• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • I'm signing up for this.

Username: PlatinumDude
    Favorite Card: Machina Fortress

As for the topic on hand, while I'm okay with priority being gone, I'd like it to come back because one of the cards I can think of that got nerfed is Odin, Father of the Aesir. When priority was a thing, Odin can just use his effect to make himself immune to Spells/Traps before stuff like Bottomless Trap Hole takes him out.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
  • I'm signing up for this.

Username: PlatinumDude
    Favorite Card: Machina Fortress

As for the topic on hand, while I'm okay with priority being gone, I'd like it to come back because one of the cards I can think of that got nerfed is Odin, Father of the Aesir. When priority was a thing, Odin can just use his effect to make himself immune to Spells/Traps before stuff like Bottomless Trap Hole takes him out.

Awesome, thanks for joining us! ^^

So were you a Nordic user by any chance? I always wanted to make a Nordic God deck because Team Ragnarok was pretty cool in 5D's, but I'm a bit discouraged by their lack of support in real life, as well as the difficulty of bringing out their boss monsters (gotta love those Synchros, though). I think it'd be great if they got some new World Premiers in the next set, or possibly a new structure deck, to help them keep up with the ever-expanding metagame. One can only hope, though, haha.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Awesome, thanks for joining us! ^^

So were you a Nordic user by any chance? I always wanted to make a Nordic God deck because Team Ragnarok was pretty cool in 5D's, but I'm a bit discouraged by their lack of support in real life, as well as the difficulty of bringing out their boss monsters (gotta love those Synchros, though). I think it'd be great if they got some new World Premiers in the next set, or possibly a new structure deck, to help them keep up with the ever-expanding metagame. One can only hope, though, haha.

No I wasn't, in the real world at least. I only used the deck in Over the Nexus (the World Championship 2011 game on the DS, where priority still existed). Shame that Vanadis wasn't included.

Meadow

Years
  • No I wasn't, in the real world at least. I only used the deck in Over the Nexus (the World Championship 2011 game on the DS, where priority still existed). Shame that Vanadis wasn't included.

Yeah, that's a shame indeed, and it's also too bad that they quit making World Championship games. World Duel Carnival seems to be a standalone title, and it looks as if we aren't getting an annual 3DS game, either.

But the coolest thing about Vanadis is how she serves as the Quickdraw Synchron of Nordics.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Welcome to the club PlatinumDude!

The picture design of the Nordic Spellcasters always intrigued me. Never looked into them though tbh, and was intrigued that they got some promos in Legendary Collection 5.

And by all means continue discussing other topics, as the time approaches though I think the following topic becomes interesting to discuss for those who play the TCG:

Banlist wants/predictions?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Wants?

Raigeki @ 0
    Snatch Steal @ 0

But nowadays, predictions? Hm...

Monster Reborn @ 3
    Heavy Storm @ 3
    Change of Heart @ 5

No, but really, Raigeki legitimately scares me and, looking at the OCG and the recent unbans such as Snatch Steal, I wouldn't be surprised if we're close to the return of Heavy Storm.

Meadow

Years
  • Wants?

Raigeki @ 0
    Snatch Steal @ 0

No, but really, Raigeki legitimately scares me and, looking at the OCG and the recent unbans such as Snatch Steal, I wouldn't be surprised if we're close to the return of Heavy Storm.

Yes, please. Having less sacky overpowered cards in favor of more consistency would be better for the game. Also, as much as I would love for Heavy Storm to come back, it seems that Konami doesn't want us to hurt their precious Pendulums, so I guess it's pretty doubtful.

As for me, I would love for One for One and Foolish Burial to bump up to 2, but the latter isn't so likely haha. I would also like to see Librarian at 2 or 3, and both Brionac and Trishula at 1, because Synchros need more toolboxing. And... maybe Castel at 1 or 0? Not a prediction, but the game would feel a lot safer with Castel out of the way. I mean, why should Beelze, of all things, be made completely irrelevant by two easy level 4 monsters? At least 101 is fair because you can dodge it by putting Beelze in defense mode, but Castel is just ridiculous to be honest. Oh, and speaking of Honest, I would be biased to see it at 0, haha, as well as Bujingi Crane/Sinyou at 1. (Never gonna happen, unfortunately. <_<)

...Also, Junk Warrior at 0. Just kidding, gotta love Junk Warrior. But seriously, Junk Warrior armed with Scrap Fist + Rush Warrior = gg no re. xD

Spoiler: Before...
    Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Spoiler: After...
    Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

15,400 ATK, double damage, and the opponent can't activate cards or effects hahaha. x3

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    In regards to your guys' mentions, I think Snatch Steal is really unfair and should be gone. Raigeki I'm thinking is a little more balanced, but that's just my opinion. Foolish and One for One to two would actually really help a deck I'm working on, but again, doubtful.

