• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you yourself, online?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    No. Unless you count my X version but that's mainly because I'm a boy on Y and you know, chromosomes.
    Do you use an alternative name?
    Nope, I tend to use Christopher. If it's not available, which it seldom is, I just use symbols after it like ™,© or ®.

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are?
    No, though in chatrooms and the like I've been told I "talk like an old man". Likely due to my preference of using real words over chat-speak.

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world?
    A little yeah, I think everyone is a bit more assertive online thanks to the anonymity that comes with an internet connection.
    Though strangely enough I've noticed my attitude changes slightly depending on my avatar. With The Doctor avatar I found myself saying strange zany things, with the Jaime one I feel like I just don't give a damn. :D

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    Yes, only because I'm too lazy to change it, and it looks weird when I look at it and its different to what it usually is.

Of course! To be honest, I hate my actual name so I tend to go by Sammy or Rosie, and only a few people can call me by my actual name without me getting annoyed coughAnnacough

I used to when I was younger, but now that I've actually grown older I don't mind being my age.

Yes! Outside of the internet, I'm pretty quiet and timid whereas I find my self more open to others when online.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I genderbent for years, but that was because I had issues concerning my physical gender offline for years, so I felt more comfortable setting my gender to male online. I guess considering how I felt, it being set to male wasn't a lie, persay. I'm pretty boyish, regardless. It's actually only been set to female for a month or so, haha.

I've never really lied about my age, it's just been hidden. I feel a lot younger than I am, also been told I look younger, too. So telling people that I'm in my twenties is always odd. Though, I'd rather hide my age then set it to something false.

Name-wise, I've always gone by Sho online, and it's also my nickname offline.

In the end, you could say I'm partially myself online. I act the same, but sometimes my gender having been set to male would throw people for a loop once they heard my speak, or saw a picture. xD

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?

Sometimes but just for fun

Yes,many different names,I only reveal my real name when I want to.

Nope,I don't mind saying my real age 23 years old.

People tend to be more relaxed when they're not shown..which means online is more real person or at least shows the real character of people..I myself am the same online and irl but somethings I can't show online are easily shown irl like for example face reactions

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Do you genderbend?
    I don't directly genderbend. I've decided to make it somewhat ambiguous to sorta reflect what I'm going through irl, so I don't mind if I'm seen as one gender or the other.

Yes I do, haven't divulged my real name here yet, so for the foreseeable future, I'll be under an alternative name.

Nope. A lot of my posts revolve around my experiences at my current age, stuff like school, etc., so it's easier to not pretend if that makes any sense.

I have no personality irl haha. But really, I'm rather reserved out in the real world, so I try to have some social outlets, and the internet happens to be one of the more prominent ones where I can be myself, just showing a different side perhaps.

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    Of sorts? I type like a guy and act like a guy but I never ever deny I'm female. Often people don't believe me and I don't care. There's nothing wrong with being male, I just don't think I am male.

Well, I wasn't given the name Goo. People call me that in real now though since I've met most of my friends through the internet. So I guess that one could go either way

Often I lie and say I'm 4 haha but I mean its obvious I'm not. I've always been pretty ageless. Sometimes I'll be mature and sometimes I'll be really childish. Its just me

To a degree. I try to not offend people and I mold my behaviors and speech to not offend anyone. I think politeness is so important. That being said different people have different ideas of what is rude and not and I try to uphold them in the various social situations. I'm not changing myself but I'm changing how I present myself.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    Nope! I don't think I ever will...

If you mean username, yes, definitely. I don't think many care know that my name is Anthony.

Do you act/say that you're older/younger than you are?
    Do I say I'm older than I am? Only to get on those certain sites that you need to be 18+ for No, I'm 15, and I stick to that.

Do I act older/younger than I am? theres a way to act for your age? If I'm around close friends, I'll generally do more immature things. xD

No, not really. If there were strikethroughs in the real world, I'd abuse them. xD
    Now is my personality different on here than elsewhere? Definitely. When I'm with a certain one of my friends, we tend to joke around in some ways that can get you in trouble here. I'm also generally more immature, and while here I don't use chat speak here, I tend to use it outside of here, especially if I'm lazy.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    Nope, I have never genderbended. I don't think I ever will either. It's just not something I could see myself doing.

Well, if you're referring to usernames, then of course Slayr231 isn't my real name. In case you were wondering, it's Nick. Well, I really prefer Nicholas, but they're the same. It's a common name here I've noticed. :P

Nope, I've never lied about my age. I'm 18 years old.

