• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    I've just started singles with this team :
    Gengar @ Wise Glasses
    252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 6 Sp.Def
    Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Focus Blast
    Dark Pulse

Froslass @ Bright Powder
    252 Speed / 252 HP / 6 Sp. D
    Double Team
    Substitute
    Confuse Ray
    Destiny Bond

Gyarados @ Life Orb
    6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    DD
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    EQ

Years
  • Froslass @ Bright Powder
    252 Speed / 252 HP / 6 Sp. D
    Double Team
    Substitute
    Confuse Ray
    Destiny Bond
    good lord the frosslass is a disaster : (
    i suggest frosslass@focus sash
    timid/modest
    252sp.att/252speed/6hp
    shadow ball
    t-bolt
    destinyy bond
    ice beam

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    Yeah, I kinda made it with no thought.

Years
  • good lord the frosslass is a disaster : (
    i suggest frosslass@focus sash
    timid/modest
    252sp.att/252speed/6hp
    shadow ball
    t-bolt
    destinyy bond
    ice beam
    Actually, TIC TAC's set could work fairly well in the Battle Tower, you would just need the chance to safely set up that sub.

Although Dark Pulse is completely useless. It his exactly the same types a Shadow Ball for Super-effective but doesn't gain a STAB. Put Hypnosis/Will-o-wisp or something over that slot. Wide lens can make Focus Blast and the added move more accurate, so consider that.

Basically, you want a central strategy to follow. Whether it's a safe way to get Gyarados a DD or something else, it's up to you.

EDIT: I have just made a Social-Group for the Battle Tower Junkies. If you're good enough, I'll let you in :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • Everything is self-explanatory!
    Each moment my heart would skip a beat!
    Tale of hax: 13 turns of death!
    Battle no. 52

Dark sent out jynx!
    Player sent out articuno!
    Turn 1:
    Jynx used sweet kiss!
    Articuno fell asleep
    Articuno is fast asleep

Turn 2:
    Dark switched in machamp (no guard)
    Articuno woke up!
    Articuno used sheer cold!
    It's a 1 kit KO!

Machamp fainted!

Score 2-3

Dark sent out Garchomp!

Turn 3:
    Garchomp used substitute!
    Garchomp made a substitute!
    Articuno used ice beam!
    Garchomp's substitute faded!

Turn 4:
    Garchomp used outrage!
    Articuno lost 50% of it health
    Articuno used ice beam!
    Garchomp fainted!

1-3
    Articuno at 50%

Dark sent out in jynx

Turn 5:
    Jynx used lovely kiss!
    Jynx attack missed!
    Articuno's attack missed!

Turn 6:
    Jynx used lovely kiss!
    Jynx attack missed!

Turn 7:
    Jynx used lovely kiss!
    Articuno fell asleep!
    Articuno is fast asleep!

Turn 8:
    Jynx used psychic!
    Articuno lost 35% of health!
    Articuno woke up!

Turn 9:
    Jynx used psychic!
    Articuno fainted!

1-2
    Jynx 100%

Player sent out Suicune

Turn 10:
    Jynx used lovely kiss!
    Suicune fell asleep!
    Suicune is fast asleep!

Turn 11:
    Jynx used psychic!
    A critical hit!
    Suicune lost 70%
    Suicune is fast asleep!

Turn 12:
    Jynx used psychic!
    Suicune fainted!

1-1
    Jynx 100%

Player sent out latias

Turn 13:
    Jynx used ice beam!
    Latias fainted!

1-0

GG

Proceed to battle 56:
    1-1
    Garchomp 100%
    Sceptile 4%
    Dark sent out Garchomp!

Turn 8:
    Sceptile used leaf blade!
    A critical hit!
    Garchomp fainted!

GG: (

My first run with this team reached 55
    Going for another hopefully will break my record of 105!
    Will post the full team later after I reach a respectable record!

Years
  • Mate, you do realise that No Guard guaranteed a hit for Articuno's Sheer Cold, right? You'd be better off giving Garchomp a Sub to avoid stuff like that.

Years
  • mate do you realise i know that and thats why i specified+i wanted to stone edge it as it has a 4x to rock..i also dint wanna setup chomp on an ice poke but id did try hoping he would sheer cold but as you read he ice beamed!i just started the next streak would mixape do better than suddance chomp?
    one more Question:am i worthy enough for your group?

