• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bidoof Island [Game Over, Epilogue Pending]

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
  • I agree with Bard completely. I really don't understand what's so dumb about it.

Unless somebody can come up with reasonable, incriminating evidence for a different lynch, why should we run around making uninformed random votes that will more than likely just kill an innocent player? You all plead that it's about "collecting data," but random lynches are infamous for subtle Mafia sway and misinformation (not to mention random, unexplainable bandwagons; I'll cite the time I was The Beast in Once Upon A Time - "oh, I just needed a vote in, I didn't want it to turn into a bandwagon!") I've seen Mafia vote for other Mafia in Day 1 situations just in case a teammate gets damning evidence against them they can say "lol why would I have voted for them so early if I was maf too." Hell, what if we random lynch the cop? How's that for losing information? Point is, like I said before, losing one innocent by tomorrow is better than losing two (potentially important) players.

But, no, don't let me stop you from condemning the crowd and calling everyone stupid whilst putting nothing forward yourself because you've got the better idea about how to play the game. It's not like the Mafia have anything to gain from getting another innocent lynched during that day phase or anything.

tumblr_nchpubuxRp1savxtvo3_250.gif

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • I was gonna ignore Naku's posts after he outed himself as scum, but Naku is actually right believe it or not.

In fact, I just want to say that I'm wondering if this idea for Naku's lynch is being pushed somewhat by scum specifically to keep town from getting information from the lynch.

I understand where you're coming from Bard, but completely disagree (and even find some of these notions silly)
    As I've already stated multiple times, let's give our detective a chance to find some info. We have no fricking leads right now. None. Zip, zilch, nada.
    I don't see how looking elsewhere in terms of a lynch would deprive investigative roles of any information? Disagree on the "we have nothing" bit. You've read the thread, yes? Even if you can't find anything specific that immediately stands out, their posts at least give off vibes or gut feelings right? (referring to D1 here)
    Delaying the game one night phase and pocketing the gains we got is the smartest move imo. I mean, think about it. We're sitting pretty with one maf dead to not a single inno, just a third party loveboat casualty. Why risk it all when we have the luxury to wait until we get more information,
    Information isn't just going to fall into the town's lap. Why would you want to wait when you could push things and look into things now that could (most likely) be helpful later?
    particularly since the maf could fairly inconspicuously push the vote in one direction or another? Why risk it when we have a rock bottom chance of actually hitting another target?
    That first bit is such a weak reason, because that can happen at literally any point in the game. Of course scum will be trying to manipulate town. It's not like it's more likely to happen on D1 than any other day phase. And for that second bit, well, how would we know if we don't poke around?
    I'll admit getting another mafia member killed would be awesome, but let's be real, the odds of that are slimmer than the 20% the player ratios claims.
    Can't tell if this is stemming from the silly notion of fearing a mislynch on a townie that seems to be common in games lately. Yes the odds of a successful lynch on scum on D1 are low. But even if there's a mislynch you still get plenty if information from it. I even have an example from another game to go along with this, but I'll wait for that game to finish first.
    The mafia's invariably going to string us along a random lynch.
    See what I said above in response to maf pushing toward a mislynch. And if this were to happen then you can look back at the lynch for information anyway?
    And would we actually learn anything?
    Yes, we would.
    Could we successfully discern the difference between inno ignorance and mafia malice when there's so little to go on, even with the context of later actions?
    Yes, we could.

I agree with Bard completely. I really don't understand what's so dumb about it.

Unless somebody can come up with reasonable, incriminating evidence for a different lynch, why should we run around making uninformed random votes that will more than likely just kill an innocent player? You all plead that it's about "collecting data," but random lynches are infamous for subtle Mafia sway and misinformation (not to mention random, unexplainable bandwagons; I'll cite the time I was The Beast in Once Upon A Time - "oh, I just needed a vote in, I didn't want it to turn into a bandwagon!") I've seen Mafia vote for other Mafia in Day 1 situations just in case a teammate gets damning evidence against them they can say "lol why would I have voted for them so early if I was maf too." Hell, what if we random lynch the cop? How's that for losing information? Point is, like I said before, losing one innocent by tomorrow is better than losing two (potentially important) players.
    Ok, don't have a problem with this part of the post (other than disagreeing with it, but I don't know if there's much more to say other than what I said to Bard above since your concerns are pretty similar anyway). I don't understand the cop example though, I mean if a bandwagon starts forming and that person claims cop we can just lynch someone else...? I also want to point out that the cop results are not fully reliable in this game due to the chance of the cop being insane. (And even without one cop, there's still a billion investigative roles in this game) And also in this game, scum are gonna be hard pressed for finding something to claim anyway without getting a CC from someone since everyone has a role. I really hate when people bring up the "oh no but what if we lose the cop/doc/X/[insert other PR]" scenario because PRs are there to help town, but town doesn't absolutely need PRs to win the game. Also losing innocents is part of the game.

