• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Being sick is the worst...

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • So, how often do you get sick? Do you usually get sick during the winter season too? Have you ever missed school?

I hardly ever got sick growing up. Up until about four or five, I had my tonsils and adenoids taken out at the same time. I did get sick a lot before that. After though, I stopped getting so sick every time. The closest I get to being even a bit sick is usually allergy-related. :c

Years
  • The worst sickness I've ever had was strep throat when I was about 6 or so. Had to miss a week of school because of that, which I thought was a total blast...except for the being sick part.

Years
  • I get sick about once or twice a year with a cold/flu, it usually lasts about a week before it starts to lighten up for me.
    I have missed school, when I was in school. Especially when I was a kid because it would get really bad, one time I was out for a week and everyone was happy to see me back in the end xD

Never had strep or tonsillitis, but I had the whooping cough.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Jokes on you, I've not been sick for a few years now.

(But maybe I will get sick as soon as I post this?)

Years
  • The sickest time I had on my whole life was when I got a problem with my blood, missed one and a half week of school.

Years
  • I have high anxiety and downright horrible health. Surprisingly tho, I don't usually get affected by a disease. This year is going to end and I haven't suffered from cold or anything. My anxiety gives me random body aches and I had to get a root canal this year (I brush my teeth, ok) that's about it...but health still sucks :P

Years
  • I would say only a few times a year, and most of the times they're just minor colds anyway. I've never noticed any kind of increase in sickness during any season. I did get some nasty flu once back during one winter (Jan/Feb 2009, I believe), but that was less because it was winter and more because I had spent some time around a family who had just gotten over their own round of that flu.

(I got a cold while I was visiting them. "Oh, is that all?" I thought. "This is nothing." But then this turns into a warning to never tempt fate because SEVERAL WEEKS LATER yeah I'm knocked down with something far worse, eh heh.)

Worst I've had in recent times was that sinus infection that had me down for a week, back around the beginning of September. And even that wasn't as bad as some things I've had before. Just had no energy to do anything - and sometimes some bad pain in my sinuses, but hey.

(And yes, I did miss school at times. Hello pneumonia, hello four illnesses at once which included strep and bronchitis if I recall correctly :D, hello...okay, I don't remember many more of the bigger things I got back then, but yeah. There were definitely times I had to stay home because there was no way I was going to school.)

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • just came down with some weird quasi-flu type thing on Saturday. was completely incapacitated on Sunday, hardly got up from the couch at all and watched I think 17 episodes of The Office and had a fever, a headache, etc, then yesterday it was basically the same thing except a little better and I got to stay home from school. today I went to school but we had a half-day so it wasn't particularly trying and I'm feeling a lot better.

Years
  • For some reason, I'm quite resistant to flu. I do suffer a common cold but it's usually short-lived, and I have missed school due to illness once but it was often rare.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years
  • I rarely got ill but ever since working in a nursing home, my immune system has gotten worse and I pick up random illnesses from time to time

Years
  • I very rarely fall ill but these past two+ weeks I've been to three different hospitals, had travelling doctors to my house four times and seen a GP twice. Glad my health is slowly returning.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    My health and I are not the bestest of friends. I joined PC when I got really sick, out of the boredom that comes with being home all the time. I'm still recovering from that, although I'm not that sick anymore. It has left me with a terrible immune system though, and most other infections can still get me pretty bad.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I can't remember the last time that I went to the doctor, to be honest. I have severe sinus issues that make me feel like I've caught the funk at times, but I've never spiked a fever with it. Knock on wood though, the flu season is about to start and I've never caught it before. I've heard some say that it's worse than food poisoning.

shhimsleepin

DreamEater
    Years
  • I always end up getting sick about once a year, its always when summer breaks and autumn starts coming into full force and I usually get a terrible cold, and that leads to bronchitus.

Although this year I did not, because upstate NY has been a really REALLY weird summer/fall, in terms of weather. I'm not sure what it is but the weather up here is very spurratic and unpredictable one day its 70 the next its 36. Whatever though... I<3NY

Years
  • I usually don't get sick, until this past week. About a week ago I was stuck in bed for a couple days with some weird head cold thing. I thought I was finally done with it until today when it came back and hit my throat like a truck. Now I'm just eating cough drops like a madman.

But I usually don't get sick, maybe only a few times a year.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I just got sick duing my final exam period T^T . It is very suffering and vomited twice. My body was hot and I could not focus on anwsering papers but fortunately I managed to get them done.

I got sick pretty seldom but most of the illnes are serious......

Back