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • i suggest fire punch
    shadow sneak >>>>>>>shadow punch..you need a priority move which you dont have!
    I was going to go with Fire Punch, yeah. Although it has a 0 Attack IV, and I really can't be bothered breeding for a new one since this one has the high defensive stats I want.
    And I don't need a priority move for the Battle Tower. They're not essential, espcially on Dusknoir.

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    So before even attempting using this team in BT, I thought I would talk to the good ol' members of strategy and movesets. This team has a much better strategy than the last, and has erased 2 team members and left only Garchomp standing with 2 new Pocket Monsters. Hippowdon and Weezing have been replaced with Mesprit and Lucario, and now I'm looking for even more improvements. I know this team isn't perfect, YET >:O.

Team Overview

Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)

Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)(?)

Xylophone ; Mesprit @ Light Clay
    Bold Nature / Levitate
    252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpA
    Thunderbolt
    Ice Beam
    Light Screen
    Reflect

Reason:

I wanted something somewhat bulky, had Dual-Screen Support, and had good SpA skills for my lead. At first I considered Uxie, but the folks at BT Junkies changed me to Mesprit because of the Higher SpA. Thunderbolt and Ice Beam for coverage, and believe it or not, is a great Gyarados counter, zapping it into fainting. New nicknames are appreciated.

Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)(Female)

Orchestra ; Lucario @ Choice Specs
    Modest Nature / Inner Focus
    252 Spe / 252 SpA / 6 HP
    Vacuum Wave
    Aura Sphere
    Flash Cannon
    Dark Pulse

Reason:

This is the set that laughs at all those Double Team Lapras and Dewgong. I have modified the original moves just a tad to suit BT, Dark Pulse and Dragon Pusle (Two pulses eh? XD). Vacuum Wave for priority, Aura Sphere for 100% Accuracy, Dark Pulse for Psychic and friends, and if you haven't gotten it yet, the nicknames are for Percussion instruments I play and plain ol' music.

Battle Tower (Information, Discussion, etc - like your neighborhood Ursaring)(Male)

Tympani ; Garchomp @ Lum Berry
    Jolly Nature / Sand Veil
    252 Spe / 252 Atk / 6 HP
    Swords Dance
    Substitute
    Outrage
    Earthquake

Reason:

Good Bread and butter Chomp set, with a BT twist. Thanks to BeachBoy for this set, Swords Dance to setup, Substitute to avoid OHKO, Outrage > Dragon Claw for power and STAB. Earthquake for STAB and general attacking. Lum Berry for longer Outrage, or to block some status from keeping my sweep. This guy usually comes out after Xylophone and Orchestra have cleared the field, he takes care of the rest.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Flash Cannon>Dragon Pulse on that Luke. Dragon Pulse? 'Chomp already has Outrage for the Dragons. Flash Cannon= more powerful due to STAB and Ice type coverage that your team really needs. Vacuum wave works, but you'd want a more powerful attack, too.

Another thing. Your team is Stall-clops weak. The infamous Dusclops can be found here: https://www.psypokes.com/dp/battletower_teams.php?id=138
    It's stats?
    Dusclops @ Leftovers
    Impish
    -Toxic
    -Double Team
    -Protect
    -Confuse Ray

170 HP
    170 SpDef
    170 Def

This thing doesn't necesarily rip apart your luke, as it's immune to Toxic, but you can't hit it with Aura Sphere. It also likes to Protect whenever your Toxi-counter goes up.

Eventually, you might get a Dark Pulse in. But don't count on it.
    You'd get PP stalled before that happens.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Well, at least the good thing is he won't be facing any Dusclops past 28. Seeing as Dusclops is a Tier 2 Pocket Monster, it'll show up from 7 - 27, after that, won't be a problem. If it pops up randomly after that, it'll be pretty rare. There's one guy, eppie iirc, on Smogon who encountered Wartortle on Battle 166, so it's not completely concrete that he won't see it afterwords, but at least rare, haha. XD; Although some Dusknoir won't exactly be fun to play with...

Dusknoir 3 Spell Tag (Stats: 152 167 155 85 155 58) Trick Room Shadow Punch Earthquake Ice Punch (EV'd: HP/Atk) If it leads... Reflect as it sets up Trick Room, you're going to have to toy around with it. Switching to Lucario on Shadow punch, switch to Mes on EQ, etc. Until you can hurt it enough to get by. Garchomps Outrage without an SD can 2HKO, 51.97% - 61.84%, but it'll be troublesome to get by.

