• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Catching Legendaries

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
    I'm moving slowly but surely on Alpha Sapphire. So far I've captured Kyogre and Ray Ray. -_- But hey, on important games like these, I like to take my time and make sure I don't miss any important events, any items, and that my Pokémon are perfectly up to date, level wise.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
    I go Azelf the other day. Encountered Cobalion but got too bored to actually catch it, so I didn't. Will probably hunt for all of them once I am done with the Elite Four.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I haven't caught that many on my AS yet (I seriously lack the motivation atm) but the ones I have caught were disappointingly easy. I mean, Rayquaza you HAVE to catch, but when my ultra ball only rolled once before clicking shut, I was amazed. I remember a six hour coach ride, several resets and over 300 Ultraballs (in total thrown) to catch Regirock, but now, it's not even taking 50. And the animation for the legendaries coming from Portals is also a bit... lacking. I mean, Lugia dropping from a hole into a disappointingly lack-lustre stage is anything but inspiring. But hey, they wanted every Pokémon to be catchable between X/Y and OR/AS. So they had to find some way of getting all these legendaries on one stage.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I haven't caught that many on my AS yet (I seriously lack the motivation atm) but the ones I have caught were disappointingly easy. I mean, Rayquaza you HAVE to catch, but when my ultra ball only rolled once before clicking shut, I was amazed. I remember a six hour coach ride, several resets and over 300 Ultraballs (in total thrown) to catch Regirock, but now, it's not even taking 50. And the animation for the legendaries coming from Portals is also a bit... lacking. I mean, Lugia dropping from a hole into a disappointingly lack-lustre stage is anything but inspiring. But hey, they wanted every Pokémon to be catchable between X/Y and OR/AS. So they had to find some way of getting all these legendaries on one stage.
    They still have a few who are not catchable. Celebi, Jirachi, Manaphy, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Keldeo (it lived with the others in the movie, why exclusive?), Meloetta, and Genesect come to mind, but they are all among the Mythical category and thus will likely be Event exclusive (and there are Victini, Keldeo, and Jirachi events out). Everything normally catchable and in the Legendary category is available.

The reason they made everything catchable is simple: the hexagon. That thing that confirms it was found in Gen. VI. Some use that as a Bible to whether the Pokémon is legit. or not; if it's not from Gen. VI, it's not allowed or wanted in cases. In others, if someone wants a certain Transfer move, they know one with a hexagon can't have the Transfer move and is hacked.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    It's a hexagon? I thought it was a pentagon XD

But I didn't realise people based their opinions of a Pokémon so heavily on if it was caught in Gen VI or not. And yes, now you mention it I realise those Pokémon are event exclusive still, which seems a tad unfair as the only Pokémon uncatchable in either set of games I had was Darkrai (And I lost that when all my DS games were lost, presumably stolen since I haven't found them).

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I've been lazy with AS recently so I haven't been able to train up a Pokemon to level 100 since I don't have Zekrom yet. Apart from that I need to get all the pokemon that need their other version exclusives like Kyurem, Landorus and Giratina which I'll probably get sometime this week.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    So far I only have - Alpha Sapphire completed Delta episode have National Dex - Latios (I think it's the right one), Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Deoxys

Then again not interested yet in catching the others, mainly since Mew (it's the main legendary I would love to have and not been able to obtain) isn't in the game and most other legendary don't catch my attention, sorry to the legendary fans, I just don't like them (based on their design).

Years
    I currently shiny hunting my Eon Ticket Latios and after that I'll go after the 4 Regi's and a Shiny Cresselia. Have every other Legendary caught, all non-shiny though

Years
    I haven't gotten to the point where you catch legendaries on my current save files, but when I did go on a legendary catching spree on Alpha Sapphire, I caught Suicune, Lugia, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Latias, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Cobalion, Terrakion, and Virizion.

