• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best PC memory

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    My second mafia game in The Underground.
    The egg swap in the most recent Get Together.
    Being told I have an iconic avatar.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Staff period 2011 - 2012
    Staff period 2014 - 2015
    April Fools 2012 (Lerroux!!!!!!)
    When Roleplay section held its own "olympics"
    Pokemom Clubs..when Ozzy and Olli ran the section and had its own IRC chat

man that was a lot

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • my times in the battle server are some of my favorite memories, mostly around holidays when chat was always full or spending time with Kanzler and Amanda, kinda sad that it's dead now honestly.

My first game of mafia when the UG was still a subforum. I remember I was incredibly interested and would check my phone every 10 minutes to see what was happening. Also the first summer of the UG being a true forum, people would spend time on epicmafia and in skype voice calls and it was a true blast :)

Movie nights at any GT is a pretty fun ride as well

I hope to have some more fun with mafia and hopefully the battle server will liven up again, we had got a couple tournaments running a month or so ago and it was a blast.

Last edited:
    Years
  • i feel like a lot of my better memories will always be with the battle server. despite how tucked away it is, one would be surprised at the enriched history the battle server used to have. it used to thrive back in the day, and we used to have such a cohesive community with so many regulars. tournaments would be held on the regular, and there would be so many in-jokes and drama and all around just fun (and not so fun, but still memorable) stuff that really made being on the battle server worth it.

really, being battle server staff was probably one of the most memorable times i've ever had on PC, and it's also where i've met fantastic people like chase and sophie and so many others. even now, i long to re-live those memories.

Years
  • Hmm.

This might sound silly, but one of my favorite memories was the 2010 Slowpoke April Fools theme. (Also shout out to that style rip) Oh - and the 2009 Todoroki gag was p good, too.

My favorite memories, though, were probably made on the IRC chat, from #pokecommunity to #thepokecommunity, to the billion spin-off channels we had on there (#pie, #heaven, etc.). I really am grateful for the friends I met on there 10+ years ago that I still occasionally keep in touch with.

(Also being modded was a fun memory, too, I guess)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Hmm.

This might sound silly, but one of my favorite memories was the 2010 Slowpoke April Fools theme. (Also shout out to that style rip) Oh - and the 2009 Todoroki gag was p good, too.
    I was literally looking at the reaction thread to that april fool's last night because I was going through Jolene's posts. She got so mad that we did April Fools late and changed her sig to a Christmas sig year-round and never gave up that grudge.

Good times.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I was personally quite fond of Todoroki and Todoroki's Revenge. Wasn't an active member during the time of the latter, but it sounds like a frustratingly charming prank.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I would also say the battle server, especially from 2012 - 2013! I will never forget Nica trying to persuade us all into playing Gen 5 NU and cursing Liepard ahaha. But really, I have met so many of my super close friends there, who I am still friends with now even if some of them don't come to PC as much anymore. There are also people who aren't active here now who I remember having loved spending time with including woohoo, Cid, Jake (music note), Jin, Amanda, Dash, Glitch etc. From Winter Wonderland battles, to just general chat shenanigans, modding the server + the time me and Chase somehow won one of the GT Battle Server tournaments by just spamming random battles (I don't even know how), I'll always remember the battle server as one of the best things about PC. Whilst I've fallen out of the loop with it in the last two or so years, I really do cherish it because it was the place I spent a lot of my time in from 5th grade up to about 9th grade. Even now, I still go on sometimes as I'm progressing through the 11th grade. So that's pretty cool.

Another one of my favourite memories would have to be the Pokecommunity GTs! Especially the Pokemon Movie Nights which had many iconic moments and was just generally always a really fun way to chill out. Also iSketch was always fun + random games of Cards Against Humanity. Overall, I have really fond memories of PC and I'm sure there are more that I could mention but those are the ones that came to mind.

Sirfetch’d

I would also say the battle server, especially from 2012 - 2013! I will never forget Nica trying to persuade us all into playing Gen 5 NU and cursing Liepard ahaha. But really, I have met so many of my super close friends there, who I am still friends with now even if some of them don't come to PC as much anymore. There are also people who aren't active here now who I remember having loved spending time with including woohoo, Cid, Jake (music note), Jin, Amanda, Dash, Glitch etc. From Winter Wonderland battles, to just general chat shenanigans, modding the server + the time me and Chase somehow won one of the GT Battle Server tournaments by just spamming random battles (I don't even know how), I'll always remember the battle server as one of the best things about PC. Whilst I've fallen out of the loop with it in the last two or so years, I really do cherish it because it was the place I spent a lot of my time in from 5th grade up to about 9th grade. Even now, I still go on sometimes as I'm progressing through the 11th grade. So that's pretty cool.

Another one of my favourite memories would have to be the Pokecommunity GTs! Especially the Pokemon Movie Nights which had many iconic moments and was just generally always a really fun way to chill out. Also iSketch was always fun + random games of Cards Against Humanity. Overall, I have really fond memories of PC and I'm sure there are more that I could mention but those are the ones that came to mind.

Our 100 VMs in a row might be the best pc memory tbh. Even better than the BS memories 8D

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    My favourite memories mostly stem around the modding RPT, playing lots of mafia games (and particularly GMing, which I think I was probably better at :c) and also my stint as an smod. The day of my promotion I was so over the moon, some people had suggested it might happen for me but I was pretty unsure it would haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • getting modded
    klippy
    challenges was born in 2010
    challenges era 10-15
    crying on skype with gavin when i got smodded
    nice messages from users thanking me for various things those made my day always
    that one gt skype chat with nica telling her gran 'i'm looking at you!! you look wonderful!!'
    when nick and i matched icons bc we're lame
    my trade shop w mac
    it's hard to put ten years worth of stuff in a post i'm sry lol

Back