• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] Christian Clubhouse (For Yashua/Jesus/Yeshua Fans or Believers)

Years
Sorry for interloping, but I want to give salutations to all my Christian friends on your day of celebration!

May your Christmas and new year be filled with much love, joy & cheer 😊

Years
Please pray for my loved ones, and pray for me too. My uncle was feeling poorly and feverish yesterday. He has diabetes and blood pressure issues, and my aunt was concerned that he was having a heart attack, or some other complication that might be related to his medical history. My aunt has eye problems that prevent her from driving herself, so she called my house, and asked for help getting him to the emergency room when. I live closeby.

Took my uncle to the hospital, and he tested positive for Covid. That's what was wrong. :(

I'm worried about him. He has been vaccinated and has had a booster shot too I believe, so hopefully some of this will reduce the severity of his illness. He is a senior though, and in addition to some of the other health problems I mentioned, he has had some major surgerical procedures as well, and would be considered a higher risk individual. I think about my aunt as well because as his wife there's a strong chance of her having been infected also. I'm still awaiting news. She'll get tested today. The hospitals are understaffed and swamped with patients who have waited for several hours, and even overnight.

Exposure to infected family members could also mean that the virus spread to me, though I really hope not. Everyone wore masks the entire time, but that is not a guarantee that you don't spread the virus, even though it could protect you when someone's coughing or sneezing.

In the meantime I am staying isolated at home these next few days, cleaning surfaces, taking immune system boosters, keeping hydrated and being as careful as I can.

My aunt and uncle are lifelong Christians that I know would appreciate being kept in thought and prayer. Stay safe everyone, and bless you all.

Years
I don't pray much these days, but I will certainly add him to my prayers when I do Sam. That sounds awful, but I'm glad you guys all got the necessary vaccines + boosters. It's almost guaranteed to lessen the effects of the virus, especially noticeable to immuno-compromised people like your uncle. Please do stay well yourself, I'll be praying for you as well~

On my end things are looking very bleak suddenly. Trigger warning to everyone who reads on: death.

Spoiler:

It's times like these where I question God's plan. It really tends to suck when it looks something like this, I say to myself. I'm sad, but I'm more angry than anything, & I usually take it out on Him, since I believe He was the only one who had a say in these circumstances, to keep them alive or not. I keep thinking that it was His choice to take them away, and some nights I've hated Him for it.

I know these aren't the right actions, but when there's so much pain in my heart, I don't know how else to channel it other than unreserved, unbridled rage. There's already so much stress from life by default, yet this has to be stacked on top of it too... I'm hoping someone out there could pray for us over here as well. I need to end this message before the feelings return. I wouldn't wanna start my day feeling like this again.

Years

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I'm sending you my unconditional support and I will keep you and your loved ones in my prayers. I think it's completely normal and rational to question God when dealing with difficult times, you're human, and you're allowed to feel things. We've all been there at one point or another.

I pray that 2022 be a year of healing, joy, and is abundant with blessings for your, your partner, and your respective families.

I will keep your uncle, aunt, and family in my prayers, love. May he heal and recover swiftly. Please take care of yourself, as well, hun. Sending you love. ❤️

If either of you need a safe space to talk, vent, please know that I'm extending the olive branch indefinitely. I'll always be here for you both if you need me!

Last edited:
Years
I don't pray much these days, but I will certainly add him to my prayers when I do Sam. That sounds awful, but I'm glad you guys all got the necessary vaccines + boosters. It's almost guaranteed to lessen the effects of the virus, especially noticeable to immuno-compromised people like your uncle. Please do stay well yourself, I'll be praying for you as well~

On my end things are looking very bleak suddenly. Trigger warning to everyone who reads on: death.

Spoiler:

It's times like these where I question God's plan. It really tends to suck when it looks something like this, I say to myself. I'm sad, but I'm more angry than anything, & I usually take it out on Him, since I believe He was the only one who had a say in these circumstances, to keep them alive or not. I keep thinking that it was His choice to take them away, and some nights I've hated Him for it.

I know these aren't the right actions, but when there's so much pain in my heart, I don't know how else to channel it other than unreserved, unbridled rage. There's already so much stress from life by default, yet this has to be stacked on top of it too... I'm hoping someone out there could pray for us over here as well. I need to end this message before the feelings return. I wouldn't wanna start my day feeling like this again.

Thank you my friend, I appreciate your message, especially after reading about how much weight is on your own shoulders. It's thoughtful of you to offer me a hand, your kindness towards others is one of the awesome things about you Roni. Some positive news to add to the conversation, my aunt and uncle tell me that they are feeling much better, and I do not believe that I have been infected either. We are grateful for all the lovely thoughts, well wishes and prayers we received.

I want to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your girlfriend's sister. I had no idea that this happened to you last year. It makes sense to be angry and heartbroken that this young girl who should have had her whole life ahead of her had it end suddenly, and tragically because of someone else's poor choice to drive drunk, and then when you were beginning to recover from this dark period of life her ex boyfriend/friend died young from medical complications in the process of trying to get a donor, and your wounds have re-opened within a year.

It's not wrong to feel the way you do,
and ask questions about why this happened. That's part of the grieving process. There's nothing to be ashamed of, don't repress your feelings. I can only imagine how your partner must feel, and can only offer my deepest condolences as you try to get solace. I would be more than happy to say a prayer for your safety and happiness, and the health of those dear to you. You're in my thoughts tonight Roni.

I'
I will pray for your uncle, aunt, and family in my prayers, love. May he heal and recover swiftly. Please take care of yourself, as well, hun. Sending you love. ❤️

If either of you need a safe space to talk, vent, please know that I'm extending the olive branch indefinitely. I'll always be here for you both if you need me!

