• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bye bye, beautiful friend...

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Okay, maybe the thread title's a little extreme. But this is a relatively random question.

Do you delete friends from your contacts that you haven't talked to in a long time? This can be on PC, or on other sites like Facebook and the like.

If you do, does it make you sad? And if not, why?

Enjoy!

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    No, I don't the reason for this is that I find it rude to do so because they took the time to send the request, so I'd find it mean to delete them.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • No, I don't the reason for this is that I find it rude to do so because they took the time to send the request, so I'd find it mean to delete them.

Even if they haven't talked in a long time? And by long, I mean months, maybe even a year or so. Or if they aren't active?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I'd done that recently actually.. deleted a few people off my MSN I haven't spoken to in about 5 years.. they just stopped going on IM clients.. I guess life gets busy and they dont care for MSN anymore but it did feel a bit sad..

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • I purged my friends list, MSN, and Skype of people I no longer talk to this past week. I had like 12 friends on here but only ever talked to maybe 2? I'm all for meeting people and chatting with people and whatnot but I don't like having people there just for the sake of it. Seems silly.

Same with MSN. I had like 40 contacts I'd not talked to in over a year, so I got rid of them.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I don't really go to any social networking sites except for Facebook, and when I'm there it's usually just to check for notifications or accept friend requests, so I don't think I've ever deleted anyone from my friend list on there. I have quite a few people on MSN and Skype that I don't talk to much anymore, though I'm keeping them to if something came up, or if I just wanted to talk to them again.

Here on PC I clean up in my friend list every once in a while by deleting those I don't talk to who haven't been a good friend of mine, so usually just the ones who have sent random friend requests. Otherwise, I tend to keep people on it as I don't want to be rude.

Tetrakeet

Lilligant's Caretaker
    Years
  • I only delete people that randomly friend me and never say a word (as in never once spoken to me, ever). I don't feel bad though, it's hard to be friends with someone who never has once talked to me or replied to a PM/VM. ^^;

I don't use Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Skype, MSN, etc. though.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • No, I don't see any interest in deleting them. One day I may want to talk to them again, and I don't want to forget people, even if I haven't spoken with them in a long time.
    Sometimes on Facebook, I delete the people that I don't know at all but accepted in the past I don't why, but that's all. And anyway, even if I just know some people just by sight, from my high school for example, I keep them. After all, one day I could find interesting things on their profile, who knows?

Ayselipera

If we don't talk anymore or if I don't care what they have to say on a site such as Twitter, then yes I'll delete them and no it's not sad.

Years
  • I do this on Facebook rather often.
    I don't see the point in having loads of friends on there that I don't talk to and have no interest in what they say.​

Broken_Arrow

Paper Plane
    Years
  • nope,i don't remove people from my contacts,tbh i feel hard doing that..i only do that if the friend did something bad to me...even my banned friends in other forums i keep em in my contacts...other than that i leave people remove me cuz i know when they do so how much they value me.

i wouldn't care much about people who don't care about me...only if they are in real danger.

why?
    because i love my friends so much ^^

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't like deleting people cause it makes me feel mean really. On PC, I delete banned members or members that talked to me once and never talked to me again though, or if I look at their username and just can't remember who they are. Then yeah, they're gone, lol.

As for Facebook, it's even more of the "I don't wanna be mean" thing, but I have deleted a girl from there because he statuses were just...sickening, disturbing, and disrespectful. idk, I don't like it when people swear on Facebook cause it just seems more family oriented? And I just find it unpleasant to sign on and see some girl saying how she wishes some guy's f-bombing dick will fall off and they'll choke and UGH. I actually took a picture of one of that girl's statuses. It's just...ugh why would you even...

I never delete contacts from MSN, btw. I should though. Some people switched accounts or I just don't talk to them anymore. Or they annoy the piss out of me. LIKE THIS ONE GUY that I actually DID delete but didn't block before doing so. So sometimes I get IMs from him and I'm like omg go away.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Well... that's complicated. On forums and stuff, if the person is banned or said they've left the site, I unfriend them because there's no sense in keeping a banned member in your friends list and if the person that left comes back, it's easy to track them down on the site once more, haha. But on Facebook and stuff, that kind of thing comes tracking you so I prefer not to spur unnecessary drama by unfriending anyone.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't like my PC friends list having more than 35 alumni in its ranks, I feel that's a fair representation of the people I have befriended in my four or so years here. I don't see why it's sad to prune people, they're not a part of my online life anymore, so why not get rid of them? Every three months or so I go prune anyone who hasn't talked to me for quite some time or who I feel have annoyed me as of late. In fact, I got rid of a couple of people yesterday, because their squatting in my sanctuary of friends and lovers was unwelcome. However, there are some people in my friends list who I will not get rid of, whether it just be for ceremonial value or because I love them to bits. If it gets to the point where I'll have to go over 35 members in order to keep some of my ceremonial friendships and my longer-lasting friendships, then so be it. I really don't want to, though. But yeah, I reiterate my question of earlier, how is it sad? Sure, it's 'letting go', but this point you've already 'moved on', haven't you?
    As for Facebook, I don't think I've ever had a pruning session ever, lol. I barely go on it as it is, let alone spending time pruning the 100 or so friends I have on it anyway. There are people on my Facebook who I cannot stand nowadays, for those friendships were severed ages ago, but I can't be bothered logging on to solely to wipe them off.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
    Years
  • No, i don't delete people. I probably should though. Not because they don't talk to me anymore, but because they talk to me TOO MUCH! XD

Years
  • I don't delete people. Mostly out of laziness though. Always the laziness. :p

I've only pruned a few people from my PC friends list, and that was because they were banned.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm the same as sammi, I don't bother deleting anybody on any site and it's out of sheer laziness lol. I never go and clean out contact lists - I'd only ever do it if somebody had really pissed me off and I didn't want to see their face anymore.

Anyway though, this is insanely late because I've had a busy few days but this doesn't actually go here xD. It's about websites and the Internet, so it belongs in Life, The Universe and Everything. So, moving it on over!

Years
  • I only delete friends who are banned. Maybe even ones who leave the forum.

However, I don't delete those who don't talk to me often.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • What? No, unless they are total butts.

Why should I? I'm lazy and that would make me do stuff like clicking. And thinking.

Though I'm planning from now on to prune permanently banned users from my PC friend's list. Why? I have no clue, I just resolved to do that a couple days ago.

Back