• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Here's a link to the interview floating around for those who are curious.

No customization, but at least Move Tutors are confirmed.

With customization all but exclusive to Kalos, now we have to hope for those who want their beloved Emerald Battle Frontier back. If that gets omitted I can just imagine all the outrage this game's gonna get and that means 6th Gen will end on very mixed notes.

At least the return of Move Tutors is good news to competitive players given how annoying it was to require Pokemon Bank to get certain moves on the Pokemon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    With customization all but exclusive to Kalos, now we have to hope for those who want their beloved Emerald Battle Frontier back. If that gets omitted I can just imagine all the outrage this game's gonna get and that means 6th Gen will end on very mixed notes.
    I think that the Battle Frontier has a pretty good chance of being in ORAS. While these are Ruby/Sapphire remakes, the remakes do tend to include bits of the 3rd game in them (like the whole Eusine thing in HG/SS), not to mention that Emerald is still a Hoenn game (and they seem to being doing things by region, not by game pair) and the Battle Frontier has even appeared outside Hoenn, in Johto and in Sinnoh.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
    I just don't like the mega glalie and steelix they just look ugly and glalie now has a black patch that looks out of place D:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    No custom Clothes.... Online battles are going to get boring fast if everyone looks the same. And the new Stones can't go back to XY.... aww... So you can't just send them over to the game WITH custom clothes.

So many great things in this game, but the one thing that is missing...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I think what Game Freak were aiming for here was an anti-frustration method to get most of the legendaries for those who can't afford Pokemon Bank, especially those on tight-budgeted families like me so it's nice I can finally get a chance to get some nice stuff without going through the pain.

I feel like it was more than likely to do with having "Gen 6 legal" Pokemon and not ones brought over from previous generations through Bank/Transporter, as those could have easily been Pokegen'd or AR'd. Not only that, but we'll now be able to use legal, Legendaries from previous gens in "official" tournaments/events.

So many awesome features. Can't help but feel like they really restricted X&Y for the simple reason that they wanted to keep a lot of these awesome features for these remakes. Disappointing in that aspect, but it'll definitely make these games even more fun, and hopefully a "Z" game even better (I don't want to leave Kalos the way it's been left yet; a disappointment in activities.)

MEGA STEELIX!!!!

No customization is sheer stupidity. A feature that everyone has wanted forever gets removed? Surely it'll be brought back for a third main game, or even the next generation... but it's disappointing for sure.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    So no trainer customization and no patch to include all of the new megas in XY? Incredibly disappointing. It seems like a step backwards, at least in the case of customization. There's really no reason that they can't be customizeable. Are their designs iconic? Sure, or at least the original ones are. May's new bow is cute, but it was her bandana that made her outfit, and the fact that we can't change these new outfits in the slightest is . . . depressing. There's also no reason to not patch in the new megas. It should be entirely doable.

I'm also disappointed that the Lati megas do look identical—I'd hoped the data discovered in XY was just preliminary or something and so lacked their complete designs, but nope.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    So no trainer customization and no patch to include all of the new megas in XY? Incredibly disappointing. It seems like a step backwards, at least in the case of customization. There's really no reason that they can't be customizeable. Are their designs iconic? Sure, or at least the original ones are. May's new bow is cute, but it was her bandana that made her outfit, and the fact that we can't change these new outfits in the slightest is . . . depressing. There's also no reason to not patch in the new megas. It should be entirely doable.

I'm also disappointed that the Lati megas do look identical—I'd hoped the data discovered in XY was just preliminary or something and so lacked their complete designs, but nope.

Couldn't agree any more, especially with Lati@s. I can't understand the reasoning behind making them look identical. The only real, noticable differences are their eyes and the direction their fin-things are pointed in. Such a shame. At least change the color palette up a bit.

Years
    No customization is sheer stupidity. A feature that everyone has wanted forever gets removed? Surely it'll be brought back for a third main game, or even the next generation... but it's disappointing for sure.

I heard it's going to be just only in Kalos, so essentially this means going back to play X/Y if you want to use the customization but it also means missing out on keeping updated. Yeah, sadly we will be going back to battling players who look like either Brendan or May with the only difference being changeable PSS icons.

OR/AS Megas being unable to be patched into X/Y is just the stupidest thing Game Freak has ever done. This means in online battle tournaments you have no choice but to play OR/AS due to this.

Brendan and May do have iconic designs, but as mentioned they want to keep customization exclusive to Kalos sorta like how they kept walking Pokemon (a feature many were disappointed didn't return) exclusive to HG/SS. This pretty much means that OR/AS won't be as hyped as many first thought, in fact I heard someone wanted to cancel their pre-order solely due to the removal of customization.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I heard it's going to be just only in Kalos, so essentially this means going back to play X/Y if you want to use the customization but it also means missing out on keeping updated. Yeah, sadly we will be going back to battling players who look like either Brendan or May with the only difference being changeable PSS icons.

