• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you still playing?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I stopped playing shortly after I managed to complete the Nationaldex, which was quite time consuming and after having spend tons of hours into the game, I felt like being in need of a long break, which is what I'm doing right now.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Yep. Still playing. I only got the game three days ago and I'm playing both Omega Ruby and X at the same time, so it's going to take a while before I even get somewhat close to finishing the main story.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I haven't been playing it much lately, but I've still somehow racked up 300 hours on it. And I still have stuff to do like get 50+ wins in Super Singles, Rotations, and Multi (already did it in Doubles), actually do stuff with my Secret Base, win the Contests, fill up the regional Dex @_@

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Yes and no. I play seldomly, basically. I play the older games more than I do ORAS. I think a lot of it has to do with difficulty for me. I've never been very good at Pokemon games with a lot challenges to face. Don't get me wrong, I love challenging games. It's just I still have quite the hard time beating them.

XY was probably the easiest for me to beat without wanting to use cheats. I love XY more than ORAS, to be honest. The reason is because it was the first pokemon game I ever beat without using cheats or my level 100 shiny Mew (don't ask) in ORAS. :|

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2015
    I just started playing again I took a small break to rebeat platinum so i could try to get more sinnoh pokemon but I'm working on trying to fill my hoen dex now

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I've put the games on hold some time ago, but now, I've restarted playing them. I plan on having the complete National Dex in Alpha Sapphire, which will be restricted to non-competitive stuff due to the fact that it's highly unfair to any other players (I think I have all the legendary ones in AS/OR and not enough pokemon to make adecent team anymore, also uses this game to breed X/Y starter eggs). I erased my save data from X/Y twice now to get both a fresh start and enough starter eggs, which I will trade using my small 3DS between my games as eggs.

Basically, I'm giving myself a fresh start and all the starters in X/Y now.

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • I beat my Omega Ruby for the 4th time. It wasn't one time right after the other, i collected all my pokes through each run, thing is, the game doesnt hold much replay value. So at the moment I just beat Omega Ruby, and Y I'm on the 5th gym.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I haven't played ORAS in months. I've been wanting to soft reset for a shiny Cresselia after catching a shiny Zekrom in December, so I'm stuck on Crescent Isle for the time being. The games lasted a lot less than I thought they would. I set them down after 3 months and went back to X/Y because it already has my utility/breeding Pokemon, Le Wow's restaurant or Battle Chateau for training, and outfit customization when I need a change.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Yes I am still playing. Soft Reseting for a shiny Mesprit. I am more a collector than a battler. :)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I've put maybe 40 hours into ORAS at most since its release, and haven't really played it since around December. I prefer XY for breeding/leveling up etc, and ORAS holds little replay value for me since I've played through R/S/E enough already.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • Still poking around and wrapping up captures at Mirage Spots, as well as catching the last couple of legendaries in the game(which all come out of large hoops, so inb4 Hoopa Episode).

Years
  • I still play Omega Ruby, but nowhere near as much as I used to. After beating the game I stuck with breeding/trading as I usually do, but then the QR exploit happened and killed almost all of my motivation to do any of that. I keep meaning to breed some Pokemon specifically for catching other Pokemon and finally catch the legendaries and finish my HA collection, but that hasn't happened yet.

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
    Years
  • I got Alpha Sapphire in December and I haven't even gotten to the first gym yet. Most of this is because school & I didn't want to get addicted during the last semester. Another reason is because I feel like I never have time to just sit and do nothing & play Pokemon - I'm always doing something. Finally, part of me has just felt disconnected with Pokemon and I don't know how to get that spark back. I want it back, but playing Pokemon just is very boring now. I don't like leveling up, I never have any luck shiny hunting. When I played Platinum...wow, that game had me addicted forever! I wish I had that feeling again. But, I promise, I will eventually complete AS lol

Years
  • I stopped playing after, norman i think. This game didn't ever push me to play, it didn't reel me in to spend mindless hours in a video game. It didn't interest me. One day, I will get inspired to be wiona!

ugtgrime

Lomax
    Years
  • Stopped for 2 weeks, now I'm big on breeding and trading and slowly building a competitive battle team. Currently attempting to catch a deino, glalie and find a Beldum to complete the team of :

Zoroark
    Deinos final evo (can't remember name)
    Metagross
    Froslass
    Charizard/Typlosion
    Jolteon.

And levelling up my legendary battling team:

Mewtwo
    Groudon
    Darkrai
    Victini
    Suicine
    Mew

Will be complete once I capture Suicine.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm still playing, but only because I haven't finished the main storyline yet. Once I do, I doubt that I'll keep playing. Y is where all of my Pokemon are stored, so it would be easier for any Dex completion on that version. Plus, I just don't really like OmegaRuby. There's just something about Hoenn that makes it difficult to enjoy playing through.

Years
  • I got the games myself on December 25th, 2014. I beat Omega Ruby on December 27th, 2014 and Alpha Sapphire on December 29th, 2014. A month later I completed the National Dex on Omega Ruby, and since then I have dropped both games into my desk. I don't expect to play them again anytime soon as I focus on MMO Projects relating to Pokemon these days, I only really play the game once and then i'm done, so even completing the Pokedex itself (without hacks) took a strain on my want of playing my DS, I definitely prefer my 1920 x 1080 Monitors over the small screen that is my 1st Generation Nintendo 3ds.

Back