• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bidoof's Beginner Mafia: An Intro Game [Mafia Wins!]

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I'm also not a big fan of day one abstinence, especially when relying on the cop here could result in their death, or them being hooker'd.

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
Yeah, I'll concede.

So let's say we did lynch someone today. Who would we even go for? Don't know about anyone else, but I've just got a couple of town reads, some nulls, and everything in-between. And I'm not down for forcing a case, either. There's Calzone and Neon, but that's just a shot in the dark.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
100% not trying to protect him in any way, but Neon Sword seems to fall inactive in...every gave he joins. Calzone is normally a bit more active though, so there's that.

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
Looks like calzone hasn't been online since yesterday. Don't think we can expect to see him drop by anytime soon.

Think I'll stick to abstaining. If we vote for an inactive slot with zero evidence, there's only a 29% chance we'll hit scum. Not the kinda odds I can get behind. If we get lucky, then cool. But if we don't, and end up killing a villager, then the mafia will just have an easier time of POEing our power roles and we'll be one man behind. And that's if they aren't already a power role. Not being the most cooperative guy right now, but this stance makes the most sense to me.

Years
Looks like calzone hasn't been online since yesterday. Don't think we can expect to see him drop by anytime soon.

Think I'll stick to abstaining. If we vote for an inactive slot with zero evidence, there's only a 29% chance we'll hit scum. Not the kinda odds I can get behind. If we get lucky, then cool. But if we don't, and end up killing a villager, then the mafia will just have an easier time of POEing our power roles and we'll be one man behind. And that's if they aren't already a power role. Not being the most cooperative guy right now, but this stance makes the most sense to me.

The idea isn't to assume we'll hit mafia, it's to learn something based on how the dead person flips and if we're lucky hit a mafia as a bonus.

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
Years
Note: The only reason any player would be subbed out is by request or if they don't vote two days in a row.

Mars

Lowlight
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 19, 2021
The idea isn't to assume we'll hit mafia, it's to learn something based on how the dead person flips and if we're lucky hit a mafia as a bonus.
At this point, what exactly is there to learn? Only possible candidates are two people who barely posted, so we sure as hell won't have their reads as evidence. Nothing to learn from the votes either, since the only direction I could see this heading in is a bandwagon. Maybe if the votes were more split, but that just isn't the case today. Your approach is by-the-books and generally the correct choice, but not in this specific situation.

Last edited:
Years
Well, it's about an hour before I think the phase closes, so if you're intending to make a vote, might want to start thinking. As for me, most of the posts here were made to help people understand the game, so there's not a whole lot of information to work with. I have mostly neutral feelings towards the players in this game. There is one thing that I am trying to figure out, though, and it happened at the start of the Day phase. Only one kill was made, yet there are two killing night actions. So what happened was either:

1. Either Mafia or Vig did not kill on Night Zero,
2. Mafia made a kill, and also roleblocked the Vig, or
3. Mafia made the kill, Vig chose not to kill.

Considering the overall odds at this state in the game, scenario 2 is highly unlikely. What is puzzling me is...which kill actually happened, the vig or mafia kill? Just like with everyone else, voting on an inactive member is risky unless you can reasonably rule out others. The way I see it, if some people are not going to vote, then they will be removed from the game anyway in two days, so I don't see much reason at this time to vote for Calzone or Neon Sword. So my assumption is scenario 3 at this time. So there wasn't much to get from that, but I placed it here anyway for the new players to see why some people may want to hold off on using their powers (high chance of killing an inno instead of mafia). What I haven't seen, however, was an actual response to a pressure vote made earlier in Day One. Since I have nothing else but feelings for the other players, I guess I'll have to settle for that.

[Lynch] impulse~

Last edited:
Years
It's obvious Vig didn't shoot. There is no use in pointless lynching seriously.

The idea isn't to assume we'll hit mafia, it'sto learn something based on how the dead person flips and if we're lucky hit a mafia as a bonus.

According to GP, if we don't lynch we are just waiting to be killed and like mars said if we lynch someone ( town which is highly likely) then we will be 3 town down next day phase. At the end of day it's number game.
Pressure votes are fine but going with a pointless lynch isn't. When cop dies he/she dies. It's no use for random voting. It might seems like GP have good intention for town but not to me. It seems to me he is just hoping that we corner a PR role.

I'm definitely leaning scum on gp.

If he is town ( well good, mafia isn't going to kill sus people )

Voting No one is good choice here. We can push for lynch from next day.

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

Years
Night 1
24 Hours
No one was lynched.

dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd9_zpsttn00kgb.png
YmfpHor.png
Aa75hYC.png
xbggmRl.png

VS.
dd_zpsjqytzoxu.png
dd2_zpsquaonvw4.png

DURING THE NIGHT
Each game of Mafia consists of two phases, a Day and a Night. During the Night, which we are currently in, you may not post. Some games will automatically eliminate you for posting during such phases, while others impose consequences against you.

In this game, we will follow the "night posts = elimination" rule, so direct all questions to Bidoof FTW via Private Message or Discord.

During this time, if you have a Night Action (such as the cop investigation, hooker roleblocking etc.), you may PM me your action and your target. During this time, the Mafia will also vote to kill a player by submitting a name to me through PM. Each Mafia member gets a vote in who to kill. Come Day, we may see the results of that work.

PLAYERS
As the game goes on, players will die and their roles will be revealed, any alive player will be listed as: "???". Dead players will have their role revealed in the player list. If a player's role is blue, they were part of the town, and if their role is red, they were part of the mafia.
  1. Pecilia as a Villager
  2. Easy Money Sniper as ???
  3. Impulse~ as ???
  4. Neon Sword as ???
  5. Sawsbuck as ???
  6. TailsMK4 as ???
  7. Gimmepie as ???
  8. Desinishon as ???
  9. Mars as ???
  10. Calzone407 as ???

Spoiler:

Bidoof FTW

Years
Day 2
48 Hours
Gimmepie was killed. He was the Fool.
xbggmRl.png

Impulse~ was killed. She was the Vigilante.
Aa75hYC.png

dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd4_zpshtnsjyed.png
dd9_zpsttn00kgb.png
YmfpHor.png

VS.
dd_zpsjqytzoxu.png
dd2_zpsquaonvw4.png

DURING THE DAY
You may now post!!

During the day phase players should discuss information and attempt to suss one another out. Use logic and reasoning to work out which of the players might be lying, consider who you might use your next night action on, etc.

By the end of the day phase there will be a lynch - the person who is voted for by the most amount of players will be killed.

To vote, use the formate [LYNCH] username. Or, if you decide there is no-one yet suspicious, you may vote to [LYNCH] no-one.

This vote can be changed throughout the day phase, your last vote will be the one used when deciding the final outcome.

IMPORTANT NOTES
Notice how two players died during the night. Are there any special role interactions that could have caused this?

Could there be any possible reason that players visited who they did last night? Consider these things as you enter the day.

Good luck!

PLAYERS
As the game goes on, players will die and their roles will be revealed, any alive player will be listed as: "???". Dead players will have their role revealed in the player list. If a player's role is blue, they were part of the town, and if their role is red, they were part of the mafia.
  1. Pecilia as a Villager
  2. Easy Money Sniper as ???
  3. Impulse~ as the Vigilante
  4. Neon Sword as ???
  5. Sawsbuck as ???
  6. TailsMK4 as ???
  7. Gimmepie as the Fool
  8. Desinishon as ???
  9. Mars as ???
  10. Calzone407 as ???

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 23, 2019
The mafia must've shot the vigilante, and the vigilante shot the fool. At least we took an anti town in the fool.

Back