• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Type Emblem: Chapters 1/2

Best format for FTE? (Details: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=9938264#post9938264)

• Option 1: One story, one map

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Option 2: One story, two maps

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • Option 3: Two stories, two maps

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • I'm not sure if I should attack Starly with Absorb (It should do 5 damage right?) or sit back and use Growth. Tangela and myself can't really do anything to each other. I think Grimer has Poison Gas though which could be a problem and I am weak to Poison moves anyway.

However I think only me and Mimikyu can reach Starly to finish it off.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I think Helping hand would be of use here, soooo...

Susato moves to E20 and uses Helping Hand! which I believe gives it to the three Pok?mon there?

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • I suppose that is fine, just want to get a confirm from Linus if he is okay with this!

Also that gave me 4 notifications.

Every time I edit the reply, it yields another notification.... sorry lol. Yeah I'd talk it over with Linus as to what you want to do.

@Lily, Tangela might not do anything to you offensively but can still harm you with status moves. Grimer likely knows Sludge attack(if only I could have it at level 15 on Generation 1.... ugh) so he's a force to be reckoned with. Mimikyu is best bet to finish Starly off with Mimic but I don't know how Mimic works. If its anything like Copycat where it copies the last used move and then uses it on the target or does it merely copy the move and leave the target standing(in which case, someone else would have to finish it off).

@Dragon Helping Hand would indeed apply to 3 Allies at E20 but Krakonos can't make use of it(Truant ability), leaving just Cuddles and Elwind to benefit from a boosted attack. Elwind had its accuracy cut 25% so there's a chance Elwind might not land a boosted move and since we didn't determine Shellos' ability in Round 1, I don't know if Cuddles can use Water Type moves because if Shellos has Storm Drain, any Water Type moves are blocked instantly in exchange for buffing their attack for 3 turns if memory serves. There's the possibility it knows Sticky Hold instead but the fact we don't know its ability is a real problem in terms of move planning.

Years
  • tpI2jOa.png
    : "...I'm starting to question why I even came here. There's so many Grass and Poison types that I'm scared to try to take some damage for the team..."

Coral eventually composes herself and spends a little time listening to what happens on the field.

fGdIKEd.png
    : "There doesn't seem like I can do much at this time, so for starters I should probably get myself ready to use Rollout just in case. As for where I should go...if I approach anywhere near the Ekans to my right, I could lose my ability, and that would be a huge problem for me. So my best course of action is to get away from it and approach the enemies up north from here. I think that's the best I can do for now..."

Coral moves to H5 and uses Defense Curl. (Had I5 earlier, but Nah is going to move from H5, so I'd like to go to H5 instead)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm going to move to J7 and use Sand Tomb on Ekans-B

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Angry.png
    "Now is my chance!"

Mercy will move to I19 and use Mimic on Starly's Wing Attack.

Sure I'm not, Mimic might copy the move and leave Starly untouched, and Wing Attack would replace Mimic for this stage. At least that's how it works on the core games.

Last edited:

Resolve

I have it
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Apr 2, 2020
    There are three of you to take care of Pidgey so I'll be leaving the far south.

It's Gulpin or Ekans for me. Take your pick, people. Personally, I'd go for Ekans and take a chance with Ancient Power.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • There are three of you to take care of Pidgey so I'll be leaving the far south.

It's Gulpin or Ekans for me. Take your pick, people. Personally, I'd go for Ekans and take a chance with Ancient Power.

I think you?d be the best pick for Pidgey, simply because it?d keep you away from Marshtomp and Bulbasaur but Robin and Priscilla can team up to take it down. Linus won?t be staying where he is because Flying > Grass. WooWoo needs help with Ekans-B(otherwise he?s going to have to retreat) so that leaves Linus as the only plausible ally to help him with Coral moving north and using Defense Curl. So if Linus moved to M1 and used Astonish to deal at least 14 damage(which is pushing it but lets assume he did do that much), WooWoo could stay and finish Ekans off with NightShade. If Linus can?t deal 14 damage, WooWoo can fall back to say G5(or wherever he feels comfortable). Then if Linus moves to M1, Robin can move to I2 and deal Hidden Power to Pidgey so that Rinnia can move to H1 to fire a Healing Pulse to Linus so that in the event Ekans has more than 20 HP, Linus will survive a Bite Attack(or we can do it in either scenario because he could use the HP boost). Then if Pidgey is still alive, either Priscilla or Hit can finish it off.

