• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Biggest hopes and fears with DP Remakes

bobandbill

one more time
Years
What are your biggest hopes and fears for the Sinnoh remakes?

For me - I hope the game comes with the Platinum improvements (fast surf speed, better pokemon distribution, Looker, etc). I hope the Underground has the secret bases and mining minigame. And please, devs - BATTLE. FRONTIER.

Fears - uhh, well, no Battle Fronter, haha. Also limited dex would be disappointing.

Bonus - might make a Daily article out of responses to this. :B

Lysander

girl power ftw
Years
Hopes: Battle Frontier, Distortion World, improved versions of Underground and Contests

Fears: "The Battle Frontier Project Has Started", Two Fire Types, Flint using the same team from the originals

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • he/him
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Hopes:
  • Platinum dex. Self explanatory - for one, there'd be a lot more fire-types than in the original dex.
  • Untouched Cynthia. By this I mean that Cynthia won't be nerfed, and that she'll be as difficult as she was in the originals.
  • Wifi Underground. The Sinnoh Underground was great, all it really needs is to enable players to visit each other through wifi.

Fears:
  • No Battle Frontier
  • Nerfed Mt.Coronet. As in all semblance of exploration is taken out for the sake of making it easier to traverse.

Years
I'm also worried about the Battle Frontier and whether it'll make it. Would love to see it, but not entirely hopeful.

Really hoping the remixes will do these games justice too - Sinnoh had some awesome music and I want it to stay awesome. ❤️

Catto

♫•*¨*•.¸¸♪ ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Years
My hopes: being faithful to the originals.
My fears: being WAY too faithful to the originals.

There's no win ><

Years
Hopes: more expansive post game, Underground revival
Fears: HMs return, Ponyta is once again the only wild Fire type

Years
i'll join the "lack of battle frontier" crowd as far as fears go. at this point though, i've come to accept that it'll never come back again and i'll live with a decent enough battle facility that isn't another battle tree. my other fear is a lack of a good post-game in general. given that this is dp being remade and not plat, one has to wonder what's going to happen to the distortion world.

hopes are for the underground to return, and hopefully have it so that you can do the underground with online friends. and for shaymin to hopefully be in the game. :c

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I hope they use the Platinum dex, for one thing, I really want that to happen since Sinnoh's Pokedex was godawful, and I do not want to live through that again. I also hope there's no HMs in this game because I really do not want to waste move slots again. :|

My fear is...that this will literally just be Sinnoh, but HD with no real changes or improvements to the originals, because it's possible that could happen. Also that we get the D/p sinnoh Pokedex, I just don't want that. I don't want to see Candice have a freaking Medicham on her team nor do I want to see Volkner with an Octillery and Ambipom, I'd actually be angry if this were the case.

Years
I hope that Masuda won't have much influence on the games and new studio just won't make DP, but easy and soulless.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
Years
  • Age 24
  • She / They
  • Seen Apr 30, 2024
Hope it's not too Lets Go-like in terms of moves and Pokémon existent. Also hope they use the Platinum Dex with a bit of more stuff added.

Would also be nice if whatever thing happens in Legends: Arceus would be somewhat referenced in the games.

Also hope they don't give a stupidly lame excuse for not bringing back the Battle Frontier like they did in ORAS, in case they don't bring it back.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Mega Evolutions is a big hope on returning, especially Mega Starters. Apparently there has been pretty big indicators that they might be returning, especially from Pokemon Shopper, but that could be for the anime as well.

But I really want something special for the starters. Empoleon is my favorite pokemon of all time, so it is kinda said that it may never get anything special.

Years
Hoping these will come back in BDSP:
-National dex or Platinum dex at least
-Wi-Fi Plaza
-Mega evolution
-Contests
-Battle Frontier
-Distortion World
-All puzzles in general

If any of these don't come back then I'll be disappointed.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
hopes are for the underground to return, and hopefully have it so that you can do the underground with online friends.
There was a brief moment in the reveal trailer that showed the Underground, so that is returning

Just more a question of what they're going to do with it exactly

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 29, 2021
Watching the trailer again made me realize that we don't see any character customizations for the game. Which would put this under Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee with that. One of the few highlights of the most recent Pokemon outings for me was character customization.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
Years
Hopes: Return of mega evolution. Yes, and the platinum upgrades too. Underground to return, Battle Frontier, more content with relation to Team Galactic.

Fear: 1) That Mindy still trading over her Casper (Haunter) with an everstone >:(
2) Literally no improvements/changes being made except graphics.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Hopes: Return of mega evolution. Yes, and the platinum upgrades too. Underground to return, Battle Frontier, more content with relation to Team Galactic.

Fear: 1) That Mindy still trading over her Casper (Haunter) with an everstone >:(
2) Literally no improvements/changes being made except graphics.

since game freak isn't developing this i'm sure the mindy troll will still do that, sadly

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • she/her, they/them
  • Seen yesterday
Watching the trailer again made me realize that we don't see any character customizations for the game. Which would put this under Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee with that. One of the few highlights of the most recent Pokemon outings for me was character customization.
Yeah, I would've liked there to be character customization too. But I knew long before BDSP was announced that it wouldn't make it in. ORAS didn't have it either, despite being in the same generation as the debut of customization. Gen 5 remakes will most likely not have it either.

It'd probably be difficult to make work anyway given the choice in graphical style, what with the super chibi overworld models+said chibi models not being used in battles.

Years
  • Age 41
  • Seen Nov 2, 2022
Hopes:
Different forms in hidden part of Sinnoh not explored in previous game.. could be more Shellos forms if we need to not go too far, but I would love Sinnoh forms of something else.
More side stories with interesting characters like ghost girl.
Megas... just not Luxray.. it is perfect the way it is

Fears:
Mega Luxray.. please dont ruin it!

Back