Years
    As of this typing, the ones in Omega Ruby that I still have yet to get consist of Heatran, Giratina, Kyurem (which I can get since I migrated a Zekrom from White), and Cresselia. If I end up feeling really, REALLY daring I might go for a shiny Kyurem... Dx After I get the Shiny Charm, of course.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Interesting thing I came across while hunting for the Regi Trio, looking online, asking on message boards and Facebook groups for help everyone just tells you how to get the trio and the requirements and all this other stuff and all I kept asking for was information on how to start the quest, but almost instinctively everyone just tells you all the requirements and everywhere you have to go because I guess it's so ingrained not to have to look for anything but rather just google the answer that no one really tries anymore, but in the first chamber it actually gives you the entire alphabet (which NO WHERE online anyone ever mentioned, no online strategy guides, not answers on pokemon boards, all anyone ever says is "Get this pokemon and that pokemon and put them in this order and do this" but figuring out the alphabet was actually in that first chamber actually makes this whole quest WAY more fun than just being told what to do. (like, rather searching for a pokemon instead of just being handed one by one of your friends) I wish someone would have mentioned that, cause it makes it SO much better to know how to solve the puzzle in game rather than just be told how.

Years
    So after I beat Alpha Sapphire on Friday, I decided to do a mad dash for the legendaries in that game, most notably the ones that are version exclusives, before I wipe it. I've been keeping a checklist of the ones I haven't already got, and I still have yet to get Landorus, Dialga (who i'm gonna get next) and Giratina before I wipe the save I have. I got Thundurus and Lugia today, so those two are taken care of. I won't get all of them, at least not the ones I don't care for enough.

I also got Cresselia in Omega Ruby the other day, which is good because Crescent Isle can be really rare.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    It took me a bit to have someone help me trade the other version's Legendaries so I could catch Giratina, Kyurem, Landorus, etc, but I done it. Thank GOODNESS that there was some challenge in actually trying to catch them this time around; honestly haven't had to soft reset my game to catch a legendary since White.

Years
    I also got Cresselia in Omega Ruby the other day, which is good because Crescent Isle can be really rare.

It was only like yesterday that I caught Cresselia on Alpha Sapphire, and it didn't even go too rough on me when I was throwing Timer Balls like crazy, and it was a successful capture after what was 2 Ultra Balls and 4 Timer Balls.

I did a combination of Thunder Wave + False Swipe before getting my Gardevoir to sponge any hits if it was attacking me.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    I managed to catch several Legendaries, except for Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Cresselia, Thundurus, Landorus, Kyurem, Dialga and Giratina, so far. I have been catching most of them with the help of Capture O-Power Lv. 3, my Breloom's False Swipe and Spore combinations, and mainly used Ultra Balls for the catch.

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I've yet to catch Heatran and Regigigas in my OR game. I'm going to try to catch and SR Heatran for better nature and IVs, but I'm not gonna catch Regigigas, because, I don't like its requirement of needing to rename my Regice. -,-

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I've yet to catch Heatran and Regigigas in my OR game. I'm going to try to catch and SR Heatran for better nature and IVs, but I'm not gonna catch Regigigas, because, I don't like its requirement of needing to rename my Regice. -,-

Make sure you have a Synchronize pokemon. And why do you not want to rename Regice? You can change it back afterwards, and it actually counts as it's original name. (I know because I thought I could trick the system by naming my pokemon Regice, but it wouldn't activate the battle, so I HAD to rename it to anything else and the event finally triggered, so naming it Regice and not naming it at all counts as exactly the same thing in the game)

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Make sure you have a Synchronize pokemon. And why do you not want to rename Regice? You can change it back afterwards, and it actually counts as it's original name. (I know because I thought I could trick the system by naming my pokemon Regice, but it wouldn't activate the battle, so I HAD to rename it to anything else and the event finally triggered, so naming it Regice and not naming it at all counts as exactly the same thing in the game)

I am aware of Synchronise. :3 I actually have a lot of Synchronise Ralts with different natures. xD And about the "not renaming Regice", well, blame my laziness. I'm too lazy to rename my Regice and then rename it back. :P
    (and I already have a Regigigas anyway, so...)

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    I have plans to resume the Legendary hunt. I will use a Blissey secret base boss to get myself leveled up fast, then I'll try False Swipe combined with a Shiny hunt. Cresselia will be the difficult one; I have yet to get the island, AFAIK.

Years
    I don't really spend much time hunting legendaries. I'll catch them if they're cool and I like them, like for example in DPPt I caught Azelf and Uxie, but not Mesprit because I didn't like its design as much.

Back