• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Kung Fu Movie?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
  • It's a toughie for me, because I've only watched a few.. but an old Jackie Chan film called "The Littlest Soldier" is probably one of my favourites. I also enjoyed Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.

I want to watch Once Upon a Time in China, though!

Which ones do you think are the best Kung Fu flicks?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I really can't say I have seen any Bruce Lee. Maybe a like of Enter the Dragon. Mostly I have seen Jackie Chan and Jet Lee Kung Fu Movies. And out of all of them I liked Rumble in the Bronx the most. Rush Hour had some good scenes by not as much as movies like Drunken Master or Twin Dragons. Who Am I was also good.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon easily, but I do love the spoof film Kung-Pow, lol.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • The original Drunken Master with Jackie Chan. and of course any movie with bruce lee is great especially since he didn't make a whole lot of movies.

one of my favorite movies of all time is Kung Fu Hustle, its such a funny, interesting, good movie in general but the fight scenes are amazing

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I havent seen any o.O
    Unless the jackie chan cartoon show, or scooby doo counts.

I would have to say
    Kung Fu Panda since I think thats the only one I watched (church trip, I decied why not)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I'd say that one of my favorite Kung-fu movie of all time has to be Enter the Dragon. Bruce Lee was a straight-out monster in that movie. He even snapped Jackie Chan's neck... My friend and I had to watch it three times during one of our Bruce Lee marathon because it was so amazing.

The Rush Hour series were hilarious. I think Jackie Chan and Chris Tucker have good chemistry together. There was also Drunken Master; I thought it was very funny. I watched the fight scene between Jackie Chan and Benny Urquidez in the movie Wheels on Meals over and over for the past few months. You just have to see it. In my opinion, it is one of the best fight scenes I've ever watched.

I watched this movie once called Shaolin Soccer. Basically, the soccer players combined martial arts together. The idea does seem silly, but I laughed my butts off during the movie.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Kung-fu Panda and The Karate Kid (2010 remake). Those were good movies, but I like Kung-fu Panda best.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Anything that has pretty much Bruce Lee in it.
    Rush Hour is something I like too.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Does Kung-Fu Panda count? I loved that.

However, I've got to admit Rush Hour 3 is one of the funniest films I have on DVD. Sadly I've never seen the original Rush Hour, but Rush Hour 2 was brilliant when I saw it.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I've always enjoyed Jet Li's older movies: Once Upon a Time in China (I,II,and III), Fist of Legend, Shaolin Temple, and The Enforcer were some of my personal favorites.
    I have seen some of his older movies. I have Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk which I thought was pretty good. My favs from him though have to be Fearless and Hero.

Years
  • I have seen some of his older movies. I have Legend of Fong Sai-Yuk which I thought was pretty good. My favs from him though have to be Fearless and Hero.
    I enjoyed Hero. I first watched it when I bought a copy of it for a few dollars and I thought it would be a cheap movie, but it was much better than I expected. It's more like Crouching Tiger than a Jackie Chan or Bruce Lee movie. Lots of acrobatics and that sort of thing.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I think it was the choreographed the same as Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with all the strings which makes it appear as though they are doing inhuman like feats.

KitKat13

i'm on the right track, baby
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 17, 2012
    I like Kung Fu Panda, but I am not really interested in these kind of stuff like Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and such. XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    The Karate Kid series, Kung-Fu Panda, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, are the best ones I know.

Back