• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Catching Legendaries

JADEN213

The Pokemon Trader and Give-r.
Years
  • Well i finished the game but havent caught all the pokemon yet. I am currently catching all the obtainable legitmate pokemon you can get in Omega Ruby
    Catching Legendaries
    is what i currently have. Anyone else catching legendary pokemon lately?

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Yup, I haven't beat the Elite Four yet, but I'm on my hunt. So far I have Kyogre, Thundurus, Zekrom, Azelf, Lugia, Cobalion, and Terrakion.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • It's been a while since I caught a legendary without a Master Ball. I was pleasantly surprised that I caught Mesprit in 11 turns and used a Dusk Ball. I want to catch a shiny Zekrom/Cresselia at some point without using my Master Ball.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Candela's Legendary Hunt Journal
    Spoiler:

I've been posting these in the ORAS Travel Journal in case anyone wants to know.

Aka. this is practically what I've been doing the past few days. I've noticed the Legendaries are easier to catch in ORAS (I mean I caught 6 of my legendaries in 1x multiplier balls).

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • I managed to catch almost all of the legendaries (except Cressalia) in my Alpha Sapphire with matching poke ball types:

Kyogre - Great ball
    Rayquaza - Nest ball
    Deoxys - repeat ball
    Regirock - dusk ball
    Regice - dive ball
    Regsteel - ultra ball
    Regigigas - timer ball
    Dialga - timer ball
    Giratina - timer ball
    Uxie - ultra ball
    Mespirit - heal ball
    Azelf - great ball
    Suicine - master ball (originally wanted to catch it using dive ball but ran out)
    Raikou - ultra ball
    Entei -poke ball
    Lugia - dive ball
    Heatran - dusk ball (originally wanted to catch it using pokeball but ran out)
    Zekrom - luxury ball
    Kyurem - dive ball
    Cobalion - ultra ball
    Terrakion - dusk ball
    Virizion - nest ball
    Thundurus - luxury ball
    Landorus - luxury ball

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
  • Aka. this is practically what I've been doing the past few days. I've noticed the Legendaries are easier to catch in ORAS (I mean I caught 6 of my legendaries in 1x multiplier balls).
    Rayquaza's catch rate has definitely been increased to Yveltal-like levels. Groudon and Kyogre's catch rates may have also icreased by a little, but I'm not sure. I've seen videos of people catching them at full health, but that's certainly not how it worked out for me. The rest of them seem to be the same, though I did manage to catch Ho-oh with a Repeat Ball of all things.

Frostinite

PrettyFrosty
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Is it just me or do these Legendary battles seem far to easy? and ... lacking.
    Sure! there are lots of em! and making a special cut scene for each one would make the post game ridiculous but it just doesn't feel right catching Reshiram/Zekrom or Lugia/Ho-hO with such an Under-dramatic setting?

Am i the only one bothered by this?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Rayquaza's catch rate has definitely been increased to Yveltal-like levels. Groudon and Kyogre's catch rates may have also icreased by a little, but I'm not sure. I've seen videos of people catching them at full health, but that's certainly not how it worked out for me. The rest of them seem to be the same, though I did manage to catch Ho-oh with a Repeat Ball of all things.

You have to start questioning things when you caught a Giratina in 5 Luxury Balls. Or a Ho-Oh in 4 Pokeballs. I swear the legendaries at Kalos took longer than 30 Ultra Balls, so the thought of catching them in less than 5 1x multiplier ball is astounding.

Rayquaza gave me a better fight than them imo. Or maybe I'm just lucky right now? Dunno, haven't caught the musketeers, the pixies, the regis and Cresselia though, so this lucky streak might end soon.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • I did find myself questioning if catching Legendary Pokemon has become easier yesterday when it took me two Dive Balls to catch Lugia. Then I realized that it had not become easier when it took me thirty one Ultra Balls to catch Thundurus. I still need to catch the Regis, the Lake trio, the Swords of Justice, Cresselia, and Dialga for the ones I can obtain in Alpha Sapphire.

JADEN213

The Pokemon Trader and Give-r.
    Years
  • I did find myself questioning if catching Legendary Pokemon has become easier yesterday when it took me two Dive Balls to catch Lugia. Then I realized that it had not become easier when it took me thirty one Ultra Balls to catch Thundurus. I still need to catch the Regis, the Lake trio, the Swords of Justice, Cresselia, and Dialga for the ones I can obtain in Alpha Sapphire.
    It took like 10-15 ultra balls to get one of the regis, after what happened i started using timer balls.

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • Yeah, I have noticed it being easier to catch legendaries, though maybe that's due to the fact that we have so many more to catch on this game. Some people may not want to be spending an hour on each legend this time around. I think XY and ORAS have been designed to make stuff like completing the Pokedex easier to make competitive play and shiny breeding more accessible to players.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I've been catching all the legendaries within at most 20 turns with all ultra balls.
    Heck, I managed to catch Deoxys full health with the first ball I threw!

And honestly, I feel like the legendaries aren't as special anymore when I see them popping out of the same generic portals. It takes part of the fun out of hunting for them that you don't get to at least see them before you battle them. It makes the development all feel a bit rushed.

Years
  • Well so far I have the entire musketeer trio and Mesprit. I tried to get Reshiram on Friday but I couldn't get one with the IVs I wanted, so i'll come back to it when I have more free time. Same with Ho-Oh a little while back.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    So far the legendaries I have are (FYI the version I have is Alpha Sapphire) :
    Kyogre
    All four Regi Golems
    Rayquaza
    Lugia
    Heatran
    Latias and Latios
    Mesprit
    Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion
    Zekrom
    Raikou, Entei, and Suicune
    Thundurus

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • So far I have caught:

Groudon, Latios, Rayquaza, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Palkia, Ho-oh, Heatran, Tornadus and Deoxys.

Lucky for me I have all caught them in Pokeballs except for Deoxys which I deliberately used my master ball on. :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I'm not going to include the legends we get during the game's story (including Delta Episode).

So far, I've caught Mesprit, Tornadus and Ho-oh. Took me a while to catch 'em 'cause I kept soft resetting for better IVs and proper nature (since Synchronize only works 50% of the time, as far as I've heard). Tornadus had sucky IVs 'cause I got bored of catching him. xD

I'm currently in the process of catching Latias. Soft resetted a few times already 'cause I couldn't get better IVs for it (it hurts when I got that Modest one with the IV spred of 31/2/28/1/31/31 and HAD to soft reset;_; )...

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Well I can now add Verizion and Uxie to my caught Legendary Pokemon list. I also forgot to add Diancie to that list as well. (Yes, I do have an event Legendary on that list). I realize that I forgot add the Legendary beasts to my to be caught list.

So here is my current lists for Legendary Pokemon I have caught or not yet:
    Caught:
    Diancie
    Latias
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Deoxys
    Heatran
    Zekrom
    Lugia
    Thundurus
    Verizion