You all need to decide on who does what. Up north, same deal.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Yeah since Linus hasn't replied yet and I dont want to keep us up, I'll move to K2 so that I cant be attacked

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah since Linus hasn't replied yet and I dont want to keep us up, I'll move to K2 so that I cant be attacked

Sounds good and a thought occurred to me that you could have used Disable. Would have prevented use of Bite for several turns. Also meant Ekans-A, not Ekans-B(don?t feel like editing it to add more notifications). In any case, I feel isolated, almost a sitting duck over here now.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Felix struggled to move, feet pinned to the ground by his own shadow. The Wynaut had him weakened and stranded in the marsh!

shinx_hurt_pink.png
    "D-darn it, I let that Starly get away... I let Solstice get hurt!"

His ears picked up the sound of enemy movement. They were coming from all angles, eager to take action against the helpless Shinx with the vibrant pink fur. The Wynaut's mocking grin grew wider.

shinx_sad_pink.png
    *gulp* "Looks like I'm out of options. I'd better brace myself if I want to make it through this!"

Felix uses Charge!

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Lily: The Starly continues to live and if I don't do something it may attack Solstice again. I think my Sleep Powder does not hit allied Pokemon and the ghost Pikachu has learned Eing Attack to help against the Vine Ball Pokemon.

I can't reach it with Absorb or Magical Leaf so Lily moves to H19 and uses Sleep Powder. If Starly is asleep it can't attack.

Years
  • So...I think it's been 72 hours since the phase started? I know some people haven't posted their moves yet, so might want to get that going unless you want to stay pat where you are and do nothing. Also, if we do nothing, one Pokemon is in grave danger going into Enemy Round 2. I can't do anything to help out due to Razor Leaf, or Ekans-A's ability. If either Pokemon could be taken out, I could change my move to help out the Pokemon in trouble. And no, I'm not referring to the two Eeveeolutions when talking about who is in danger.

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • So...I think it's been 72 hours since the phase started? I know some people haven't posted their moves yet, so might want to get that going unless you want to stay pat where you are and do nothing. Also, if we do nothing, one Pokemon is in grave danger going into Enemy Round 2. I can't do anything to help out due to Razor Leaf, or Ekans-A's ability. If either Pokemon could be taken out, I could change my move to help out the Pokemon in trouble. And no, I'm not referring to the two Eeveeolutions when talking about who is in danger.

I'm not the only one in trouble(heck even if Ekans were removed from play I'd still be in trouble but in a much better position). Felix is in pretty bad shape too considering the circumstances.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • Felix struggled to move, feet pinned to the ground by his own shadow. The Wynaut had him weakened and stranded in the marsh!

shinx_hurt_pink.png
    "D-darn it, I let that Starly get away... I let Solstice get hurt!"

His ears picked up the sound of enemy movement. They were coming from all angles, eager to take action against the helpless Shinx with the vibrant pink fur. The Wynaut's mocking grin grew wider.

shinx_sad_pink.png
    *gulp* "Looks like I'm out of options. I'd better brace myself if I want to make it through this!"

Felix uses Charge!

Spoiler:

OMG I love all those shiny Sphinx images!

Lily: The Starly continues to live and if I don't do something it may attack Solstice again. I think my Sleep Powder does not hit allied Pokemon and the ghost Pikachu has learned Eing Attack to help against the Vine Ball Pokemon.

I can't reach it with Absorb or Magical Leaf so Lily moves to H19 and uses Sleep Powder. If Starly is asleep it can't attack.

Area attacks hit ally Pok?mon as well, I'm afraid. (Unless stated otherwise of course.)

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • OMG I love all those shiny Sphinx images!

Area attacks hit ally Pok?mon as well, I'm afraid. (Unless stated otherwise of course.)

While you?d be correct about area attacks, Mercy is moving over to I19. Being that she?s moving to H19 and Attacks downward, she can hit Starly from there without inflicting friendly fire.

Those who haven?t moved yet should do so! *Looks at Linus, Priscilla, Meta, Hit, Robin, Cuddles and Elwind(not surprised)*

I?ll make a move for Elwind in the event he doesn?t login. Elwind Stays put and uses Bite on Croagunk-B I know it?s NVE but it?s STAB and has a chance to flinch the target.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back