By the way, no need to thank me for the Garchomp set, I learned 'n' experienced how incredible it was from FastHippo. d(' 'd)

Zetta-Chan

Shuckle Is A Goofy Goober. :D
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    You really need EVs,
    you'll be destroyed without them.

Years
  • fighitng attacks hit ice for se..so it is not neccesary +steel coverage is so poor that i would not recomend it1
    *Sighs*
    So you think you're good with type coverage, yet you're missing the point of my reccomendation?
    What does Dragon Pulse cover? Dragon only.
    What does Flash Cannon cover? Rock and Ice. Plus, you get alot of extra juicy attack power from STAB.
    He already has an SD Outrage Chomp to deal with dragons.

So he might as well get an aditional STAB move that does not lower his stats.
    Capeesh?

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
  • Flash Cannon hits what Vacuum Wave already does for Super Effective, no point in limiting his effectiveness by giving him Flash Cannon.

By the way, Dragon Pulse pretty much guarantees neutral coverage, since the only thing that resists it, is Steel, which Fighting takes care of with ease.

Now for my question, is speed or power better for the Battle Tower. I want to center a team around a sweeping Gliscor, but I don't know what stat boost I should use (or focus on) more.

Gliscor@Life Orb
    Hyper Cutter
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 120 HP, 200 Atk, 188 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Swords Dance / Rock Polish
    - Roost

I am leaning towards SD, but that won't help against faster pokemon that can OHKO.

Years
  • Flash Cannon hits what Vacuum Wave already does for Super Effective, no point in limiting his effectiveness by giving him Flash Cannon.

By the way, Dragon Pulse pretty much guarantees neutral coverage, since the only thing that resists it, is Steel, which Fighting takes care of with ease.

Now for my question, is speed or power better for the Battle Tower. I want to center a team around a sweeping Gliscor, but I don't know what stat boost I should use (or focus on) more.

Gliscor@Life Orb
    Hyper Cutter
    Jolly Nature
    EVs: 120 HP, 200 Atk, 188 Spe
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Fang
    - Swords Dance / Rock Polish
    - Roost

I am leaning towards SD, but that won't help against faster pokemon that can OHKO.
    your answer is sd..or ninjask
    that gives me an idea...
    *Sighs*
    So you think you're good with type coverage, yet you're missing the point of my reccomendation?
    What does Dragon Pulse cover? Dragon only.
    What does Flash Cannon cover? Rock and Ice. Plus, you get alot of extra juicy attack power from STAB.
    He already has an SD Outrage Chomp to deal with dragons.

So he might as well get an aditional STAB move that does not lower his stats.
    Capeesh?

im not the only 1 saying it and fighting hits rocks my freind+it gets stab..no need to get angry..just a

FinalPaladin

役 フロンティア
    Years
  • could i use this ape

infernape@???????
    blaze
    naive nature
    spe252/atk173/spa173 (think that is right)
    flamethrower
    close combat
    grassknot
    thunderpunch

oh and how do i use this set!!!!!!!
    thanx

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Guess what hits Rock and Ice for Super Effective? FIGHTING-TYPE ATTACKS. Guess what has better coverage overall? FIGHTING-TYPE ATTACKS. Guess what also gets STAB on Lucario? FIGHTING-TYPE ATTACKS.

Guess which type gets the second worst coverage in the game? STEEL-TYPE ATTACKS. Guess what type should be dropped when there are better options available? STEEL-TYPE ATTACKS.

There are very few instances where Steel-type attacks are used and this time isn't one of them. So SkyPioneer, quit giving illogical advice or expect an infraction. :D

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • could i use this ape

infernape@???????
    blaze
    naive nature
    spe252/atk173/spa173 (think that is right)
    flamethrower
    close combat
    grassknot
    thunderpunch

oh and how do i use this set!!!!!!!
    thanx

First of all, the basic set. 1: Ape wants a Life Orb in this case. 2. you have 598 EVs posted. The maximum number of EVs is 510. The EV set I recommend is 252 Spe/ 232 Spa/ 24 Atk, although you can tweak those around to your preference.
    The moves themselves are a nice choice, if you can get an Electric Hidden power, though, put it over Thunderpunch. Otherwise, the set is fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back