• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ash should replace his sidekick pickachu

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    for every season of pokemon they have kept ash and pikachu but have changed who he travels with but with the new series coming out and the amount of changes there making isnt it time for ash to change his sidekick and introduce a new pokemon?

Years
  • Absolutely not.

For sixteen years, it's been Ash and Pikachu. I can't even think of a situation in which they would part, as there have been opportunities for them to do so, but they obviously never have. The only situation I can come up with is if Pikachu died, which I doubt they would do in a children's show. It would be very difficult for the show to transition Pikachu out, and transition a new pokemon in, no matter the circumstances. What would they even replace him with? It wouldn't make much sense to say "Pikachu is gone, now Ash has a cubchoo" or whatever pokemon they replaced him with.

Beyond the show, Pikachu is the mascot of the entire franchise, and replacing him is a decision that no one involved with the running of the company would ever make.

I agree, the show has changed a lot over the years, but that's all the reason to keep Pikachu with Ash. That team is the thread that ties all of the seasons and episodes together, no matter what changes happen in the show.

Purple skies

Kittycanes777
    Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    For 16 years its been ash and pikachu for all these years they've become popular with all the shows and movies they where in they are famous characters and main on the who entire seasons they where in if they both decide to leave I would be disgusted in a way that they would leave and never come back in a show for good Then again pikachu would never gets replaced for good

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    maybe they could slowly replace him or at least give pikachu less of role and replace him with whoever maybe a return of an old pokemon to be by his side?i would like to see pigeot return since ash promised he would return for it after he gave away the gs ball or muk.

Guest123_x1

As much as I'd like to see Ash and Pikachu replaced with someone else, I don't think it's ever going to happen, considering how well established the two are in the anime-having been a part of it from the beginning. Even in Pikachu's Goodbye, where Ash tried to leave Pikachu to stay with his wild counterparts, Pikachu came back and stayed with him since.

Years
  • Just like what almost everyone above said, Pikachu is unlikely to ever leave Ash anytime soon especially given how he is Ash's trusted partner and the only Pokemon to never leave his team when he switches it around. Sure he may be overrated but yeah while it looks like something worth seeing it probably ain't gonna happen.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • No. Absolutely not. Pikachu will not be leaving Ash ever. Why? Because it's the mascot of the entire franchise, and Pokemon as a whole would feel different without it. Plus, Pikachu is also Ash's most trusted Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2013
    Not trying to renteriate what everyone else said, but Pikachu is far from a "sidekick" Pikachu and Ash are equal partners and both have just as much credence in the Anime Franchise then another. There is no Ash without Pikachu or vice versa.

Me personally I'd like to see both of them go(if they don't progress).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Except that he won't. Pikachu and Ash are tight, and the writer wouldn't go killing Pikachu off. I know, this is common knowledge, but Ash never replaces Pikachu with a different Pokemon, so thus, Pikachu will never be replaced. As much as I want that to happen...it's not going to whatsoever. I know that it's pretty sad to say something like that--but look at the evidence left behind: Ash goes to a new region and Pikachu is on his shoulder. It's clear that he's following him to Kalos, too, so there isn't a chance that he'll be replaced.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
    Years
  • I can't imagine Ash replacing Pikachu with any other Pokemon. Pikachu has always been Ash's partner since the start of the entire series, and if this were to change, I predict the viewers of the anime to drop drastically. No other Pokemon could take the place of Pikachu.

Darkrai666

ThatscaryFreakyguywhoisDa rkrai
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Definitely Not..

Pikachu is The mascot of The Pokemon Series and It would Die without it..If Pokemon Wouldve replaced pikachu They Might as well Just close down Themselves....Pikachu has Been ash's Partner for 16 years and you just can't end that after all they have gone through Asking that Is Simply Absurd

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    To what? Nothing can replace Pikachu, it has been the mascot of Pokémon. There's no other Pokémon like Pikachu tbh. Every one which is similar to Pikachu is said to be a "Pikachu copy", and not the other way around. And besides, I'm sure 80% of the fans will complain, it's not just real without Pikachu. Sure, it gets boring and so childish, but you only miss something when you lose it.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I absolutely agree. Pikachu really should stay at the lab, and Gible should replace him. Ash'd thus have a powerful Garchomp by his side at all times, without having to slay Team Rocket in the same way as before.

Doubt that's gonna happen though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2014
    No how could that be happening. Ash can never replace Pikachu. Don't you know how far they both have come being Pikachu completely taking Ash's personality

I think this is what I hate most about Pikachu now..he had his own cute,defiant yet obedient, not to mention hilarious personality in the Kanto saga then he just became Ash in Pokemon form.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Nah, Pikachu is the mascot of Pokemon so for marketing reasons he would stay but honestly I want Ash to get a Rufflet or maybe even a Zubat

Yukari

No, I know they won't Pikachu is the mascot. That would be bad for popularity witch means less money witch means its not going to happen.

Back