• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ask a sheep

Years
  • Ask a sheep

Hi guys!

Name's Sheep but my real name is - shh, don't tell anyone! - Janna (pronounced John-uh). I'm 24 as of April 27th. I was born in Sochi, Russia before moving to NYC at 7 and have been here ever since. I like cats, pink, white, gold, cute things, sushi, pasta, and cats. :D Food is good. Very good. And anime aaaa yes anime. Namely Attack on Titan, Magi, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle, Durarara!!, Hitman Reborn, and many more.

When it comes to PokéCommunity, I joined originally in 2006 for Shiny Gold. Brown and Prism were some of my other first hacks and I was obsessed way back in the day. I made about 40 posts between 2006 and 2008 before leaving altogether and later rejoined under a new account in 2011 after having a less than pleasant experience over at another forum.

Originally I dabbled in the Pokémon Anime, The Treehouse, and Fan Clubs & Groups boards. Later on I branched out to Art & Design and then finally The Welcome Lounge. After making some horrendous welcome posts (don't search back on my name there pls) I was somehow modded there in August 2012 after some initial teasing from Went over MSN. The super moderator/admin promotions were a lot more unexpected. I've always enjoyed my time as staff here and hope I'll be able to stick around for a long time to come.

So ask away! I'll answer pretty much anything.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm totally telling everyone your real name now

So, a few questions:
    1) I take it you liek sheep a lot. Why?
    2) You probably don't remember a lot of it, but how was life in Russia for you before you moved to America?
    3) Can you speak Russian?

Years
  • Hm...

Do you still watch/enjoy kiddie/tween movies and/or shows?

What would your favorite DS era Pokémon game be (between DP and BW2)?

What's your favorite and least favorite thing about living in NYC?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Hello! So what will you have a degree in once you graduate?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    One thing that came to my mind is this: How the damn hell did you end up being born in Russia??

Also, what made you move to the US when you were 7?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • What would you say is the section you would least like to moderate here on PC?

What would you say was the biggest hurdle for you to overcome when you became a moderator and then a super moderator?

How were your overall feelings about the Olympics being held in Sochi/the reconstruction that was made in that area for the games?

Years
  • Given I was inspired to post actively in your former section (The Welcome Lounge), do you think your tenure as mod of TWL has influenced the current activity of the section?

Which of your two resident Poke-mascots do you prefer better - Mareep line or Cottonee line?

Years
  • Sorry for the delay loves, I admit I've kind of put this on the backburner for a bit since I had other things to tend to. Buuut here I am!

I'm totally telling everyone your real name now

So, a few questions:
    1) I take it you liek sheep a lot. Why?
    2) You probably don't remember a lot of it, but how was life in Russia for you before you moved to America?
    3) Can you speak Russian?

nooo!

1. I just find them super cute since they're so fluffy and innocent-looking. But I admit I chose this username more or less because it sounded cute and not so much because I found sheep extremely adorable (though they are, as are most animals)!

2. I actually remember quite a lot, especially since I've visited a few times after moving. I lived with my mom's side of the family in Sochi, Russia while occasionally visiting dad's side of the family in the countryside. Things were usually within walking distance in Sochi, from stores to the beach to my school, so having a car wasn't so much necessary. It was a pretty good experience.

3. I can! I am a fluent speaker. Not so much with reading and writing though since I've not had much practice with that in years. D:

Hey Sheep! one question.
    Do you like Goats!?

1. Of course I do. They're almost as cute as sheep (so much bias)!

Hm...

Do you still watch/enjoy kiddie/tween movies and/or shows?

What would your favorite DS era Pokémon game be (between DP and BW2)?

What's your favorite and least favorite thing about living in NYC?

1. I do, I do. I don't care what age group shows are targeted towards; so long as it's cute, I'll enjoy it.

2. B/W2 without a doubt. The story was improved on so much in the sequels and my absolute favorite character, Cheren, got more of a role and became gym leader. Hugh was awesome and actually involved in the story. Everything couldn't have been more perfect.

I loved D/P/Pt too and spent countless hours playing but as far as the region and Pokemon designs went it's the lowest on my list.

3. Favorite thing about NYC.. how it's not too hard to get around without a car. I have my driver's license but don't drive since drivers here are absolutely terrible and I've been hit as a pedestrian more times than I can count. There are also a lot of things to do here if you're not lazy and actually go out (cough cough).

Least favorite's definitely the drivers, as you might be able to tell. No one knows how to properly drive here and people tend to have no patience. As soon as that street light hits green you can bet people will be honking their horns at those ahead of them a millisecond later. Cause, you know, we can totally react that fast.

Hello! So what will you have a degree in once you graduate?

1. Communications / Digital Media. I have no plans to do anything art-related for work (but too late to swap my branch to Corporate Communications) so chances are I'll be a human resources agent or something along that line when I graduate.

One thing that came to my mind is this: How the damn hell did you end up being born in Russia??

Also, what made you move to the US when you were 7?

1. I just.. was. :( My parents were born there and our family has always lived in either Russia or Greece prior to them deciding they wanted to move.

2. The parents decided to move to the US hoping we'd have a better life here, for both themselves and me. Needless to say it was the total opposite of what they had hoped for and they've disliked (or hated, in dad's case) the country since but by the time they realized they missed their home I'd already gotten really integrated in school. So we ended up sticking around. Dad will be returning to Sochi as soon as he has the opportunity and my brother grows up.

What would you say is the section you would least like to moderate here on PC?

