• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Art Studio Challenge 2023: Make-Your-Own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Art Challenge 2023: Make-Your-Own (MYO)
Remember that resolutions thread we talked about? It all comes down to this, baby.

Welcome to the Art Studio Challenge 2023: Make-Your-Own! In some niche art communities, I'd direct you to the lore and traits page to create your own [redacted] but this one should be simpler.

This challenge, similar to its brethren in Video Games and Anime, is based on your self-made goals. What do you want to achieve this 2023? Do you want some bragging rights to go for it? It can be frequency related like achieving X amount of art in a year, or something related to learning by doing sketch pages from a video you learned on Youtube or something, or even just a compilation of meme art!

You can even add some funky specifications like it has to be pink art pieces, or even an entire Fakemon line for each month, a different body part study until you eventually get a page that is able to form a human body, a hundred pages of the character Rimuru from the slime anime in different angles, etc. Again, it all depends on what you want to do.

For those with frequency as a goal though, expect the Art Studio to help out! Over the course of the year, we will be releasing smaller scale events with (or without) little prompts to give you ideas if you're lacking.

How do I join in?
Simple! Just state your intent on joining and give your goals that you want to achieve. As a bonus, you can create your own Showcase thread to document your journey.

At the end of the year, we'll show off how far we've achieved in our self goals!

Example:
Example User wants to join in! Their goal is of Fakemon design, and to do that they want to achieve at least 3 artworks of their starter Fakemon line that they're happy with to use on their fangame. By the end of the year they should have 9 artworks total, 3 pieces for each starter line (fire, water, ice).

Challengers:
Kitty
Spoiler:

Megan
Spoiler:

ReKoil
Spoiler:

Duck
Spoiler:

Yume Tsuki
Spoiler:

Gimmepie
Spoiler:

Sapphire Rose
Spoiler:

Amaruuk
Spoiler:

Pokepinsu
Spoiler:

Credits to Dawn for the original idea in VG

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Sure, I'm in. I'll set my bars low for the moment, though:
- create at least ten images using references (not counting the avatar I made yesterday)
- participate in at least 3 art related events (not counting this one)
- maybe do some sort of collab/working together kinda thing (never done one, but could be cute; no idea how to do one, though ^^")

Years
Potentially joining, but I'm keeping my goals low as I tend to be quite busy.

I've never made a Fakemon before and have been wanting to try making one.
Though I suppose that's not a very high goal, so maybe a line of three then? xD

Also wanna draw at least 10 existing/official mons this year =3

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
Sure, let's go.

Let's aim low and crank up the effort as we go:
- Make at least 3 life drawings, possibly stylized, (stuff like people, humanoids, animals, Pokémon, etc.) that don't look off

Like I said, anatomy destroys me. Let's try to work on that​

- Make at least 3 drawings with clean inks

My last few works have been lineless and crayon-ey mostly because I always end up with very rough, chicken scratchy, inks. And while I do like the end results, I do wish I could figure out inking.​

- Make at least 3 drawings with diverse color palettes.

I have trouble with colors, so I want to branch out and try to get more comfortable with the concept.​

That should be a reasonable goal for like, an entire year

Years
ayyyyy lets go 😤 I'll note the goals u all mentioned here for the smaller events <3 @Megan, definitely wanna do something that's a collab piece (that isn't just banners art haha)

As for me, I did say I'll be joining sooo ok here's the thing: I'll be joining to improve my art- I have 7 main "studies" that I'll be working on. My goal is to show off the results of those studies in 2 different pieces each. 7 * 2 = 14 "result" artworks total for the entire year. Doesn't matter if they're p scuff, but it just means that I've done the thing (and hopefully applied what I learned to it). Bonus pieces that are a result of me practicing stuff ofc will be nice and will be padding my score lmao.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Alright, let's give this a shot c:

- I got a pretty insane headstart this year into the comic chapter I'm working on. In fact, 25 pages ahead as of now. Let's see if i can finish both chapter 4 and 5 this year.

- On top of that im changing my artstyle. Lineart will be changed, and i will add shading to my pages. Which will of course only be noticeable starting somewhere in june due to my buffer. I'm intending to stick to it.

Not sure how much of this im going to be able to manage now that i have a full time job. But who knows when my ungodly motovation peeks around the corner again.

Years
Fuck it, let's do it.

My goals are as follows:
- Finish developing the half-painted art style I started working on towards the end of last year until I am consistently happy with it.
- Draw 10 drawing in my older rim lighting-focused style I'm happy with.
- Draw 10 drawings in the new style I'm happy with.
- Draw 5 drawings other than the above 20, in any style, that feature only a Pokemon and that I'm happy with.

tl;dr make 25 art pieces of a quality I find satisfactory.

Years
Added both of you! And ungody motivation is a mood shjkd for conveniences sake also stripped it down into lil checklist goals so you can see how you're faring~

Also added another goal to mine in case the first one doesn't finish during the year, monthly art pieces!! Gotta count for something. (sobs)

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ahhhh I told you to put me on the list toooooo

Well here goes:

- Finish my Christmas gift for the ones that played my SW mini (I know I know it's late rip I was busy okay)
- Develop my art style a bit more
- Finish more keychain designs and actually turn a few into keychains
- I want to finish at least 6 art pieces that are not related to the keychain stuff.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 23, 2023
I came across this and thought this might help some people

[MATURE] Stocks, lots of them

Lots of stock photos of models in different poses (and with different body types) so it might be useful for people trying to get into more realistic proportions of the human body.

Also the pictures are mostly of people on their underwear / leotards, that's why there's that mature tag there.

Years
hell ya lets fucking gooooooo
i'm also at 2/14 study pieces and i'm not even done with the first one (sobs)

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 19, 2024
I'd love to do this! Here are mine (I will likely add to it as the year goes on):

[0/1] Get a full set of character animations into Unity
[0/1] Finish one map and get it into Unity
[0/1] Get enough commissions to pay rent at least once (dunno if this is valid for the challenge)

Years
[0/1] Get enough commissions to pay rent at least once (dunno if this is valid for the challenge)

Added! Also, totally valid for the challenge still~ It involves a goal and it looks pretty straight forward :D Earn x amt from commissions by 2023!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
I finished my first one that counts. 1/10 "use a reference" pictures.

Years
LETS GOOOOO
i have an ongoing background in pieces but it's very slow sobs thankfully there's an entire year

Years
Potentially joining, but I'm keeping my goals low as I tend to be quite busy.

I've never made a Fakemon before and have been wanting to try making one.
Though I suppose that's not a very high goal, so maybe a line of three then? xD

Also wanna draw at least 10 existing/official mons this year =3

Gonna tweak and add to my goals:
[0/3] Make a Fakemon Line
[0/10] Draw pre-gen 9 Pokemon
[0/25] Draw Gen 9 Pokemon
[0/6] Create 6 Custom TCG cards with new art

My second goal is now specifically pre-gen 9 Pokemon and I added a new goal for gen 9 Pokemon to force myself to draw some new mons =D
As for the TCG card goal, that's just because the Grumpig I made for last GT was number 08/63 in the 'set', and the Spoink I made recently 07/63. Figured I might as well force myself to draw things for the first 6 =D

Also Draw Gen 9 Pokemon is at [4/25] =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back