Just like Bard though, I can at least see where you're coming from here too, and just want to say that I used to think in a similar way when I started playing too. But over time and as I've gained experience I've realized that this sort of thinking is more of a hindrance than anything.
    But, no, don't let me stop you from condemning the crowd and calling everyone stupid whilst putting nothing forward yourself because you've got the better idea about how to play the game. It's not like the Mafia have anything to gain from getting another innocent lynched during that day phase or anything.
    Don't like this part at all though. I don't think I like how you're presenting CapsFan here. I don't think CapsFan is giving off the "holier than thou" attitude that you think he is, he just disagrees with what's happening right now and I can see where he's coming from too. So I find this bit slightly scummy.

I don't want you to think I'm forcing you into my own line of thinking though, because that's not what I'm trying to do. I'm just giving my own view and I'm hoping you can at least see where I'm coming from, even if you don't agree with me.

Question, Kiyo: Does this give you give you a read on Bard (even if it's just an ever-so-slight read)?

Also @CapsFan, are you voting Bard because he was the one who initially proposed the plan? I'm just wondering because I think I'm actually town reading Bard, he's at least taking a firm stance on his decision, which just feels more town to me. (Could be thinking about this the wrong way though)

Years
  • I have to say I'm with Bard 100% right now. We stand to lose a lot more than we stand to gain right now if we start randomly lynching. If I were a mafia right now, I'd be trying to push for the lynch because random lynches almost always hit town.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Alright, I'll address your concerns. Yes, we have loads of investigative roles. That's all the more reason not to go lynching randomly. If we accidentally out them, it gives the maf easy pickings. I understand where you're coming from in 'learning from our mislynches' but I'll say as an experienced maf that I've used that against the town before... case in point, the Klippywagon in Death Note. Remember that? I managed to get a few townies lynched thanks to that, not to mention I got Near out in the open.
    Running up bandwagons just to get claims is not really what I was getting at. I wasn't in DNM though :P (actually I haven't even read it yet, I've read through most past games but haven't gotten around to DNM yet for some reason). But yeah scum can use it to their advantage I guess, but if you're town and know what to look for then you really can get some good info out of it
    I'm getting scummy reads from the people pushing for a vote, mainly because it'll only help the mafia make up for their abyssmal losses up to this point, robs our investigative roles of the time they could have to give us some valuable info (let's be real here, insane cops get just as reliable results as regular cops once we know which is which) and can shoot us in the foot to boot. Imagine if we outed the doctor. We would be so boned.
    It would still likely take a mislynch for the insane cop to be confirmed insane though
    And you say we have to vote to get a read on people? I'm reading plenty from everyone's reactions to this. My scum read's on Sun and Superjolt at the moment. The mafia only stand to gain in a random lynch where we have a fart's chance in a perfume factory of finding them, exactly as Kiyo and I have pointed out. You're willing to sacrifice a random player for questionable information that the mafia would just as likely use against us and turn aside the immutable truths of investigative reports. If that isn't scummy, I don't know what is.
    I didn't say you have to vote someone to get a read on them. If you're getting something out of the reactions that's fine. Again though, I'm not saying to sacrifice a player in a random lynch. I guess that my point was that random voting or pressure voting might have resulted in scummy reactions from someone (which would have been something better to go on) and also that the whole "yay, we're lynching scum!" thing shouldn't be used as an excuse not to push or look elsewhere. It's pretty late and I'm kind of tired so sorry I'm probably not being as clear as I want to be here. What reads are you getting from this if you don't mind me asking? (Btw Sun isn't in this game lol)
    EDIT: I will say I appreciate you saying you think I'm town... but that also feels like a scum trick to me. Unless a cop clears you (and we'll have to figure out if you're insane or not), you'll be among my targets for the lynching block tomorrow.
    I'm not town reading you to butter you up or confuse you, since that's what you seem to be implying. I have my reasons for town reading you and I think the reasons are valid right now. Stating a townread on someone is not scummy. A cop clear is also not needed in order to town read someone.

EDIT: Gonna keep an eye on a certain someone that voted early on Naku (after Bard I mean)

Last edited:

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Personally, I'd like if the cops had more time checking out who's who, and make sure they are either the normal cop or the crazy cop. Give them atleast tomorrow, or Day 3 to reveal. So, yeah, going with Bard on this one, because if we rl right now, we're gonna lose a huge advantage.

besides, iirc nimsy is third party, so technically, he ain't inno :x still sad he died tho :(

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
    Years
  • Because I have school for the next few hours, meaning it will be a bit until the phase officially changes, let's go ahead and have our first event!

Event​
    Beeping sounds can be heard coming from a room further down in the facility...

Further investigation shows it to be a running computer. It may contain valuable information. However, it appears to be locked, asking for a password.

Read carefully, find the password, and send it to me by PM. You may find something useful.

GreyBidoof

Years

• Bidoof Island
    Survival of the Doofest

Night One​
    And thus the first day on Bidoof Island had come to a close.

Barack Doofbama stood among the crowd of bidoofs, some brown, some painted. The masses cried out for the death of Nakuzami, who was still tearfully holding the body of his deceased lover.

The Presidoof looked quizzically at the doofs before him. Wasn't this bidoof suffering enough already, despite being a Shiny?

The doofs had made their choice clear.

"He deserves to die!"

"I'm not wasting a lynch on an innocent doof, this one's evil!"