What would you say was the biggest hurdle for you to overcome when you became a moderator and then a super moderator?

How were your overall feelings about the Olympics being held in Sochi/the reconstruction that was made in that area for the games?

1. Ugh, I can't pick a least favorite! But probably ROM Hacking. I have next to no knowledge in regards to hacks and it seems like such a tedious place to moderate given the level of reports it gets. Props to Shinx, Spheal, karatekid552, and DrFuji for being able to handle it.

2. Getting adjusted upon promotion is always really hard to overcome, especially in the smod case. The higher staff are very picky with moderators but super mods are on a whole different level so when you're promoted to orange you feel like there are a ton of expectations weighing on your shoulders. This is especially true if you're promoted alone like I was, haha. A few of the current smods were promoted in batches and I had always wished it were the same in my case to disperse a bit of that early promotion stress.

Giving infractions is never fun either though, of course. Who likes to do that??

3. My dad was so excited that he spent hundreds of dollars on Sochi Olympics merch when he went to Sochi for two weeks. A lot of the clothing he bought I can't even wear because it doesn't fit me. >_>; But personally I don't think too much of it since I hardly even follow the Olympics. I've seen people complain about the failed? reconstruction efforts but it's certainly not easy to get prepared for something like that; I don't know the whole story.

Given I was inspired to post actively in your former section (The Welcome Lounge), do you think your tenure as mod of TWL has influenced the current activity of the section?

Which of your two resident Poke-mascots do you prefer better - Mareep line or Cottonee line?

1. I don't think I've had that much of an impact to influence too many people to post but it would be lovely if that were the case! Its two current mods are doing a great job so I'm sure they're more responsible for bringing in new faces given how welcoming they are.

2. Cottonee line. :D Even though I've always been a Mareep it's no contest that Whimsicott is the cutest of them all.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Hehe, I actually live right across the Black Sea, in Romania. So, do you visit Russia often? Not necessarily Sochi to see your relatives, but as a tourist. What's your favorite place in Russia?

And what's your favorite pasta dish?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    You're so positive; what's your least favorite part of PC?

srinator

why do you like welcoming people? cause personally i find it a chore to cater to nubs :/

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sorry for the slowness. Been really drained + dad's birthday was today + joined kickboxing + other priorities like graduating, work, etc.

Hehe, I actually live right across the Black Sea, in Romania. So, do you visit Russia often? Not necessarily Sochi to see your relatives, but as a tourist. What's your favorite place in Russia?

And what's your favorite pasta dish?

1+2. Last time I visited was about 7 years ago so nope. Dad and grandpa try to visit once every two years, though! Don't really have a specific favorite tourist spot but the black sea is just lovely to go to. Beautiful waters and so many places to eat. :)

3. Anything with pasta and melted cheese. Omgggg. Pasta alfredo! 8D

Why is it everything you have is fakking adorable?

What is your favorite Pokemon type?

Also, what is your SECOND favorite Poketype?

1. I like cute stuff, therefore I always wear cute stuff! :D

2. Electric without a doubt.

3. Grass and ghost are tied for second though ghost might be inching a tiny bit further ahead.

You're so positive; what's your least favorite part of PC?

1. Urgh, it's hard to say. It's tough for me to really be frustrated at anything here to any extremes but I've never been fond of some section-specific rules on certain things, like the definition of "spam" in certain sections. I find them kind of extreme so I don't like to enforce them.

scary Russian o,o run for the hills :P

why do you like welcoming people? cause personally i find it a chore to cater to nubs :/

1. I just find it fun! I've met sooo many awesome people that way and some of them have even went on to become moderators. :3 I'd say at least half of my current forum friends are ones I've welcomed in the past. The section itself is one that never dies either so it's fun knowing it'll continue to be a bustling section that requires more of your dedication and presence. The more work the funner the forum becomes.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Follow-up question time! Once you graduate & are otherwise finished with school for good, do you plan on accompanying your father back to Sochi? (I was going to say "Mother Russia," But I resisted temptation) Or do you plan on staying put in the U.S.?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Knowing your previous username was Cirno, have you ever played/considered playing a Touhou Project game? What led you to using Cirno as a previous username?

Years
  • Hello loves~

Follow-up question time! Once you graduate & are otherwise finished with school for good, do you plan on accompanying your father back to Sochi? (I was going to say "Mother Russia," But I resisted temptation) Or do you plan on staying put in the U.S.?

Nope, I do not. While I don't mind it there it's definitely not the place I want to settle down in. I'll either stay in the US or move to Japan to teach English. Latter being a pipe dream of mine.

Knowing your previous username was Cirno, have you ever played/considered playing a Touhou Project game? What led you to using Cirno as a previous username?

The only Touhou game I've played was Touhoumon Puppet Play so I'm more of a "fake" fan. xD;; I just thought Cirno was cute as a character and was surprised the username wasn't taken. Back then I'd have loved to have an awesome real word or character name since I assumed it'd make my account look cooler, haha. So I went with it.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I have to say, your profile theme is absolutely amazing. Which is why I wanted to ask... how the heck did you make it so pretty? ;w; Tips plz. I've been dying to know how you do it!

Also, what kind of music do you like? Anything specific, or just whatever you feel like listening to? :O

Years
  • If you could live anywhere in the world other than where you live now, where would you and why?

A person is a complete beginner to Pokemon and they're totally clueless on how to play their Pokemon X game. What six Pokemon do you suggest they use?

Back