• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    Cresselia had a reason. The Strange House mini-story.

I maintain they did this sky thing because they couldn't cram the legendaries into Hoenn's map and went the lazy route of making them available "in the sky".

I'm actually worried there won't be a Z version, with all those legendaries in ORAS.

The "Z" version will probably have heavier emphasis on Kalos legends.

Besides, there are a few more unrevealed Kalos legends. I don't think those will even appear in ORAS.

Or Z might have the exact same feature. Kinda like the islands of FireRed and Emerald, which cannot be accessed in RS.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    Speaking of the new mega announcements, I really feel great about Mega Pidgeot and Beedrill (having already known about the latis), since Gamefreak gave Mega Evos to two Pokemon that are obtainable early in the game and this makes the game much more competitive and interesting imo, as the battles will be much more intense if you fight a mega beedrill early in the game.

Whatsmore, I am so glad about the sky event of the latis that it seems I will go on a Lati@s hunt for the first time (I really do not like these Pokemon, but the event is worth a couple ultra balls more).

Can't wait for the games even more now!

Years
    So Zekrom, Reshiram, Dialga, Palkia, Ho-Oh, Lugia and the rest are all available in Gen VI, that's pretty cool.

I think what Game Freak were aiming for here was an anti-frustration method to get most of the legendaries for those who can't afford Pokemon Bank, especially those on tight-budgeted families like me so it's nice I can finally get a chance to get some nice stuff without going through the pain.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Speaking of the new mega announcements, I really feel great about Mega Pidgeot and Beedrill (having already known about the latis), since Gamefreak gave Mega Evos to two Pokemon that are obtainable early in the game and this makes the game much more competitive and interesting imo, as the battles will be much more intense if you fight a mega beedrill early in the game.

Whatsmore, I am so glad about the sky event of the latis that it seems I will go on a Lati@s hunt for the first time (I really do not like these Pokemon, but the event is worth a couple ultra balls more).

Can't wait for the games even more now!

Well Beedrill and Pidgeot aren't part of the Hoenn dex of the originals, and chances are they probably still won't be. So in Hoenn they won't be found early.

I hope they give the rest of the native legends something to keep them the focus of the games.

Charizard Gr

Firekeeper
    Years
    Well Beedrill and Pidgeot aren't part of the Hoenn dex of the originals, and chances are they probably still won't be. So in Hoenn they won't be found early.

I hope they give the rest of the native legends something to keep them the focus of the games.

Why would these Mega Pokemon be introduced if you couldn't find the Mega Stone or even the Pokemon itself in the game? The Pidgey and Weedle evolutionary chain is one designed to breed from early in the game, isn't it? [I mean, they evolve at early levels so why could you catch a level 32 (for instance) Weedle and have it evolved twice in two levels (knowing it evolves at level 7 and 10)]. All that given that you cannot find a wild Pidgeot in any game, and this rarely changes for Beedrills...

I believe these Pokemon will be available early in the game, I don't know where you get info on the "chances" or if this is your guess. If the second one, I just have a different guess though I respect yours.

We agree both on the native legends boost though :)

Years
    Why would these Mega Pokemon be introduced if you couldn't find the Mega Stone or even the Pokemon itself in the game? The Pidgey and Weedle evolutionary chain is one designed to breed from early in the game, isn't it? [I mean, they evolve at early levels so why could you catch a level 32 (for instance) Weedle and have it evolved twice in two levels (knowing it evolves at level 7 and 10)]. All that given that you cannot find a wild Pidgeot in any game, and this rarely changes for Beedrills...

I believe these Pokemon will be available early in the game, I don't know where you get info on the "chances" or if this is your guess. If the second one, I just have a different guess though I respect yours.

We agree both on the native legends boost though :)

Well the Dex numbers for Salamence was only bumped up by the same number as the cross gen evolutions of Hoenn dex mons. Meaning that if those two are added they'll have higher numbers than Salamence which is a late Pokemon, that'll just be weird to have that much space blank so early on.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    The "Z" version will probably have heavier emphasis on Kalos legends.

Besides, there are a few more unrevealed Kalos legends. I don't think those will even appear in ORAS.

Or Z might have the exact same feature. Kinda like the islands of FireRed and Emerald, which cannot be accessed in RS.

I'll answer with fear of being off-topic...

Hopefully you're right, but Kalos doesn't have any more legends to show. Zygarde is in X and Y, and Hoopa and Volcanion are event Pokémon.

I'm starting to think the Strange Souvenir will factor into the next game, which may not even be in Kalos but still part of 6th gen, and with even more Mega Evolutions. It could be great but IMO I'd prefer a Z game because X and Y deserve some more polish.

