• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~ Choose your class wisely, my friend

Years
  • I usually go for mages. Elemental magic attacks are super fun, they have healing abilities, and attacking from a distance is just the bomb. Have gotten so used to it that it feels awkward to go with anything else.. especially fighter/warrior since they're the total opposites of mages, ha. I never pick them!

Years
  • I really enjoy buffers/debuffers (I'm always some sort of Bard/Dancer), but they don't really fit to well in single player stuff. I really don't have a preference when it comes to soloing, which is why I usually pick a jack-of-all-trades sort (Red Mage/Freelancer), or on occasion I enjoy evasion tanks even if they do often break the balance in the games they are present in. I prefer lighter characters to heavy.

Years
  • I usually go for mages. Elemental magic attacks are super fun, they have healing abilities, and attacking from a distance is just the bomb. Have gotten so used to it that it feels awkward to go with anything else.. especially fighter/warrior since they're the total opposites of mages, ha. I never pick them!

Ah, forgot to mention that I generally choose ranged classes instead of close combat ones. Not entirely sure why, but I feel less vulnerable if my characters are at a distance even if that's not necessarily the case XD So yeah, offensive mages and archers are probably my 2 favourite classes.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm one of the few who really likes support classes - not necessarily healers, but buffers (kind of fits the Bard/Songstress/Dancer classes of many games). Their spells tend to be quite varied and help make the toughest enemies manageable. :3

ENTHUNDERRRRR -everythingglowspurple-

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I hate playing a designated role and want to be versatile instead. It's difficult when it's possible at all, however; I doubt my playstyle is creative enough to get away with it.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I like to try a different class with each run but usually I go with the mage because of the healing perks mainly.

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    I guess I usually choose a knight/swordsman character...later in the game I often get bored >.<

I did like using the Thief class in an MMORPG I played in the past.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2014
    Depends on...

Oblivion and Skyrim: Everything.
    Dragon Age: Wizard
    Fallout 3/Fallout: New Vegas: Energy Weapons, Power Armour, Science and Speech.
    Halo: Rifle and beating, driving a Ghost

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • In you're specific class is there a go-to weapon that y'all like to use?

In most RPG games I usually like to double sword it or find a pike if possible. I absolutely loved wielding the pike in the first Dark Souls, as it helped me get an edge on my enemies by the length of it.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to classes in RPGs, I tend to like the the classes that are more combat oriented. So in Skyrim for example, I tend to make myself a warrior. As for a preferred weapon type, I find myself going for using a one handed sword so I can carry a shield as well. As for a sci-fi themed RPG, say Mass Effect, I end up going for the Soldier class. As for preferred weapons for that class, I find myself liking assault rifles and sniper rifles.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    In Skyrim, I liked being a typical sword-and-shield type of warrior, although I dabbled a bit as a sword + magic guy.
    Dragon Age, I tried out everything, but I tended to prefer being a warrior there as well. Also sword and shield; I just can't be effective with a two-hander.

In Fire Emblem, my favorite class is easily the Mercenary/Hero. Guess I'm more of a physical kind of a guy.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I dislike having to rely on Magic Points, so my first choice is often anything that's physical, like a Thief or a Knight. But I still love magic users regardless, and always make sure I have one if at all possible. I also enjoy weird classes, like Bravely Default's Performer and Merchant. They're weird, but they actually have their uses.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Bravely Default's Performer and Merchant. They're weird, but they actually have their uses.

Performer Ringabel is fabulous.

Anyway, to make this post on topic, I often like dual swords or poleaxe/naginata weapons. Bows are really cool too, but I'm not a good shot, so sometimes I don't use them. Use one a lot in Skyrim though, since a lot of enemies stand still for you....

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • I usually become a Rogue/Assassin. I absolutely LOVE sneaking about and shanking other peeps, whether NPCs or actual players. It gives me a (sad) thrill.

That started when I was introduced to World of Warcraft. Definitely brought out the Rogue in me. ;)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Normally i pick a class thats bulky and loves close combats. I prefer to take enemies head on, with brutal force, and mow down everything that stands in my way.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I become the sneakiest type there is, also I prefer being mega-fast and super-strong, I could care less about being weak or not so durable.

Next is usually magic or wizard types or knight types at a draw.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I like to be able to get the best armor I can as soon as I can and hit fast or hard. But I also like to creep and just shoot a couple arrows at someone from where they can never find me. Regardless smithing or forging or whatever is almost always the first thing I want to be able to maximize my ability in and then it's Heavy Armor or one handed/bows.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    I absolutely love being the tank, templar, what have you. I like being the character that can tough it out for the group, but also deal reasonable damage or heal a bit if necessary.

However, if I had to pick another it would be any sort of Ranger class, ESPECIALLY if they have an animal companion.

Yukari

I like being a class with an emphasis on offense and/or defense. So I tend to pick classes like the knight, or a similar class. But I also like to choose classes with an emphasis on speed, or stealth. But I don't care for classes with an emphasis on magic.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
  • for me, i really like full on assault and to sneak up to my enemy without him knowing, but recently, i love to be a mage! ^^

they have to be intelligent to manage the tomes and stuff, they're badass and totally OP depending on the game. c:

Back