Yeah, I saw that too in the other thread. Like I said on there, I feel like what was said in that interview was simply an excuse for the lack of it in these remakes. I feel strongly that we'll end up seeing customization back in future titles. I do wonder what the real reason was behind removing it in the remakes...? Apart from laziness or not having the necessary resources or time to do it, I just can't believe it'd be for the simple fact that they wanted this to resonate with the lifestyle of France. That seems to me to be more of a quick, somewhat believable excuse to cover his bases to me.

Years
    OR/AS Megas being unable to be patched into X/Y is just the stupidest thing Game Freak has ever done. This means in online battle tournaments you have no choice but to play OR/AS due to this.

From what I can see, all they said was that there wouldn't be a patch, but the games would still be compatible. Going off that, the new Megas/Primals may still work regardless. I can't imagine what else they would do other than prohibit use of the new evolutions while battling against OR/AS, which doesn't seem like particularly smart thing to do...but then again, this is GameFreak we're dealing with, so who knows.

Years
    Yeah, I saw that too in the other thread. Like I said on there, I feel like what was said in that interview was simply an excuse for the lack of it in these remakes. I feel strongly that we'll end up seeing customization back in future titles. I do wonder what the real reason was behind removing it in the remakes...? Apart from laziness or not having the necessary resources or time to do it, I just can't believe it'd be for the simple fact that they wanted this to resonate with the lifestyle of France. That seems to me to be more of a quick, somewhat believable excuse to cover his bases to me.

Masuda did mention it was to resonate with France being "stylish" but he also mentioned in the interview that they wanted to focus more on the adventuring aspect which I guess could be another reason backing up why it was removed.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    From what I can see, all they said was that there wouldn't be a patch, but the games would still be compatible. Going off that, the new Megas/Primals may still work regardless. I can't imagine what else they would do other than prohibit use of the new evolutions while battling against OR/AS, which doesn't seem like particularly smart thing to do...but then again, this is GameFreak we're dealing with, so who knows.

I'm not at all surprised by the lack of patching the new Megas/Primals into X&Y. If you think about it, it's similar to B&W and B2&W2. You couldn't use the newly introduced formes from #2 but could still battle between the two games, right? This is just on a bit of a bigger scale, with all the new Megas.

It's disappointing, but not entirely surprising to me.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

That's the whole point. This has been done with roughly every major title update. As soon as newer ones were out you couldn't use older games for tournaments. They'd even have that stated in tournament fliers. ORAS are going to replace XY. They won't update XY because we are supposed to get the new games to participate. When B2W2 came out we weren't able to use BW games for some tournaments. Since this one has a large competitive shift with the new Megas, they'd use just ORAS copies for tournaments. Even the new season's rule shift shows that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Masuda did mention it was to resonate with France being "stylish" but he also mentioned in the interview that they wanted to focus more on the adventuring aspect which I guess could be another reason backing up why it was removed.
    But...you can go adventuring and be stylish. I wouldn't really call that a good reason to support not having customization in.

Years
    That's the whole point. This has been done with roughly every major title update. As soon as newer ones were out you couldn't use older games for tournaments. They'd even have that stated in tournament fliers. ORAS are going to replace XY. They won't update XY because we are supposed to get the new games to participate. When B2W2 came out we weren't able to use BW games for some tournaments. Since this one has a large competitive shift with the new Megas, they'd use just ORAS copies for tournaments. Even the new season's rule shift shows that.

See guys, this guy still knows his stuff.

When a new game comes out, the previous one becomes inferior and X/Y are even moreso inferior now due to the inability to patch in the OR/AS Megas which means online tournaments from now will only be using OR/AS. And this time around it'll now be easier to get some popular competitive movesets on 6th Gen-bred Pokemon thanks now that Move Tutors will be in the game.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    I wouldn't be bothered about Mega Stones transferred from XY not going back if they didn't give us only one of each Mega Stone in XY (aside from the Kanto starters' Mega Stones), so I could keep them in the original in case I need them. I'm not entirely surprised about ORAS having certain limitations in comparison to XY, and I'm glad about this, so I won't have to hear XY getting constantly bashed by older fans despite being a new experience unlike ORAS, which is a remake of a game that started the split in the fanbase.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    See guys, this guy still knows his stuff.

When a new game comes out, the previous one becomes inferior and X/Y are even moreso inferior now due to the inability to patch in the OR/AS Megas which means online tournaments from now will only be using OR/AS. And this time around it'll now be easier to get some popular competitive movesets on 6th Gen-bred Pokemon thanks now that Move Tutors will be in the game.
    And even ORAS will become inferior to Z when it comes out (or sequels/prequels) if they continue that. Ever since Gen IV the previous versions have gotten demoted more so than those of Gen I,II, and III were. Except that FrLg, and Pt weren't hurt by Emerald and HgSs as all they introduced were move tutors, and not new formes or Megas. Seems Or/As may become the first in between versions to become severely hurt if Z introduces new Megas, and it's likely.

Oh well, we still have awhile to go before then :3

blue

gucci
    Years
    Looks like Tate & Liza are back, so we can assume that Winona and Juan (and/or Wallace) will be returning too.

Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back