• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Not much, myrrh, just chilling, enjoying some challenges and hating myself for not backing up my save, lol. And yeah, mamma birdy is orange now, so that's cool.

What have you been up to? Been a while since you were here.

Oh yeah and I got a name change.

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Oh wait you're Necrum lol. Geez everyone is getting name changes lol.

I've been pretty busy with other things. I coach my college's fencing team, work 30 hours a week, help manage our cabin that our family owns, go to class part time, and I've been playing other games that I haven't gotten a chance to play. Atm I've been hitting Banished and Batman: Arkham Asylum pretty hard lol. But, I missed you guys, so I popped my head in to see how everyone was doing.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I gotta transfer like 300 Pokemon from my Heart Gold to Pokemon Black so I can start doing challenges on it ;~;

Gonna be such a pain! xD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    I had an idea for challenges, which I realized after working on my new club. Maybe we should have a system similar to Pokemon Clubs where you can reserve the right to make a certain challenge. I know sometimes when a challenge dies or a cool new idea pops up, several people want it, but sometimes they can be sniped by other people who happened by and decided to do it. I think it would help make things fair.

It wouldn't be difficult and could probably be integrated to the DCC. Also would give the mod a chance to see some of what's coming and possibly give reminders of things that are commonly missed in new threads. Someone just needs to post "I'd like to reserve for a [Insert descriptor here] Challenge," maybe give just a brief description, which could actually help with the challenges index too, and then you give them like a week to make the thread before it's fair game again.

It was just an idea. Oh, you could integrate it with the Index thread instead of DCC too, that would probably work better haha.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I like that idea, and maybe give a time limit not short enough and not long enough so that the person won't be forced to rush the challenge and saying I'll do this challenge blablabla, then goes on a hiatus for over 3 months, lmao.

I support that idea :)

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    I want to run a Pokemon Turtles challenge:

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    That would be cool. You may want to include some other characters though, like Master Splinter as Raticate and Weavile for Shredder. And obviously there are many more villains to work with.
    Sorry, my previous post was a little lazy. I did think of using Raticate for Master Splinter.

Shredder was going to be Bisharp though :)

EDIT: Trainer name could be April ;)

MORE EDIT: Could also use Emboar for Bebop, and Rocksteady could be Ryhorn.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Sorry, my previous post was a little lazy. I did think of using Raticate for Master Splinter.

Shredder was going to be Bisharp though :)

EDIT: Trainer name could be April ;)

MORE EDIT: Could also use Emboar for Bebop, and Rocksteady could be Ryhorn.
    Generally it's best to leave the trainer name up to the player, since it doesn't really effect the challenge itself.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Give the turtle Pokemon certain requirements relevant to the turtle from the show they represent.

Also, I was thinking about that when you linked me to that thread as well, Necrum. I don't want a separate thread for it, so now the question is whether to integrate it into here or the index. Btw the index is on hold for a bit since I got caught up in other stuff, but it is coming so never fear. ATM thinking the reservation thing could be with the index. The second post in the thread would be a list of reservations. Reserve through PM rather than clutter the thread IMO (cause that stuff can get lost in the mix) but I mean I'm just vomiting ideas.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I liek Syd's idea. The thread would become another chat like this one if we start talking about what challenge to make then someone would talk about making some slight changs to it yada yada yada.

It could be a locked thread y'know? Just to show what challenges are being made at the moment and giving that person some time to make it, if it's not made by that time then someone else could start their idea on that challenge.

Iunno if I just made sense there, I'm very very horrible at explaining things :C

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Well I suddenly feel less proud of myself now that I know you had the same idea already...

Anyway, PMs would work, I mean I kinda like the thread system but either way would work. I think making it part of the index is definitely the best place for it.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
    Well I suddenly feel less proud of myself now that I know you had the same idea already...

Anyway, PMs would work, I mean I kinda like the thread system but either way would work. I think making it part of the index is definitely the best place for it.
    "There is nothing new under the Sun" :) also "Great minds think alike"

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Hmmmm, my undereleveled run of the event challenge makes me think about the possibility of an Underleveled Challenge where you have to have your team a certain number of levels under each Gym leader, like 3 for the first gym leader, 5 for the second and third, and then maybe 10 for the other 5 leaders and Elite 4.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years

Don't! I'm glad you brought it up here really, because I might have forgotten unless you poked me about it in the nest. Plus, we got input from others as well. Thanks. :)

Also LilJz, the index will be locked, just like the Unapproved Challenges thread. But instead of a new post for the reservations, they'll just go in the second post so it will get edited (unless I or the next mod decides that's not working well, but since it's mainly an index thread I'd like to keep it one page lol). Since reservations will go by PM, which idk about y'all but I do reports first then PMs, I can't miss it. Anyone that does it wrong will be ignored, mean as that sounds. :(

We'll get the ball rolling next week hopefully. 8) Sit tight! Get some reservation ideas lmao. I've already got one in mind.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years

Don't! I'm glad you brought it up here really, because I might have forgotten unless you poked me about it in the nest. Plus, we got input from others as well. Thanks. :)

Also LilJz, the index will be locked, just like the Unapproved Challenges thread. But instead of a new post for the reservations, they'll just go in the second post so it will get edited (unless I or the next mod decides that's not working well, but since it's mainly an index thread I'd like to keep it one page lol). Since reservations will go by PM, which idk about y'all but I do reports first then PMs, I can't miss it. Anyone that does it wrong will be ignored, mean as that sounds. :(

We'll get the ball rolling next week hopefully. 8) Sit tight! Get some reservation ideas lmao. I've already got one in mind.
    Thanks, I suppose you're right.

I think I know what challenge you're talking about ;)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Here reads the scrolling intro to Challenge Wars Episode IV:

"The evolution of SYDIAN THE ALTARIA into JAK THE SHINY ALTARIA has brought with it an even higher stat in Awesomeness, as she works ever tirelessly to improve the PokeCommunity Galaxy's CHALLENGE REALM. Swablus across the galaxy flock to Jak's wings on her home world of ALABAMA to bestow their adoration..."

Feel free to add more paragraphs swablus!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back