Years
    I'll answer with fear of being off-topic...

Hopefully you're right, but Kalos doesn't have any more legends to show. Zygarde is in X and Y, and Hoopa and Volcanion are event Pokémon.

I'm starting to think the Strange Souvenir will factor into the next game, which may not even be in Kalos but still part of 6th gen, and with even more Mega Evolutions. It could be great but IMO I'd prefer a Z game because X and Y deserve some more polish.
    The same could've been said for the Hoenn games, since Rayquaza is in RS, and the Johto legends are available in the Kanto remakes, as were the Johto bird Duo through an event in addition to having the native legends (bird trio and Mewtwo), and Jirachi and Deoxys were event legends. Yet Emerald was still made...and Rayquaza didn't even gain a forme like Giratina. It main selling points were the two evil teams in one game, and the battle frontier... So maybe Z will have Flare want to control both Life and Death (that way better controlling the population), and have a new location.

On topic: It's a funny how Hoenn's only foreign legends in the originals (well Emerald as RS lacked foreign region legends) were all event mons (Mew and the Johto bird Duo), and now look at it's remakes. Johto has something similar too, as GSC lack Mewtwo and the Bird Duo, leaving the Kanto part devoid of legends to capture, only for HgSs to fix that (in addition to adding the Weather trio (Johto and Hoenn seem to have a remake exchange legend program going on xD...and the Sinnoh trio (well D and P as we still need confirmation on G) seems to tag along with the Johto mascots (well H and L, as we don't have confirmation on S yet) and Hoenn mascots ever since HgSs...actually these three trios haven't been available in any game since then).

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    The same could've been said for the Hoenn games, since Rayquaza is in RS, and the Johto legends are available in the Kanto remakes, as were the Johto bird Duo through an event in addition to having the native legends (bird trio and Mewtwo), and Jirachi and Deoxys were event legends. Yet Emerald was still made...and Rayquaza didn't even gain a forme like Giratina. It main selling points were the two evil teams in one game, and the battle frontier... So maybe Z will have Flare want to control both Life and Death (that way better controlling the population), and have a new location.

On topic: It's a funny how Hoenn's only foreign legends in the originals (well Emerald as RS lacked foreign region legends) were all event mons (Mew and the Johto bird Duo), and now look at it's remakes. Johto has something similar too, as GSC lack Mewtwo and the Bird Duo, leaving the Kanto part devoid of legends to capture, only for HgSs to fix that (in addition to adding the Weather trio (Johto and Hoenn seem to have a remake exchange legend program going on xD...and the Sinnoh trio (well D and P as we still need confirmation on G) seems to tag along with the Johto mascots (well H and L, as we don't have confirmation on S yet) and Hoenn mascots ever since HgSs...actually these three trios haven't been available in any game since then).

Emerald was necessary to make certain Pokémon available in the GBA games without requiring Colosseum and XD. Houndour was among them, which is one of the biggest reasons why I wasn't very fond of 3rd gen (my favorite Pokémon being available only in the postgame of the last game).

GSC didn't have the Kanto legends because it was directly backwards compatible with RBY. As in, no transfer thing. You could directly trade between both gens.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    The Pokenav+ is like some sort of gameplay behemoth. Holy ****. Habitat Dex, OW Pokemon Hunting, Berry and Secret Base map points, Trainer Eye, XY bottom screens, and a portable TV all in one. There is literally nothing else you can do with it, the damn thing has everything Pokemon has introduced over the last 18 years.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm soooo happy with how the Region looks when taking flight, from the scans it kinda looked low quality (obviously). After seeing that trailer the region just looks beautiful from an aerial view, I can see Lilycove Department store!

Confirmed Information Discussion

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Super Training is back. Super Training is back! I'm so happy it came back!

I also like the fact that Lati@s can freely join you without a fight (possibly)

Years
    I'm soooo happy with how the Region looks when taking flight, from the scans it kinda looked low quality (obviously). After seeing that trailer the region just looks beautiful from an aerial view, I can see Lilycove Department store!

Confirmed Information Discussion

It also shows off how nice Hoenn looks at night too, as several of the scenes shown while flying were of it at night.

Years
    From Serebii tweet: "USGamer interview with Junichi Masuda confirms no trainer customisation in ORAS"

It seems we will fight hordes of clones with different trainers avatar after all.

Guys, it's official. Customization no-show confirmed.

Brendan and May's designs are just too iconic after all, at least according to Game Freak. I don't mind lack of customization, since I do love May's design in this game (she is like really cute now) but I can feel for all those who enjoyed the feature in X & Y.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back