• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Community Supporter DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • I couldn't find much work in college and I'm paying for it now, in the form of student loans.

In retrospect, I probably should've gone to college in-state but I really didn't want to go to school close to home...

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
    Years
  • Have you looked into grants and scholarships? They can be so very helpful without putting you in debt. My brother got a scholarship so generous that he doesn't know what to do with all the money.

I never went to college...I am a self-taught portrait artist and found that nobody cares if you have an art degree as long as you are good at what you do. If I wanted to go to college, I qualify for a couple government grants.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • Oh God if you have the chance to apply for them then absolutely do. So worthwhile. I have some for my secondary school (I think you call it high school?) and I don't have to pay anything at all for my education atm instead of some kind of stupid and extortionate amount. Makes stuff so much easier.

Nihilego

Years
  • Really just get on top of it rather than worrying if it's too late or not. The sooner you can find out the better tbh. Contact the college or whatever it is you're applying to and ask them about it.

Nihilego

Years
  • I wouldn't really know anything about essay writing since my scholarships are in art, music and sport lol. But I do know that they're actually way more competitive than you probably think they are. Make sure you find out what you have to do early enough to be at your best and everything.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I was pretty dilligent in high school and most of undergraduate school, but then I discovered anime and really lost focus on my studies... and my grades took a nosedive as a result. It got to where I was just barely doing well enough to survive, but by that point I wasn't nearly as concerned with getting good grades as I had been in the past.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I literally slacked off the first year of high school. I got in trouble a lot, skipped class, got detention. Man, freshman year was baaaaad. I was glad that by Senior year I was able to repair and get things back on track.

Procrastination is very common in college. You will get some of that. lol

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I only skipped class once, but hey, bad teacher, and it's kinda prone to happening. Sometimes I just wouldn't go to that class because the teacher was plain old boring. I know one time I forged a note to get out of school early.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I was such a ruffian in high school. It wasn't uncommon for me to only go to one class all day, haha... It wasn't until they were like IF YOU DON'T GO TO CLASS, YOU WILL NOT WALK AT GRADUATION that I started attending.

It's not that I'm a bad student, I make pretty decent grades. I just don't like school. At all :/

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • In my school, skipping class meant detention unless you had some really good excuse backed up by your parents, so I think I only ever skipped two classes ever unless I was sick or something.

It... was a really strict school, but the teachers were incredibly laid back to make up for that.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • lol I was just the opposite of everybody. I was the good student who went bad. I went from a 3.7 gpa to a 0.67. XD Still did really good at graduation though. (eligible to walk with honors) :P

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • My school was lenient on rules I guess, but strict on uniform poilcy which I don't even know why. Pretty much you had to wear a school top, and navy blue pants. It wasn't even a private school which baffled me even more. :o Anyway, I think I got a detention once for having black pants one day, and after then I swear that teacher was out to get me.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • LOL skipping class what's the point, when I have plenty of time not in school to bs with. If I am at school I might as well be there. Doing stuff is a different story, mainly Junior and Senior year, complete bsing those years finished with good grades good times good times. As far as attending school I probably missed two weeks altogether during my whole Elementary and Secondary schooling. I probably gone 3-4 years without missing a day of class. I though it was funny when people were "supposedly" sick over a week.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I've never skipped school or a class (In high school that is) XD

My dads job offers a scholarship ($25k) to any kid who doesn't miss a single day of school in high school, and I'm trying to obtain it. 2 years left!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    New teachers. Gotta hate them. I have three new teachers next year, and ironically they're all my AP teachers. And they're probably going to be the hardest classes. What fun.

I always hear about some people saying that 'Oh a new teacher is a blow off teacher.' I wish that was the case for my school :/

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Oh how I miss the fun of school substitute teachers in high school. Me and a few friends tend to fool with the sub by saying that we can watch a movie during class instead of doing work. It works every time. :D

Yes, I was *that* bad in high school. xD

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • I want to hear that joke played on me if I was ever a substitute teacher. Maybe a kid/student would be like "You know, Ms. Meganium90 sometimes lets us watch movies in class" and I'd be like "Well, too bad I'm not her then, isn't it?" And then I'd wear a trollface. :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I want to hear that joke played on me if I was ever a substitute teacher. Maybe a kid/student would be like "You know, Ms. Meganium90 sometimes lets us watch movies in class" and I'd be like "Well, too bad I'm not her then, isn't it?" And then I'd wear a trollface. :D

Call me Megan.

brb, I'm LMAOing. xD

Anyways, yeah... it'll never get old. There was a 40% chance that we got a bad note from the sub saying that we didn't behave well. I...uhh..end up getting most of the blame because I planned the jokes.

I will not fool the sub
    I will not fool the sub
    I will not fool the sub
    <insert300more>

Twilight Sky said:
    Thing is, most substitute teachers at my high school are strict, and most students think they're kinda dumb, so they play that trick, and realize that it doesn't work because the subs have been substitute teachers for years, so apparently they've heard of pretty much every trick in the book.

Plus, the sub is to blame if the teachers don't get any work handed in(most of the time), so...the subs are usually kinda strict about that.

The subs that I had in my high school days (and most of middle school) were mostly lenient. I only went through *one* strict sub, and man, I remember she was a monster. I remember her giving me a detention just to throw a paper in the trash. >_>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back