• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Best City?

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
Years
  • I've always wanted to know, what city from Hoenn do you think is the overall best? This is taking many things into consideration, including vendors, aesthetics, move tutors, etc. So, which city is your favorite?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Ooh hmm...it's so tough to say, because I like so many of them for various reasons. If I really had to choose one though, I'd go with Pacifidlog Town, for aesthetic reasons. It's such a beautiful place, and the music is so relaxing! It seems like the kind of place that, were it real, I'd love to visit or go on vacation! I've also always been fond of Fallarbor Town. Not sure why, maybe because it's a quiet seeming place in the mountains. Such lovely places :)

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • well with the big upgrade from the old RSE games in the graphics and layouts, it really changed my opinion as graphics and aesthetics are most important to me. With that said, I absolutely love Mossdeep and Mauville! Mossdeep edges for first place as i really like the warm, homey feeling it gives to me for some reason. Plus it has the rocket and space headquarters which is sweet! I love how much you can do in Mauville now though with the extreme revamp it got. Looks amazing

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • Yeah, those are pretty great. My favorite has always been Lilycove, due to the fact that is has almost everything that you could want from a town. Plus, being there makes me feel like I'm right at home.

Years
  • this is one of the few things this game that i prefered over XY. The cities were quite developed,unique, had more than a couple buildings and people and not just the capital.

So i'd say lilycove. Thats somewhere i actually wouldn't mind living.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • well with the big upgrade from the old RSE games in the graphics and layouts, it really changed my opinion as graphics and aesthetics are most important to me. With that said, I absolutely love Mossdeep and Mauville! Mossdeep edges for first place as i really like the warm, homey feeling it gives to me for some reason. Plus it has the rocket and space headquarters which is sweet! I love how much you can do in Mauville now though with the extreme revamp it got. Looks amazing

Mauville is awesome! Especially with the redesign. So many useful shops and tutors, all in one place.

this is one of the few things this game that i prefered over XY. The cities were quite developed,unique, had more than a couple buildings and people and not just the capital.

So i'd say lilycove. Thats somewhere i actually wouldn't mind living.

I see Lilycove is a really popular one! It is a really lovely city. And I love the music (actually, it's the same music from Pacifidlog, so it's only natural I'd like it!)

Years
  • I agree with the comments about Mauville City. The redesign may be confusing but it does give you so many facilities in one setting, such as starter-exclusive move tutors, Battle Institute, Inverse Battles and many more.

Years
  • For me it's a toss up between Lilycove and Fallarbor Town. Lilycove is quite popular here, and for good reason. Its a hub of activity and it's near the sea you've also got the bonus's of the department store and the contest hall.

In the case of Fallarbor town, it might seem like an odd choice but I could see myself living there, exploring Meteor Falls, collecting soot to make glass. I don't know, it seems like a nice quaint place. Plus there's a Contest hall. I don't think I could live anywhere in Hoenn unless it had a contest hall haha.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Fortree City! I love treehouses, and I think the upgrade to 3D made the place even better than before. Walking over bridges through the trees is just so cool to me. Not to mention the Kecleon. :3

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • if I had to pick it would be Lilycove. I seem to always fly there to go to the pokemon center there idk why. also, they have the department store.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    The only city that seems to have a significant change with it's update is Mauville. That said, I don't care for it over the other cities. Perhaps Sootopolis city is my favorite.
    I also love the theme that plays in Sootopolis city so much.

Years
  • My favorite city in the game is Sootopolis; I love that it's beneath other cities, giving the opportunity to catch deep-sea Pokemon, and the lore behind it is great. Also, who wouldn't love this fabulous broski?

Best City?

SamuraiPizzaCat

The Girl with the Dragonite Tattoo
    Years
  • There's 3 cities I adore in AS for different reasons and can't just pick 1 to be my overall favourite.

Pacifidlog Town: I love how peaceful & exotic it feels there. The music is really relaxing too. The only thing that would bug me would be if I lived there and the sea is a bit rocky one day, my home and the walking ramps would be rocking all over the place xD I think I would make it my holiday home due to that.

Fortree City: I think it's great that everyone (including the elderly) live in those huts in the trees! Living everyday like a kid in a tree house (literally!) It has a great sense of adventure there and I bet the views of Hoenn are amazing from up there too!

Sootopolis City: I mean who wouldn't love to live in a town that is the result of meteoroid crash! Plus there's so much mystery and wonder there. I mean c'mon you face Kyogre there thanks to the Cave of Origin, who of course the fabulous Wallace protects! Plus the music is awesome! Only downer, it kinda freaks me out that you can only get in and out of the city via diving or flying. :P

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Well, I love the Battle Resort for obvious reasons considering I'm always breeding Pokémon and it's the best location to breed that the games have ever introduced.

However, as far as more traditional Hoenn locations I love Lilycove. It's much more nostalgic than Mossdeep or Sootopolis, imo and it feels more like the final big city in the region, honestly. It just has a lot to offer - Contest Hall (the Master Rank in RSE), the Art Museum, and the Department Store. Plus, easy access to the Safari Zone.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I like any city that has the Pokemon Center and Pokemart close to each other and where I can fly away everywhere (so it shouldn't be inside, that's why I don't like Mauville City for example).
    So I like Slateport City because of these conditions and it's still central.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I loved the new designs of Sootopolis City and Mauville City. Was very surprised to find the new design of Mauville for the first time, it was really different from other cities and definitely a unique one. It'd be amazing if we were given the chance to rent an apartment and have it based on Secret bases. Lilycove still remains as one of my top favorites though, it's a big city with lots to do but it still has a quaint, laid-back sort of vibe to it.

Back