"Oh, well, might as well"

There were a few who disagreed, but the choice was made. As Barack Doofbama approached Nakuzami with his presidential hammer of justice, the accused spoke.

"You all suck. You don't have to worry about killing me, I was dead from the start!" he cried mournfully.

Before anyone could act, he pulled a vial from a nearby box, and threw it into the crowd. It splashed onto a nearby doof, who ran off in pain.

As the crowd turned back to the Bronze doof, he was already dead.

Meanwhile, The Grey Bidoof mourned the loss of one of his followers, but was pleased to learn that that another was joining the fold.

Nakuzami, the Bronze Bidoof, is dead.​

You may still send in your password choices. No one has answered correctly yet.​

RULES​

• All PokeCommunity rules apply.
    • Players must vote to lynch a player during the day phase.
    • Players are allowed to change their votes, with their last change being counted as final.
    • Please use LYNCH [name] and bold it to confirm your vote.
    • Failure to vote for two consecutive phases will result in being kicked from the game, unless the GM is properly notified and specifies otherwise.
    • Do not share game-related information anywhere but in this thread.
    • If you have died, you may make a single death post, which may not contain any game-sensitive information. Afterwards you may not post again until the game has ended.
    • Tied lynches will be decided at random via the GM's chosen method.
    • Posting during the night phase, unless otherwise specified, will result in that player's death.
    • Night actions should be sent to the appropriate GM by PokeCommunity PM.
    • Per accordance with Underground stipulations, each day phase will consist of approximately 48 hours, and each night phase 24 hours. Players will be notified by the GMs if this changes.
    • The GMs reserve the right to make changes to any aspect of game mechanics, roles, rulings, etc.
    • Praise Blarzigord Bidoof.

Players​

GreyBidoof as The Grey Bidoof
    Golgari as Barack Doofbama
    jdthebud as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Eros as ???
    Nimsy as Lovestruck Doof
    Elektra Heart as ???
    Nakuzami as Bronze Doof
    Draskk as ???
    Ullion as ???
    JohnnyMustang as ???
    Collector Elwood as ???
    Ash as ???
    Oddball_ as ???
    Davepetasprite^2 as ???
    Omicron as ???
    Lostelle as ???
    Twiggy as ???
    Wicked3DS as ???
    TheCapsFan as ???
    SuperJolt as ???
    Aiden as ???
    Gimmepie as ???

Spoiler:

GreyBidoof

Years

• Bidoof Island
    Survival of the Doofest

Day Two​
    The night was a quiet one.

Many of the bidoofs who had been awake the previous night were fast asleep, making it all the more easier for the few prudent doofs who roamed the facility.

Meanwhile, the Shinies were eager to strike again.

The valiant Batdoof had taken vigil over another of the doofs nearby, ready to protect it's kin from harm. Little did the Hero of Gotham know, it was he that needed protection.

A brilliant flash blinded the caped doofsader, revealing a stunningly muscular and perfectly-bred golden bidoof. Swiftly, the intruder beat the batdoof to death with it's powerful fists of fury. Batdoof's target didn't even seem to notice.

Lostelle, the Batdoof, is dead.​

The computer event has ended. Parties who answered correctly have notified.​

RULES​

• All PokeCommunity rules apply.
    • Players must vote to lynch a player during the day phase.
    • Players are allowed to change their votes, with their last change being counted as final.
    • Please use LYNCH [name] and bold it to confirm your vote.
    • Failure to vote for two consecutive phases will result in being kicked from the game, unless the GM is properly notified and specifies otherwise.
    • Do not share game-related information anywhere but in this thread.
    • If you have died, you may make a single death post, which may not contain any game-sensitive information. Afterwards you may not post again until the game has ended.
    • Tied lynches will be decided at random via the GM's chosen method.
    • Posting during the night phase, unless otherwise specified, will result in that player's death.
    • Night actions should be sent to the appropriate GM by PokeCommunity PM.
    • Per accordance with Underground stipulations, each day phase will consist of approximately 48 hours, and each night phase 24 hours. Players will be notified by the GMs if this changes.
    • The GMs reserve the right to make changes to any aspect of game mechanics, roles, rulings, etc.
    • Praise Blarzigord Bidoof.

Players​

GreyBidoof as The Grey Bidoof
    Golgari as Barack Doofbama
    jdthebud as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Eros as ???
    Nimsy as Lovestruck Doof
    Elektra Heart as ???
    Nakuzami as Bronze Doof
    Draskk as ???
    Ullion as ???
    JohnnyMustang as ???
    Collector Elwood as ???
    Ash as ???
    Oddball_ as ???
    Davepetasprite^2 as ???
    Omicron as ???
    Lostelle as Batdoof
    Twiggy as ???
    Wicked3DS as ???
    TheCapsFan as ???
    SuperJolt as ???
    Aiden as ???
    Gimmepie as ???

Spoiler:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Absolutely zero clues. :)

[Random] Davepetasprite^2 until further notice ;)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Failure to vote for two consecutive phases will result in being kicked from the game

[Lynch] Davepetasprite^2 Playing rand as well, nothing personal.

Back