Things are looking up right now. Thank you so much dear sister for sending some love my way, and for opening your arms to me and Roni when things are difficult. You are a partner and friend that I wouldn't trade for the world. I'm sending a hug back to you, and hope that you are blessed with the wonderful 2022 you deserve, and that the angels watch over you Lina.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Happy Valentine's Day to the Christian Clubhouse.

I'll be attending a church service soon for the first time since the major covid breakout in early 2020. I was a volunteer at our church for a few years. While I was never a social butterfly (typically did my job and left) it'll be nice seeing some familiar faces.

Years
Happy Valentine's Day to the Christian Clubhouse.

I'll be attending a church service soon for the first time since the major covid breakout in early 2020. I was a volunteer at our church for a few years. While I was never a social butterfly (typically did my job and left) it'll be nice seeing some familiar faces.
Happy Valentines!

That sounds great! I haven't been to a physical church in so long D: My partner and I however have been semi-regularly attending Sunday service via an online Christian Facebook page. They do livestreams, and it's still available to watch long after it ends~

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Happy Valentines!

That sounds great! I haven't been to a physical church in so long D: My partner and I however have been semi-regularly attending Sunday service via an online Christian Facebook page. They do livestreams, and it's still available to watch long after it ends~

I could never get into the online services, but I strongly encourage them if it works for you.

I did like attending services with my grandmother. She could be intimidating, outspoken, brash. I started requesting to be taken over to her house, and we would talk and bond for hours. Past her exterior, she was very sweet. We got extremely close, attended services every week.

Definitely not the same since her passing. Still glad I got such a chance to bond with a grandparent. Many don't.

Years
Happy Easter everyone! I'm excited for the day tomorrow.

I was wondering if anyone will participate in any Easter activities this year? Maybe you attend Church or spend time with relatives or friends, listen to spiritual music or light a candle at night.

There will be some gift-giving in my household, and I'll cook a nice family dinner. I have a lot to be thankful for, my dad had a surgery earlier this year, and came through that fine, my uncle got covid, but is well now, and even my pet dog had to have biopsy, and also got good results, so I have a little angel on my side through these difficult times. I made sure to give something back to charity too this week because it seemed right to help others who aren't as fortunate.

Something seperate I have purchased just to celebrate the holiday ocassion are these foodstuffs.

One of the Easter traditions I grew up with was dying hard-boiled eggs different colors during the holiday, decorating them and going on Easter egg hunts with the other kids. I am vegan now, so I don't eat the actual eggs anymore, but still wanted to find a way to bring a little Easter fun into my home, so I bought these beautifully-decorated chocolate candy eggs. They remind me a little bit of marzipan and Fabergé eggs. These guys are so pretty that I almost don't want to eat them tomorrow, I love the pastel colors and different patterns made with the icing like the Lily of the Valley. They smell so scrumptious too! I keep sniffing the box.

As a kid I didn't know exactly why we did this practice during Easter, I just knew that I had fun, and it's been interesting for me to research some of the history and religious symbolism it contains. The egg has always been a symbol of new life in different cultures since Antiquity. In Zoroastrianism, which influenced Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, eggs were (and still are) painted in Spring time to celebrate Nowruz, the Persian new year, which is a holiday still recognized today in Iran, and by many peoples all over the world in places like Afghanistan and Cyprus. The Kurds in Syria, Turkey, Iraq and Armenia have it, some Indian Muslims, the Crimean Tartars, Shia Muslims in Bangladesh and Pakistan and many more of our brothers and sisters the world over. Since Christianity comes out of the middle east it makes sense that we inherit some of these cultural traditions in little ways.

In Christianity eggs took on a new meaning, and came to represent the empty tomb of Jesus after the ressurection, particularly because you crack open the egg. In particular I learned of some stories in Eastern Orthodoxy about eggs turning red after the the crucifixion, and to this day Orthodox communities in places like Ukraine and Greece use red colorants to signify the blood of martyrdom and sacrifice, when they make their Easter eggs.

Last edited:
Years
I personally haven't gone to church in so long, but I do wish all goers a continue good and safe time~ Hope y'all had a marvelous Easter weekend, bcs I sure did <3

Years
Happy Easter everyone! May you all have a blessed day! 🌸💓

In Christianity eggs took on a new meaning, and came to represent the empty tomb of Jesus after the ressurection, particularly because you crack open the egg. In particular I learned of some stories in Eastern Orthodoxy about eggs turning red after the the crucifixion, and to this day Orthodox communities in places like Ukraine and Greece use red colorants to signify the blood of martyrdom and sacrifice, when they make their Easter eggs.

Yes! A Ukrainian tradition is decorating Easter eggs, which we call Pysanka or писанка. I haven't had the opportunity to decorate any писанка this year unfortunately, but it's a tradition I grew up with, and one that I love!

Several superstitions surround писанка, and it is believed they ward off evil spirits and protect one's household from catastrophe. It is also believed that demons become trapped within the colours and spirals decorated upon писанка. Young people usually will be given писанка with lighter colours, or писанка with white designs, signifying that their life is to be filled with memories. Older people, on the other hand, are typically gifted писанка that are rich in colour, signifying that they've lived a fulfilling life.

Years
I hope that everyone here is having a good Sunday morning. I found a lovely YouTube video.

It's an arrangement of Psalm 104, the creation psalm, sung in ancient Hebrew. The string accompaniment is played on an oud. Soulful voices. The translation of the lyrics are nice, and included in the video description. I like how they have English and Hebrew side by side for comparison. I thought I would share here as something uplifting and spiritual in these difficult times we live in. It's beautiful.

Back