Personally I'd like to see Bottomless, Compulse and Torrential to go to 2. I'm pretty sure OCG has like 3 of each and it's not total chaos. In all reality, I feel like it'll be an uneventful list. They're probably not going to hit any of the Secret Forces stuff, and for the other decks to keep up with Nekroz they can't be banning too much else.

And Junk Warrior is pretty dang good, I run him in Racoons lol.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Destruction cards in general like Raigeki, Dark Hole, and TT aren't very useful in the meta right now, considering destruction makes your opponent plus really hard usually. And if not that, then it barely means anything, cause they'll swarm again next turn. I don't see the first two going up anymore, though, I think three spell cards are just the right amount. TT could go to two, though, realistically.

Compulse is staying at 1, purely because it's extra deck hate for no cost. Bottomless could go to two, but I'm not sure. Would be great against Qlis though, if it did. Foolish is staying at one, because it just sets up ridiculous plays. OFO, I'm not sure.

Meadow

Years
  • My problem with Raigeki is that while meta decks aren't too fazed by it, the weaker decks take a huge blow. That's probably why Yuki Usagi annoys me more than it should, because it basically renders Quasar decks 98% unplayable, even though they JUST got their new support. <_<
    ___

On a side note, I thought I might as well spit out my thoughts on Accel Synchron. The card has SO much potential, but it's pretty saddening to see that it'll only ever be used as Quasar fodder.

To test out its toolboxing potential, I purposely removed Quasar and all of its fodder from my Quasar deck (yeah... I know lol), and replaced them with basic Synchro toolbox cards, such as Mist Wurm. And y'know what was amazing? Just having Accel Synchron in the Extra Deck makes Junk Synchron into an easy one-card Beelze/Mist Wurm/Leo, given that Doppelwarrior is in your grave or hand. The best part is that you can leave them on the field to Synchro Summon during your opponent's turn, and they'll never know what hit them.

If they try Extra Deck spamming, then whip out Mist Wurm to bounce 3 entire cards during their turn. If they use Raigeki or any mass destruction, summon Beelze who resists destruction. If they like targeting a lot, bring out Leo, since it can't be targeted. If you're lucky enough to have Starlight Junktion on the field, you can spin one of your opponent's cards as well screw them over with the monster you summoned.

All of this is starting to make me look at Synchrons differently, since all this time I've been using them to do hour-long combos to bring out Quasar, haha.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Compulse I feel like is a bit weak right now. Specifically I'm thinking against BA and Yosenju, they really don't mind it at all. Nekroz always have ways to bring their rituals back out. But like Raigeki, I do suppose it hurts the rogues, but when has Konami ever cared about them lol?
    And as I've seen first hand, Accel Synchron is pretty crazy. But when I think synchrons, I think of Quasar and the likes. The fact that you can get Beelze and Leo out is great, but they're far easier to get rid of than Quasar which is I think the intended purpose to begin with lol.
    Side thing, don't know if y'all know who Patrick Hoban is, but he was caught up in a recent controversy, thought I'd get your opinions on it. I'll post a video since this guy can probably explain it better than I can. And through some sleuthing I'm fairly certain this yugituber is Captain Fabio assuming you guys remember him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxTHqSrZa7E

Meadow

Years
  • Wow, that scenario is almost like a really intense court case. It kinda reminds me of those murder cases where the defendant exploits the law to plead not guilty.

And as I've seen first hand, Accel Synchron is pretty crazy.
    LOL!
    I was actually thinking about pulling a Black Rose during your turn, but then I realized that it was missing from my Extra Deck, just like Armades haha. (Then again, Black Rose has nothing on double Swift Scarecrow and double Battle Fader. xD)

Last edited:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Side thing, don't know if y'all know who Patrick Hoban is, but he was caught up in a recent controversy, thought I'd get your opinions on it. I'll post a video since this guy can probably explain it better than I can. And through some sleuthing I'm fairly certain this yugituber is Captain Fabio assuming you guys remember him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxTHqSrZa7E

Captain Fabio is a Yugi-tuber?? o.O

Have no idea who this Hoban fellow is or this whole debacle. As for the thing, it was kind of a "bad move", he should have just admitted it was a bad.

