• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Are you buying BDSP?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    yeah I'm still in the maybe category. I need to see like, any changes at all. Even just pokemon from later gens. If it's actually just gen 4 pokemon that would be a bigger disappointment than no national dex in SwSh lol. Knowing me I'll pick one up eventually anyways but I haven't even gotten sword or shield yet, other games just keep taking priority.

Years
  • I was completely all in on Shining Pearl when the Pokemon Presents dropped and I was ready to preorder but the more time passes the more I realize that I really don't care at all about these games. I am sure I'll pick SP up at some point but probably not on release. I think the lack of any information is part of this as well, seems like the games used to get hyped up more and we would pretty steadily get details about the game but I think these might be duds. Biggest thing going for them is playing Gen 4 on a big ass TV would be pretty sweet.

Wow, every time I come to this thread I am less and less excited about these remakes... 😂 I am at the point now where if I really need something to play for two months, I'll consider them but STILL the lack of any news is just so lame.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I have a mixed feeling about buying BDSP to be honest. I want to have information before making my decision and so far I have nothing sadly. Guess I will wait and see

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm gonna be buying Diamond. It's my favorite generation game (although that's technically Platinum).

It's however gonna be my last Pokémon game. The only reason I am buying it is that I miss Sinnoh and don't have a DS and don't want to play on an emulator. I'm just not into Pokémon games like I used to be.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'll be buying Diamond for sure. I've played every main series Pokémon game and I intend to continue that streak.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • same as wicked, i have played all the main games and want to continue doing so. but also i'm genuinely excited to see how the remake goes so it's not like obligation is my only reason, i really love the series and still have a great time with it, even though many people seem to have grievances with newer titles. i'm also really hoping they fix some of the issues that the originals have and make sinnoh a more enjoyable region to explore. i intend on buying both, btw.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't have a Switch so probably not. However... I always said that DP remakes would be what would make me get one haha. So... Maybe? :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2021
    I will be getting it, likely at release.

I never played Gen 4 so I'm excited to get into it in this updated version.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2022
    I'll probably not get them on release since the Switch Pokemon price tags are really hefty, so I'm more inclined to wait a bit and see how the games are first. Especially with Arceus coming out not long after, which I expect to have a completely new storyline. I play games for the plot, mostly, so between rehashes of games I've played before or a brand new story I'd definitely pick the latter. We'll have to see how my budget looks like when they release, though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't have a Switch so probably not. However... I always said that DP remakes would be what would make me get one haha. So... Maybe? :)
    ngl urge to try to get a Switch for xmas is increasing...

Years
  • I have mine pre-ordered via the eShop. I just noticed that Nintendo doesn't charge up front anymore? Weird... I kinda wanted to be charged up front.

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    For me it depends on whether the game is /worse/ than the original in terms of difficulty. I hear it's going to have mandatory exp share and I was not impressed with how exp share was handled in Sword/Shield.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
    Years
  • Well i certainly going to play it as I have not played the original version. DON'T HATE ME ON THIS..HAHAHA..i just didn't own a ds back then to play it. But yeah i hope they change how the exp share work.

But i will still play it cause it is pokemon, if the exp is still the same as s&s. I guess it will be just easy start to finish..xD

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As much as I have been against buying them, I am probably going to end up buying them. While I have Pokemon Platinum, I just cannot get into playing it again because I hate training when it is slow.

I am still hoping there will be more changes to justify it, but I still think Arceus will be the pokemon game to get. And I think it will have at least two DLCs possibly three to hold us over till 2023 when Gen 9 will likely come out.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    I will wait to see how much of the pokemon franchise we will have in this game, what the post game will be like, and if there will be any extra content (updates, DLCs, etc).

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I was on the fence, but now I'm like nah afer learning the exp share can't be toggled off. Not a fan of being massively overleveled or rotating between different Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2024
    Yeah I'm going too. I played Pokémon crystal and Ruby but Pearl was when I really got into Pokémon. I'm not super excited but I'm going to get it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I placed my pre-order a couple of days ago.

I wanted to stop pre-ordering or buying on release day new Pokemon games, since the most recent 3 generations of Pokemon games have been various degrees of underwhelming for the most part, but since these are remakes I pretty much know what I'm getting myself into beforehand, unlike non-remake games.

Back