• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best fossil Pokémon

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • My favorite fossil Pokémon is definitely Dracovish. He has one of the strongest moves in the game, Fishious Rend, an 85-power physical Water-type attack that doubles in power when Dracovish attacks first with it. Additionally, Dracovish also has the Strong Jaw ability, which boosts biting attacks, including Fishious Rend, by 1.5. Equip Dracovish with a Choice Band, which boosts Dracovish's Attack stat by 50% at the cost of only being able to use Fishious Rend until you switch out, and you have arguably the hardest hitting Pokémon in Pokémon history. His only drawback is that many Pokémon do outspeed him, but this could be mended with a Choice Scarf to boost speed by 50% at the cost of some power. Aerodactyl is a close second for me because he is fast, hits hard, is part Rock-type, which is a great offensive type, has a diverse learnset, and is great for setting up entry hazards such as Stealth Rock because of his high speed. In addition, in the earlier games when Pokémon required the use of HM moves to progress through the games, Aerodactyl, at least in my opinion, was always the best Pokémon to use the move Fly because of his high physical offensive stats compared to other Flying-type Pokémon throughout the series.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Not the biggest fossil fan, although I've just EV-trained 6/7 available in Gen V for PWT and am getting some enjoyment out of Omastar and Kabutops wrecking everyone under rain in triples. But Aerodactyl is the only one I've ever really used much, whilst Shieldon / Bastiodon is my favourite design. I'd just get bored actually trying to battle with it, especially during the story.

Whiteeyes1989

Normal/Dark -type
    Years
  • Kabutops. Yeah it's a Gen 1 mon, but it is honestly one of the coolest designs in my opinion. It looks so fast and dangerous and the scythe hands are just such a cool design and it's great to see non-dino fossils get some love.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Aside from the Galar Fossils, I think Cradily looks really dumb and I love it honestly. Storm Drain is a pretty fun ability as well, so it gets extra points for that.

Descendng

actual real Sableye. trust me.
    Years
  • personally if I had to pick a favorite, I'd go with Aerodactyl. fast and hits like a truck.
    Kabutops, Rampardos, and Dracozolt are also up there for me.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Probably Kabutops for its scythes. Appreciates Kabuto and Tyrantrum too. Does not mind the Tirtouga line. Comes across as a bit too plain, however.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I'm quite fond of the messy fossils of Galar - Dracovish (Mr. Fish) is a fun one.

I guess I'd rank Tyrantrum, Cradily and Bastiodon next for no objective reason besides "I like their looks / concept".

Back