Years
  • I'm new to the PC forums, but not to Pokémon-or Yu-Gi-Oh!, for that matter.

Username is Sutpen.
    My favourite card is extremely clichéd, and not of much use in the TCG, but it's the Dark Magician. I just love the mythos surrounding the Dark Magician and it was the very first card I owned, as part of the Yugi Structure Deck.

I play the TCG, I watch the anime, I read the manga, I play the video games-I'm interested in all aspects. The main appeal of Yu-Gi-Oh!, for me, is the thrill of drawing that next card, and how one card can turn the tables entirely. There's no better feeling than making a comeback or drawing exactly the card that you need. This is admittedly true of all trading card games, but Yu-Gi-Oh! has the series, comics, video games, figurines... So it's exciting. I also love the huge variety of cards available, as it means that no one will have exactly the same deck... I myself run a Zombie deck, I've experimented with many others but the Zombies seem to just "click" for me.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Welcome to the club Sutpen (and to the forums I may add)! And Dark Magician may not be as irrelevant as you might think, well more specifically maybe DMG, I believe she was getting some new support?

And I run Zombies as well. Lot of interesting builds you can do with zombies alone, and I think Unizombie really bumped things up for them.

Captain Fabio is a Yugi-tuber?? o.O

Have no idea who this Hoban fellow is or this whole debacle. As for the thing, it was kind of a "bad move", he should have just admitted it was a bad.
    Makes more sense now that his username is Alinthea here on PC lol.

And the thing is, he admitted he did it, but he felt no remorse (at least that's what I got from it). I mean Hoban is well-respected in the Yugioh community, he's sponsored by ARG, been to the World Championship, etc.; would've thought he'd have a shred of dignity.

Meadow

Years
  • I'm new to the PC forums, but not to Pokémon-or Yu-Gi-Oh!, for that matter.

Username is Sutpen.
    My favourite card is extremely clichéd, and not of much use in the TCG, but it's the Dark Magician. I just love the mythos surrounding the Dark Magician and it was the very first card I owned, as part of the Yugi Structure Deck.

I play the TCG, I watch the anime, I read the manga, I play the video games-I'm interested in all aspects. The main appeal of Yu-Gi-Oh!, for me, is the thrill of drawing that next card, and how one card can turn the tables entirely. There's no better feeling than making a comeback or drawing exactly the card that you need. This is admittedly true of all trading card games, but Yu-Gi-Oh! has the series, comics, video games, figurines... So it's exciting. I also love the huge variety of cards available, as it means that no one will have exactly the same deck... I myself run a Zombie deck, I've experimented with many others but the Zombies seem to just "click" for me.

Hey, great to have you in the club! (And welcome to PC, haha.)

How much of the anime have you watched? And I know completely how it feels to be excited about the next draw, haha. I've gotten so many lucky topdecks when I otherwise would've lost a duel, and it feels really great when that card helps ride you to victory. ^^

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Makes more sense now that his username is Alinthea here on PC lol.

And the thing is, he admitted he did it, but he felt no remorse (at least that's what I got from it). I mean Hoban is well-respected in the Yugioh community, he's sponsored by ARG, been to the World Championship, etc.; would've thought he'd have a shred of dignity.

Didn't know he changed his name haha, never really talked to him much, was friends with Kura though.

Yeah you would think if he's that big he wouldn't be that scummy.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Username: Yeyinde
    Favorite Card: Stardust Dragon & Blackwing Armor Master
    On: What will be hit on the banlist next month? What your thought on MST?

Meadow

Years
  • Username: Yeyinde
    Favorite Card: Stardust Dragon & Blackwing Armor Master
    On: What will be hit on the banlist next month? What your thought on MST?

Hey, there! Welcome to the club, Yeyinde!

Stardust and Armor Master are really awesome cards! They happen to be key monsters in a couple of my decks, haha. Have you watched 5D's, by any chance?

Regarding the banlist, we were actually discussing that not too long ago. I'm not exactly sure what's getting hit on the next banlist, but the consensus is that Bottomless could possibly bump up to two copies. As for MST, it's one of the most indispensable cards in the game, but we need more copies of it, haha.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I watched 5Ds and was great storyline and arc, though post-arc lackluster like the ones in GX did. Wish they could dubbed it more

I feel pretty bummed when Bottomless set to 1 and it can be targetted by MST. But guessing konami find the card too OP when comes with stronger monster. Video game status though, it's unlimited

Edit; and this is why Mirror Force was unlimited, before MST threat comes was limited

Last edited:
    Back