far worse shape if I didn't have a slightly physically demanding job and a car.

Bay

Years
    I used to be in a couple sports I was in high school, but after that nope not that athletic. I'm quite small but my stamina isn't too great. I went hiking when I visited Oregon last year but only made it to a mile or two while my younger sister was able to go much further haha.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
    I did marching band and tennis in high school. Not that they're extremely taxing by themselves, but I handled them pretty well. I have really good endurance when I work on it, but my strength is just awful. At my best, I could bench press one hundred pounds, so there's an idea for you. However, I could squat over two hundred pounds, which isn't bad.

I'm athletic when I want to be, so most of the time I'm not. But it doesn't take long for me to get back into the swing of things.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    Not even a little. I've always been very tall, so even as I kid I got asked if I played basketball quite a bit. I enjoy some physical activities like hiking and biking, but I've never been the athletic type.

~Psychic

Years
    I've always considered myself an unathletic athlete.

I'm great at sports that don't require speed (or at least don't rely on it), and I've got pretty good hand-eye coordination, so anything like hitting a baseball/golf ball or shooting a hockey puck comes naturally to me. I've also got above average strength, though I haven't been doing as much lifting over the past year thanks to work, so I've got to build that back up again. Unfortunately, I'm slow as molasses, which was always a huge setback if I wanted to play any competitive sports.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
    I'd say I'm quite athletic. I've got nice raw speed and reasonable amounts of stamina, which helps me in stop-start sports like football. I can pull off 100m and 200m sprints pretty well and can swim 50m / 100m in a quick burst. I have barely any strength, however...

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    I can consider myself as athletic. I'm too thin though. I try to eat more and stuff, but I'm going through puberty and bruh it's hard to keep up.

I really dont understand what happened. 2 years I was pretty fat now. Now I'm too thin. My metabolism was never high and I've been eating more than I ever did in my life.

Anyways back to the topic. I've always been passionate about soccer, and I'm a pretty good goalkeeper. I go jogging occasionally, and I've recently started playing basketball and swimming.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I was during some point of my childhood. :)

GilliTheFabulous

Shiny Hunter, Collector, and Breeder
    Years
    I used to be very athletic. I played soccer(of football for those of you in Europe), basketball, baseball, dodgeball, and everything else under the sun. I even used to be under the sun.

Unfortunately I was diagnosed with a chronic disease that makes me stamina-less and every bone in my body crack as if I am 75 years old.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    No. Exercise is just me not wanting to be fat. I'm terrible at doing it. My body isn't build for moving, it's build for lying in bed getting spoonfed while watching netflix.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I feel like saying that you were athletic as a child is cheating lol.
    Unfortunately I was diagnosed with a chronic disease that makes me stamina-less and every bone in my body crack as if I am 75 years old.
    That's my problem too. Different disorder mind you, but I can't risk doing much without getting a flare up and being in constant pain. Suucks. Fortunately I can still work out and jog but I have to manage it right.

GilliTheFabulous

Years
    I feel like saying that you were athletic as a child is cheating lol.

That's my problem too. Different disorder mind you, but I can't risk doing much without getting a flare up and being in constant pain. Suucks. Fortunately I can still work out and jog but I have to manage it right.

Oh I feel you. I want to get back into physical activities starting with Soccer again but before that, constant walks, after that jogging, and etc. I have to start from the bottom and work my way up.

May I take a crack at what you mean by flare up? Is it pain in your abdomen/stomach region?

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Oh I feel you. I want to get back into physical activities starting with Soccer again but before that, constant walks, after that jogging, and etc. I have to start from the bottom and work my way up.

May I take a crack at what you mean by flare up? Is it pain in your abdomen/stomach region?
    I have severe eczema. My skin gets really inflamed so my whole body starts feeling particularly stingy and it can get really hard to move. Sweat is the main cause, to make things worse. >_>

GilliTheFabulous

Years
    I have severe eczema. My skin gets really inflamed so my whole body starts feeling particularly stingy and it can get really hard to move. Sweat is the main cause, to make things worse. >_>

Oh wow. I was way off in my guess. Well I hope you are able to get better.

I on the other hand have Chron's Disease. I am unable to eat certain foods as they make my stomach explode in pain or it will go right through me, it causes rashes on my skin, exhaustion, bone cracking, and more.

Have I mentioned that it is not fun, it's not fun.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I did marching band for ten years, but this is my first year not doing it and it shows, haha. I'm super out of shape. I also do trick hula hooping, but I haven't been doing much of that either since pool time has ended. That's when I would go out and do it the most. I need to get back to it, especially since I don't have marching band to keep me in shape anymore. :( My pants are starting to get more snug and even my shirts. It's not okay considering I've always been a small person. Anything that deviates from that in the slightest just makes me feel uncomfortable and self-conscious.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
    Years
    So you wish to see my stats, do you?

Well, if you insist.

Are you athletic?

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
    I'm somewhat athletic and I know I could be better at it if I kept myself in shape. I actually am going to start going to the gym with some friends soon (hopefully).

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm not particularly athletic. I'm not in the best of shape at the moment, but even when I was in great shape, I still wasn't particularly skilled at athletics. It's a good thing there are lots of career options that are more academic in nature. (And of course, hobbies like video games.)

Back