• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you athletic?

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    No, not particularly.

Occasionally, i'll play football with friends, but it's nothing serious. Last time I played, I was dying after 10 minutes because it had been so long since i'd done any form of exercise/physical activity.

Years
    I play basketball. I know that doesn't make me athletic, but I am fit :D
    And video games are fun to play sometimes.

Years
    Eh not much. I've done karate and am currently in yoga (which is a lot more exhausting than I thought.. I sweat so much...) but even then I'm pretty flimsy and get tired quick. Not into sports as a whole but I feel guilty sitting around and doing nothing so I got into the habit of going to these activities. Definitely makes me feel better about things. I don't have any weight to lose since I drop faster than I gain regardless but it's nice knowing you're at least semi-active and moving about.

I've always wanted to do yoga, hot yoga specifically, but what's the difference between that and pilates?

In terms of my own athleticism, I'm probably in the best shape I've been in my life since picking up Blogilates. Even if I've only been doing it for 3.5 months, definitely noticed a change in fitness level and overall well-being; more confident in the presence of others. Though I would prefer if I had more chances to play badminton, recreational and competitively, since I'm a racquet sport person.

I am about as athletic as a rock... lolol

On the bright side, rock's are pretty solid ;D

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I used to be somewhat athletic in middle school and high school. Most of my friends played tennis, basketball, volleyball, ping-pong, and badminton, so I would usually join them and try to get better alongside them. I was also part of the tennis team at one point, but I definitely wasn't the best, eheh.

I still work out nowadays solely for personal fitness reasons, but I'm no longer tied to the pressure of having to stay competitive at any sports. c:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Not in the least. I'm small, thin, and injured my knees in gym class in elementary school and they still cause me problems to this day. Plus I don't like pain and physical exertion :P

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I used to be pretty athletic. I wasn't very fast, on my best day my 40 yard dash was 5.5 seconds. I played football, I marched in the band and I was a weightlifter. My freshman year I got my bench up to 290, nearly hitting the 300 mark at end of the year maxes but just barely failing to get it up. Then I took a break over the summer and did a bunch of vacations. I slacked off and my bench fell to around 250. Then after the first couple of games I quit football and focused on band because of an ankle problem that causes severe pain any time put too much stress on it. So the combination of football and band really didn't do me any good. But I continued to weightlift, getting my bench to 300 before the winter maxes. Then I quit weightlifting for about a year and came back to it halfheartedly in the spring of my junior year. I focused mainly on lower body then, trying to see if I could combat the pain of my ankle by strengthening it and the muscles around it. I got to around 1,000 pounds on calf raises, 500 for squat and then 325 for power clean. It didn't really help anything so then I quit. My senior year I mostly goofed off so I kinda just gave up. Then after christmas this year I got a gym membership to try and get back into it, but had no luck finding anyone to lift with me so I never went as hard as I could so I didn't make much progress. And then I got a job and found that without a car of my own it's impossible to get in a decent solo workout, get showered and get to work while also having time to do things I want to do for fun. So after about 3 months of light workouts I gave up. I have decided that once I get enough money for a car however that I will start on a routine. It's highly doubtful that I'll ever get back to what I was at before on upper or lower body since my workouts will most likely be around 3-4 in the morning and I don't foresee anyone sane wanting to come out to get in an hour or two of exercise at that time of night so I'll not be pushing myself like I should.

So yeah no I'm not very athletic anymore. I can move everything that I have to and whatnot without any stress, but I'm not impressing anyone either.

Years
    Hardly an athlete, but I do consider myself quite fit. I make it a routine to do strength, resistance training and HIIT at least four times a week at the gym, while sneaking in some hatha yoga and long walks whenever I have time.

Strength-wise I noticed that I've become a bit of a monster as of late. An example would be when I almost broke the door to a pharmacy open when two friends of mine couldn't push it, plus I was able to help haul one of those old, heavy fat back TVs onto a truck round the corner when in the past I wouldn't dare be able to lift one of those even with a considerable amount of help.

When it comes to working out I'm not the biggest fan of cardio. Give me dumbbells and barbells any day.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I've been more athletic in the past, but I'm still alright. I can do a solid mile run without stopping, but I'm improving that each day. Slowly working my way back up to the 100 lb dumbbells at the gym. I was hitting those almost for a good chunk of time, but family matters took precedent and so I've gotta re-work it to get back to those bad boys. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2016
    in the grand scheme of things i am pretty physically fit, not enough to warrant me any spot on good teams / programs however.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
    I play rugby and plan on running a triathlon so I'd consider myself pretty fit and athletic. Like lifting weights more than anything though. I've just got back into working out again and deadlifted 200+ lbs so I'm happy.

Cariad

world.search(you);
    Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2023
    i'm never entirely sure what defines athletic
    i don't play any sports but i walk to and from school everyday and mostly use my feed for travel so i have good physical health
    i used to play netball/baseball/rugby but i don't anymore
    so no i suppose?

Back