• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coffee -Wakes me up

FayAurora

Dark-Type Trainer/Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I find it amusing that people are split down the middle with coffee and tea, usually just black and white, no gray. Usually people who like coffee, or at least people I've met, don't like tea, and it seems if you don't like coffee, you do like tea.
    But again, coffee sounds very nice about now, because I just woke up and can't go back to sleep, so I'm in a weird half-awake/half-asleep state. I just want to be one or the other right now -_-

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    I really dislike hot coffee...so what do I do? Have iced coffee :>
    I can't get through half a day at school without having a bottle of iced coffee, so usually as soon as I get to school, I head to the canteen and buy an iced coffee bottle. It basically keeps me alive at school..

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
    I'm not permitted to have whole cups of coffee for whatever reason. Apparently there's too much caffeine.

This doesn't stop me from asking my mother to allow to have the last bits of coffee from her cups, which she happily obliges to. She has about two to three cups a day, which is a nice added bonus.

Despite the fact I have easy access to iced coffee, as it's sold in large cartons at my school canteen, I cannot stand the taste (or, for that matter, the sight) of it. It's perplexed me for an eternity as to why, but I have an odd feeling it's because the first time I ever drank it, I developed severe stomach pains soon after my first sip.

danks_

NOCH EIN BIER, BITTE!
    Years
    I just need to drink 3 things to be happy in my life:
    Water, Coffee and beer, haha...

I'm not the early morning coffee drinker, but I do drink it. In an average day I could drink about 3 cups of yummy, delicious and perfect coffee. I think I mostly have some with my food or whenever I feel I'm getting too distracted.

Like right now, I need one...

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    Every morning I chug a bottle of water to wake me up. Haven't had coffee in such a long time because I fear caffeine crashes. There's usually a pot in the room just off of the supply room in the main building, though. All of my co-workers absolutely love it and it kind of reminds me of my mom. She's one of those people who can't function without her coffee and she finds coffee humor to be hilarious. Personally, I hate coffee humor. Every joke is "Give me coffee or I'll hurt you/yell at you/not talk to you/be unpleasant" and for some reason a lot of it involves Daffy Duck.

But yeah, the consumption of coffee. I much prefer it to tea.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
    Are we talking about coffee. Man I loooooooove coffee. I do call me self a coffee junkie lmao once had 4 short black in under an hour because I was thirsty :/ lmao

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I hate the taste. Being reliant on it seems like an lamentable state to be in unless one genuinely likes it.

The taste of coffee is delicious, did you add enough sugar?
    I've added two tablespoons of sugar to half a teaspoon of coffee in milk and it still tastes like crap.
    I do like coffee cake though; that is sufficiently sweet that the coffee adds a unique flavour instead of being bitter.

Years
    I don't like it straight. It's got to have flavor besides sugar/cream for me to drink it.

I've discovered over the past week that I like it with chocolate flavor in it too. Mocha or whatever it's called. My coworker got me one of those. That was delicious.

Her

Years
    • Seen today
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_effects_of_coffee

A May 2012 study published in the New England Journal of Medicine found that coffee drinkers "who drank at least two or three cups a day were about 10 percent or 15 percent less likely to die for any reason during the 13 years of the study."[2]

If this is the case, I welcome death!!!!
    As my job requires me to be up early and working for most of the day, I've come to rely on coffee as a way of pepping me up in the morning before I go to work and an extra couple of cups at work to fully energize me until I take a break, lol. I can get by without coffee easily, but I get free coffee at work so I take advantage of it as much as I can, lol.

Years
    I drink cappuccino mostly, which isn't really any better, I just like the flavours.
    It helps to perk me up, but I don't need any more than one cup a day, I'm pretty good at staying awake.

Can I function without it? Sure, but I may be cranky.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I drink coffee all the time. Every day. At least three cups a day, and I don't drink fast because I don't have much against lukewarm coffee, hence why I almost always have a cup in my hand or in front of me.

I can't function in the morning without coffee. A day without morning coffee feels wrong. Preferably I'll have a cup after lunch and then another one in the afternoon. Thus, three. Sometimes in the evening even though I know I won't fall asleep if I do that.

Sleep is just a bad substitution for coffee, anyways!

Wait, carcinogenic? I have never heard that. Awwh.

Years
    I use coffee as a performance enhancer. Caffeine + Sugar in the form of a Caramel Machiatto beats all the steroids in the world. I take my coffee black with a shot of espresso, and it lets me run for hours on end.

Back