• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
Years
  • So, if I understand this Index thing correctly (which I probably don't) If I have an idea for a challenge, I send a PM to Sydian ehh I mean Jak, who then adds it to the second post in the index thread that holds reservations of good ideas... But what if I want feedback? does feedback still go in here, or do we need an entirely separate thread for that?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • So, if I understand this Index thing correctly (which I probably don't) If I have an idea for a challenge, I send a PM to Sydian ehh I mean Jak, who then adds it to the second post in the index thread that holds reservations of good ideas... But what if I want feedback? does feedback still go in here, or do we need an entirely separate thread for that?
    You come here for feedback. The PM is only if you want to reserve the rights to make the challenge in question.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • what about a challenge where you can only use your starter and a pokemon that each gym leader has? like you get your starter and cant use anything besides that until you beat the first gym leader. and then once you beat that gym you can use any 1 pokemon that the gym leader has and no more. the only time you could use anything different is if you say need something for the hms and only if the hms are necessary. like you dont need something to learn flash.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • That could be interesting, unless the gym leader has Pokemon you're not able to get for a while like Misty's Starmie.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It could change how you play the game. Like for me I like to have all my pokemon gain at least 5 levels in between each gym and have all pokemon at the same level. So then I can be able to easily beat the gym and my rival even with my weakest pokemon. Saying that if I want to use starmie then I would have to change the way I play my game and challenge myself more, which is the point of a challenge: to change the way that you might normally play and challenge yourself.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I've got a couple new challenge ideas brewing in my head right now.

One of them is for a challenge based on the game Don't Starve! I've been playing a lot of it and apparently my mind is rigged to deconstruct everything to Pokemon because I had an idea revolving around the Perma death concept and item management inspired by it. It would be very different from my previous theme challenge, The Vault Hunter's Challenge, because it would be less restrictive of what your team can comprise of. At it's core, it would require you to have certain items in your inventory in order to buy other items, similar to the tiered crafting system of the game it's based on. Don't Starve! being a perma death game, any time a Pokemon is knocked out it would die, and a blackout would be end game unless you have a certain item to discard as your "Meat Effigy." I think the idea has a lot of interesting potential and I'm pretty excited about it, but also scared to death that it will end up like a good few other challenges I have made before. Ultimately all my successful challenges were pre existing popular ideas, which kinda sucks. I really hope I can get something cool out of this one.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • I really like your idea Necrum and would love to see a fully planned out concept.
    Havent heard of "Dont Starve" before, but the idea seems a good challenge and that "crafting items" idea sounds pretty cool.

As for alvmonsters idea, i had something similar in mind once: You start off with your starter Pokemon, and then you may only catch Pokemon that you have defeated in a trainer battle. Lets say, you beat Youngster Joey, then you would be allowed to catch and use a Rattata. Its pretty much the same, but applied to every trainer and not just gym leaders

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • The tough thing about challenge based on non-Pokemon series is that in some cases, you have to have prior knowledge about that series or it's a series not everyone is interested in and thus don't want to play Pokemon centered around its themes. I have a challenge planned right now that's based on another series, but I hope it will be generalized enough that you don't have to know a thing about the game it's based on to play it. It's going to be very detailed and explained well enough for anyone to grasp, so I hope it goes well.

I plan on reviving Gender Discrimination as well. -PMs myself a reservation- :P

Years
  • HEY Y'ALL

IT'S LAURE THE CRAZY OBSESSED CHALLENGE BEAST FROM A FEW YEARS AGO IF ANYONE HERE REMEMBERS ME

(didn't even remember my own username until Jak reminded me what it was)

Anyway I want to create one challenge, and one challenge only and it's a very interactive one (similar to a Hunger Games / rpg style challenge I had a few years ago)

I don't know if all of you are as obsessed with the show Survivor as I am and I want to mix it with my love of Pokemon

If there is enough interest in this challenge and enough applicants challengers will be divided into 2 tribes. Each round of the game there will be an immunity challenge, it will require every player to play a max of only 40 minutes of any Pokemon game of their choosing. Depending on how much the player accomplishes in those 40 minutes they will receive points.

Ex. 10 points for every Pokemon added to your pokedex via capture, 50 points for gym badges which value will increase depending on how many badges you get and so on

The team that racks up the most points together will win immunity, losers go to tribal council where they must vote someone of their team.

I would expect it to follow the Survivor format where alliances will be formed and as well as some fun twists

Exile Island - forcing players to delete their game and start over
    Hidden Immunity Idols - an item to help them escape getting voted off

Thoughts?

Years
  • Laure, you're alive! Glad to see you, it's been what, a year and 2 months since our last Loner sighting? Your name actually came up a couple weeks ago!

Sooo...Sydian is now Jak, and is a Super Mod...

Sydian is still Sydian, I ain't changing my wayssssssssssss I don't believe in forum evolution Syd, you can't hide from me!!!!!

WHO DARE SPOKE MY NAME!!!! EVERYTIME THAT'S DONE A PHONIEX RISES AND CREATES AN AWESOME CHALLENGE

Bud do u remember that super complicated challenge I was talking about? With the points and the constant restarting?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm probably changing my name back to Sydian on my next available name change anyway lmao. Glad to have you back! Time Warp is still around. That's what this feels like rn, a big ass time warp.

Years
  • omg I looked at Time Warp earlier and was like 'wow this is a neat challenge'

Shows how I use to make one too many challenges, when I can't recall them

If only I had the time to bring back the 'I'm going to send you random eggs deal with it' challenge

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I was pretty happy with how April Fools day went. If any of you haven't read all the posts I made in the Pokemon Link Battle Trozei Challenge, you should because I was on top of it all day! It's all good for a laugh and I even made a really goofy bad comic, lol!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I'm planning to do some work on putting together one of my new challenges after I finish updating my threads this weekend. Pretty excited about it, I must say!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I was making a challenge in the making but the idea ressembles too much to the Greek myth challenge ie. the characters, so I just have to postpone it till then :C

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back