• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: best coast california

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
It would be something like Christmas in July?

You didn't forgot that I'm celebrating Christmas without any snowy gimmicks or everything right? (except for the decors) Everything is hawt in tropical area like Indonesia. The malls have already set up many Christmas tree, and not to tell, Christmas songs are playing around as well ever since some weeks ago, and the Santa will show up at malls too.

Last edited:
Years
You didn't forgot that I'm celebrating Christmas without any snowy gimmicks or everything right? (except for the decors) Everything is hawt in tropical area like Indonesia.

I'd imagine how boiling hot it'd be over there for you Windy, having a Christmas during summer like me often causes me and my fellow Australians to find a way to make it interesting. In fact, in Australia right now, a commercial for the German-originated supermarket chain Aldi depicts these people dressed as Santa and riding on surfboards.

There's even a song by the Australian children's performing group Hi-5 which sings about Santa wearing shorts. What a way to reference the Australian summer that we have during Christmas!

Starry Windy

Years
I'd imagine how boiling hot it'd be over there for you Windy, having a Christmas during summer like me often causes me and my fellow Australians to find a way to make it interesting. In fact, in Australia right now, a commercial for the German-originated supermarket chain Aldi depicts these people dressed as Santa and riding on surfboards.

There's even a song by the Australian children's performing group Hi-5 which sings about Santa wearing shorts. What a way to reference the Australian summer that we have during Christmas!

Hi-5? I missed that show already, I haven't watching it for years now due to my current age, but I still like that show. And yeah, that's interesting indeed to see Santa wearing shorts. Usually he's wearing a red jacket or clothes for me.

Years
Hi-5? I missed that show already, I haven't watching it for years now due to my current age, but I still like that show. And yeah, that's interesting indeed to see Santa wearing shorts. Usually he's wearing a red jacket or clothes for me.

I used to watch their show when I was little, but the group has been changing lineups so often as of late I like completely forget it every single time. But yeah, I did watch a bit of some Christmas stuff last night, Australian TV usually loves getting a bit happy with Christmas-themed shows around this time.

And then after this there's New Year's Eve, if one doesn't know already my home city of Sydney has one of the biggest fireworks displays in the world. They always love to put more effort into the fireworks every year, and funnily enough it's not going to be broadcasted on a major commercial channel this year but on the ABC instead. I wonder how the ABC's lack of commercial advertising will make the experience different.

Starry Windy

Years
And then after this there's New Year's Eve, if one doesn't know already my home city of Sydney has one of the biggest fireworks displays in the world. They always love to put more effort into the fireworks every year, and funnily enough it's not going to be broadcasted on a major commercial channel this year but on the ABC instead. I wonder how the ABC's lack of commercial advertising will make the experience different.

I've seen the firework fest in your area Hika, since 2 years ago, and it was intense, I like it. I just hope this year's firework fest will be much better than what I see before, even though it's broadcasted on ABC. Not to mention that one or two of the major news channel in my country showcases many New Year firework fests too (and Sydney is among one of them).

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
Duuuuude, Aldi was the shiz back in Carolina. They beat everyone's prices on next to everything!

I had absolutely no idea they were a super popular international chain. That boggles my mind!

How do Australians celebrate Christmas? I'd be weirded out if it was summer during Christmas.
YEEEEEAH

uh-huh

u kno what it do

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Duuuuude, Aldi was the shiz back in Carolina. They beat everyone's prices on next to everything!

I had absolutely no idea they were a super popular international chain. That boggles my mind!

I have an Aldi in my town in Ohio. I go there every month to purchase Tomato Soup, Milk, Tuna & Apple Cider. Except, Aldi isn't a supermarket, so they don't have 2305209348208 things Walmart has.

Years
Aldi has been heavily expanding in Australia the last 12 years. In fact, they now have way more stores here now then they did in 2001 when they first broke into Australia. I don't trust their products though, I have something against "generic" brands.

Starry Windy

Years
I don't see Aldi in my country yet, but my country have some equivalent stores like hypermart (yep, the lowercase on h is intentional), Giant, Carrefour, and Indomaret, among all things. And I personally prefer buying the well-known products more than their own products for some reason.

Years
We have Aldi stores here in my area as well.. and I kinda figured as such that they were one of those international supermarket chains, because of a name like that xD we never shop at them though

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
How do Australians celebrate Christmas? I'd be weirded out if it was summer during Christmas.

Upside-down.

I have an Aldi in my town in Ohio. I go there every month to purchase Tomato Soup, Milk, Tuna & Apple Cider. Except, Aldi isn't a supermarket, so they don't have 2305209348208 things Walmart has.

Aldi has expanded a lot in the UK recently too. The only thing i'ev ever bought from there was a big bottle of peach schnapps.
It was pretty good considering it was a £5 bottle of schnapps.

Unrelated: I now have a nice colorful name.

Years
I have a thing against generic brands of food, It's because I think they'll taste bad.

And wow congrats on the supportership Somniac! Green looks kinda sexy on you.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My post count exploded this year -- from about 1800 to what it is now and who knows what it'll be by year's end xD Yeah, I know I'm reaching towards an old topic but who cares xD

And Somniac, congratulations :) It does fit you quite well.

Years
I still need to increase from this Tier 1 :[ hopefully it can be a Christmas present to PC for my parents to let me donate here.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Whenever I post in here with one of the few black names I feel so down. I know labels don't matter as much as quality, but still. :(

Years
Whenever I post in here with one of the few black names I feel so down. I know labels don't matter as much as quality, but still. :(

Funnily enough, the green italics have grown on me so much I find it hard to look back on a screenshot of my name when it was blue, or heck even when it wasn't italic or colored or anything. Plus, it seems like all my profile designs are taking advantage of supporter perks these days.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I was working toward 5,000 posts, too, until Dipu decided be to awesome and give me the supportership he won. My memory hates me and I didn't know him real well, so I'm having trouble remembering, but I think it was Mr. X who put the supportership up in the first place.

The operator symbols look a little funky like this, but I don't mind. I'm used to having a green/italicized name, so it would seem weird otherwise.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I made all my current posts in a 1-year period considering I only started being active in December. Seeing as I have no life, achieving more will be rather easy.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Upside-down.

Aldi has expanded a lot in the UK recently too. The only thing i'ev ever bought from there was a big bottle of peach schnapps.
It was pretty good considering it was a £5 bottle of schnapps.

Unrelated: I now have a nice colorful name.
Congratulations on the Supportership! Also, peach schnapps what? You like peach? That's my favorite flavor, or in your case, flavour!!
I had around 5,000 posts at the beginning of the year. Where did my life go...
Down the drain, where else?

I've only made about 300 posts all year long in 2013. That's more than everyone combined, woot woot!

^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back