I don't really think so. The only thing I could think of is that I try to make a lot more lame jokes in real life. Other than that, I try to be the same.

mangamusicfan

The Lost one.
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    Nope I don't do that!

Nope Always use my real name I have nothing to hide!

Nope I Always Use my real Age

Nope I'm who I am :)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?

No way too much effort.

Sure. Palamon, Chime Nume, Pala, e.t.c.

I'm actually 17, so no.

This though, yes. =\

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    No.

My user name, but if someone asks for my real name, I don't mind telling them.

Nope.

No, I'm pretty much exactly the same online as offline tbh.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • Do you genderbend? Nope, nor would I want to.

Do you use an alternative name? Only if calling myself 'Mike' instead of Michael counts.

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are? Sadly no, i'm actually 21. I wish I was still in my teens.

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world? Difficult to judge without having the opinion of someone who knows me both in real life and online. I'd like to think not.

Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    No way, I don't think I've ever pretended to be a dude. I like being a girl lol.

I use usernames and stuff, but if someone asks me my real name I don't give a fake one/alternate one or anything like that.

Nope, no pretending, just wishing I was younger again lol.

Kind of. I don't completely change or anything, I don't lie online to seem different, I just express myself better online and am much better at talking with people online as opposed to real life, where I have a really hard time talking with people and am less likely to share my views due to conflict. I don't change, I just hide more in real life.

Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    Nope.

Not really. I don't mind going by my real name. Or anything else, really, as long as I can tell you're referring to me.

Nope. I'm really 17.

I'm a bit more sociable, but other than that I more or less have the same personality irl.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't genderbend, I don't use any alternative names, and I don't pretend to be older or younger than I actually am. I don't think I have a different personality online than in the real world, but I do think that some of my traits are repressed here as opposed to in the real world, while some of them are brought out a lot more here as well. I do think I'm a lot more friendly and open to meeting and befriending new people offline than I am on, though.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    I do. But only cos I'm just a bit..unsure about my actual self. If that makes sense.

Again, yes. I'm not the most confident person in saying my details. So, I hide that under another name.

No, I don't. I'm actually 15.

I'm more open to people online than offline, to this day I don't really know why. I'm more friendly to people here than I would be at school, I guess it's an environment I'm more comfortable in.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • do you genderbend?

i'm transgender and so i identify as female wherever i can, including here; does that count as genderbending? i sure don't think so

do you use an alternative name?

this name will be my legal name sometime in the future and as such i don't consider 'aurora' an alternative name

do you pretend to be older / younger than you actually are?

i am genuinely 15

do you think you have a different personality online compared to the real world?

almost certainly. i'm nowhere near as shy and reserved online as i am in real life

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Do you genderbend? Nope.

Do you use an alternative name? Unless you mean real name, I don't even give that out. I just go by "Murkmire." I like it that way.

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are? Nope.

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world? Absolutely. It feels a lot easier to be... what's deep inside, I guess. I dunno, with BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder), it's hard to grasp who or what I really am, but Murkmire really... shows a fair amount.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
    Years
  • Do you genderbend? Nope, I do not.

Do you use an alternative name? If my username counts which it really doesn't seen as though its the start of my name. I'm normally okay with telling people my name but its just more easier to call me Co!

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are? Nope! Depending what time zone you're in I've just turned 18!

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world? This is a hard one because most of the time I feel like my personality on the internet is the real one, although I'm just sure that's just the idea of anominity filling me with the feeling of power.

Cura

[color=DarkCyan][i][b]I see nothing! I know nothin
    Years
  • ::: My Responses :::

Do you genderbend?
    :
    This is actually a scatter-shot question for me. In general talks, discussions, and chats? I am myself and always myself. In a role-play environment, have female characters that I play as well as male characters. Its the art of a role-player really.

Do you use an alternative name?:
    As in a nickname or cyber-handle? (NinSP, Yoshi PanZer, CYD, RainbowYoshiDash47, NSP, NinStarPoni, NinStarYoshi, or just 'Yoshi')

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are?:
    Nope.

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world?:
    Being a role-player and an actor of sorts, I try to keep all 'acting' in serious and normal chats out. I try to be myself and only myself, while in an role-play, I can be very different and may surprise people.

(( I hope my responses do not confuse people, it is that being a role-player, and a cos-player/actor, it makes it somewhat difficult to explain this stuff. ))

Back