• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Event: Choose your own badge

Which badge do you choose?

• Chat bubble

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Exclamation point

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Message in a bottle

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Coffee mug

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Tree with growing branches

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Slice of cake

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Cake and coffee

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • A serpent theme

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    It's time for Off-topic to get a badge of her own.

We have gotten lots of fun ideas suggested by YOU the members. Now it's time to cast votes for your favorites. You may select as many as you'd like. It's multiple choice. The badge with the most votes will be immortalized, and the brilliant mind who devised it will be the first to receive it. You have several options.

1) A chat bubble because obviously this is a place where we can chat about anything

2) An exclamation point also to represent our lively conversations.

3) A message in a bottle is another method of communication with an interesting theme. It's like we're castaways on our own private island.

4) A coffee cup was a very popular suggestion. It commemorates the chit chat café this section once had, and captures the spirit of friends sitting together over a cup of tea, hot chocolate or coffee.

5) A tree with many branches symbolizing endless branches of communication and bidding friendships could carry a powerful message too.

6) A slice of cake was an attractive badge idea submitted, it reminds me of a slice of life.

7) A potential combo of the cake and the coffee cup could work for reasons already mentioned.

8) A serpent has been mentioned quite a few times... can't imagine why ;)

Thank you everyone for your input Xorn, Palamon, Sheep, Dimitri, Neil Peart, Dragon, Hyzenthlay, Fairy, Erik Destler, Adventure and Ninetales.We have a great list to choose from. I can't wait to see what wins! Good luck everyone!

Years
    I'm of the opinion a Coffee mug would be best. A serpent would be cute especially because of Milotics, but it's not exactly 100% future proof, you know? (In case you ever promote outta OT, or step down, etc)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    voted for coffee and cake bc i like coffee but having cake with it sounds good rn

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'd like to view the alternatives, if you have the icons in mind already c:

Years
    I agree with adventure, I'd like to see mockup images of the would-be emblems before making a decision.

Years
    • Online now
    Cake and coffee, i think it combines two great suggestions.

Whatever ends up winning, i'm excited to see the design.

Years
    I wish I had known that there was a bomb icon. That would have been an amusing one I think, because Off-topic is spontaneous and content exploding unexpectedly.

Choose your own badge

Since it looks like the most votes so far with 7 are going to be the tree, coffee or some combination of coffee and cake. I thought maybe i'd add a possible icon or two for the frontrunners. If other badge ideas get more votes I will show more examples.

I'm still rooting for the tree, we're down but not out yet!

Choose your own badge

If the badge becomes a cake one then it might be fun to make it a birthday cake style sweet since we are living in the time of PC's 18th birthday, also Off-topic is the place we host celebrations for members.

Choose your own badge

Originally I had envisioned the cake and coffee badge as one badge combining a slice of cake on a platter beside a cup of morning joe. Another way to achieve both the cake and the coffee would be to have two different Off-topic badges-- one with a cake, and the other with the coffee cup. That also can give members more things to collect. A cake badge would be for general discussion, a little a slice of life, the fluffy fun topics, while a strong coffee for serious reflection and debate. This is just an idea I'm putting out. I think this was the most popular coffee cup model, showing it again for reference, the one with the steam coming out.
    Choose your own badge

This cup on a plate is cute too I think.

Choose your own badge

Voting ends this week folks, last call!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back