• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Biggest hopes and fears with DP Remakes

ninestarryskies

Olivine City Outskirts Resident
Years
I'd really really love to see some new Sinnoh forme Pokemon, since this game could be set in the Mega universe and not the original one. New Megas would be extremely welcomed as well, since they did put a bit of an expiration date on Dynamaxing by saying it only happens in Galar. I can see them coming up with an excuse for it to work in Sinnoh too but I feel like that would be too much honestly. It's a neat gimmick, but i prefer mega evo.

Years
My biggest hopes for new sinnoh is not only will it have the additions brought by platinum (distortion world, battle frontier), but it'll build off of it too. Some of my favourite parts of the previous remakes have been the additional content, the sevii islands in FRLG, the space mission in ASOR, etc.

My biggest fear is that they'll either try and sell us the exact same game we had before, but with slightly cleaner graphics, or that they'll half ass the additional content like having a single battle tower instead of a frontier, or making the distortion world a big corridor like the mines in Galar.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Best case scenario:
- The games are basically like Platinum, but with DP's version exclusives.
- More than just 210 creatures. Yeah, I actually won't mind if they kept it, but it would be much better to have more variety.
- The ruins are removed in favour of a path that leads to more of the region. Yes, I mentioned it in another thread, and that kind of made me feel it would happen.

Worst case scenario:
- Basically the exact same thing as DP.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I hope they bring back Mega Evolution for these games and give the final forms of the starters a mega evolution. Since this is a remake of Gen 4, also hoping contests make a comeback. Who knows, they could even bring back cosplay Pikachu.

Lady Bisharp

Blue noodle enthusiast
Years
My hopes: being faithful to the originals.
My fears: being WAY too faithful to the originals.

There's no win ><
And this is literally why I wish it was a Platinum remake and not a D/P one :|

Anyway, I do fear for the loss of the Distortion World and the Battle Frontier like others have said, but I'm also really hoping that Dynamax won't be in these games, like... at all. I don't wanna have to see that gimmick outside of Showdown randbats ever again.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2022
Even though they are remakes of diamond and pearl, and not platinum I would love a return to the distortion world. Additioanlly, Im relaly looking forward to what they do with the underground.

My biggest fear is that not enough will be changed from the original. I've played diamond, pearl, and platinum a ton because they are my favorite games in the series but ive played them enough to want some changed. Like how oras added the flying sections and the portals, frlg added the sevii islands, and hgss added pokemon following you and the pokeathalon. There will most likely be changes made, but can't help but be nervous.

pkmin3033

I'm not overly concerned with these - considering the games ILCA has been involved with in the past I have more confidence in them than Game Freak - but I suppose if I had to name two things, it'd be that Masuda's involvement would overrule any creative vision the developers may have to make these more than just straight remakes of the original games, and that the online functionality will take queues from Sword and Shield and be generally poor quality and use a stupid, unreliable password system.

Just...go away, Masuda. You've made some brilliant games, but you've also ruined several generations' worth by now and there is a reason Game Freak aren't managing these. So stop. Don't sabotage these games, please.

Years
Please, just add a way to transfer ALL the 'mons from ALL the gens into BDSP and you got a buyer. That's my ONLY hope. I'll say it a million times til the game comes out to prove my point. I don't want to pay for stupid home, I need a physical game to hold ALL my previously captured 'mons. Thank you.

Years
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Hopes: Triple and Rotation Battles, Full pokédex, Full movelist, Mega evolutions.

Fears: Limited pokédex, Gigantamax

Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I know it probably won't happen, but for some reason I imagined them doing a "real throwback" and making the pace really slow like the original diamond/pearl.

Years
I fear remakes don't have all the content, features and what not, Platinum had. Also Mega Evolutions. I really hope they return for the remakes.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
My fear is that here won't be enough changes... and that the platinum improvements will not all be implemented.

Years
One of my biggest fears is that they'll add content reminiscent of many mobile games. On the contrary one of my biggest hopes is that they'll flesh out the storyline and give it more of a backbone.

Years
Hopes:
Improvements to the Underground, such as online features.
Compatibility with extra Pokémon beyond the first 493. Whether they have Pokédex entries concerns me not.
Some extra content, post-game.

Fears:
The remakes end up being so faithful, they don't bother to add anything new at all.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Let's hope that the whole deal of this being too true of a remake is never the case. Here's hoping these remakes actually have some variety.

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Feb 17, 2024
Hopes:
I would actually love if I could transfer all my pokemon this time.
I think including extra pokemon from future generations into the Sinnoh dex will make the game refreshing and fun to come back to.
Every feature that was in the original, no more "the battle frontier project has started" stuff.

Fears:
not having most of the hopes from above tbh. I think gen 4 was pretty perfect for pokemon standards.

Years
Hope (or dreams)
- Good difficulty
- No hand holding
- Cyrus and Cynthia are still a threat
- No pokemon injustified nerf
- Maybe even improvement on the animations or the colors? Tho since they use the same animation since X&Y it's a fever dream to that point

Fears
- Shiny lock of the legendaries (groudon and Kyogre were shiny lock in ORAS, big shame)
- or even shiny lock of the starter as it was the case in gen8
- Way too easy to grind, making all the gyms a joke
- No Looker side story
- Starly still not shiny lock somehow (I mean those at the first battle, not starly in general)
- Barry, just Barry. The return of my sleep paralysis demon that make me on debt since I've encountered him.

Years
hopes: getting a special giratina or arceus event like delta episode in oras. Visiting distortion world
fears: cut pokedex, no mega/z moves/dynamax, no battle frontier but it's k if they leave just battle tower, exactly same story (at this point is more of a remaster than a remake...),

Back