• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I really dislike this spout of legendaries just popping up in Hoenn all of a sudden. Unless there's some sort of back story to justify and give context on their appearance, if feels really cheap to be honest.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I really dislike this spout of legendaries just popping up in Hoenn all of a sudden. Unless there's some sort of back story to justify and give context on their appearance, if feels really cheap to be honest.

Of the Legends allowed in VGC, the also have to be from Gen 6 (pentagon) to be in touraments. So they need to bring back all those legends to make them legal in the only format that Nintendo does, VGC.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
There's a theory that Hoopa could be the one making them appear.

Now that I think about it perhaps all the other legends are being attracted to Hoenn due to the unleash of the natural energy from the mascot (and maybe from Rayquaza's own power too). Ho-oh and Lugia were in Emerald (by event. If Deoxys really isn't an event mon for these games (which is how this issue is making it sound like) then those three Pokemon are the only events to become non-event Pokemon between remakes with parts of the third version (Emerald as they were Emerald and FrLg only events)added in) so those two don't seem so out of place compared to the others either way.

I have a feeling that GF will have the same amount of legends return in the next game, as the Azure Sea mentions attracting mons from other regions. Hey, perhaps this "Mauville Sea" is what is attracting them.

Years

Of the Legends allowed in VGC, the also have to be from Gen 6 (pentagon) to be in touraments. So they need to bring back all those legends to make them legal in the only format that Nintendo does, VGC.

There's your reason behind all those Legendaries being in the game. Nintendo want to make them viable to use in VGC tournaments and so far, every VGC tourney in 6th Gen requires the Pokemon to be generated from a 6th Gen game itself.

Most non-legendaries can easily be bred for this purpose but these Legendaries can't so that's why they're making all of them catchable between X/Y and OR/AS, as far as regular (aka non-mythical) Legendaries go.

Years
There's your reason behind all those Legendaries being in the game. Nintendo want to make them viable to use in VGC tournaments and so far, every VGC tourney in 6th Gen requires the Pokemon to be generated from a 6th Gen game itself.

Most non-legendaries can easily be bred for this purpose but these Legendaries can't so that's why they're making all of them catchable between X/Y and OR/AS, as far as regular (aka non-mythical) Legendaries go.
Speaking of mythical legendaries I have a feeling that making Deoxys a non-event mon may be a testing ground for doing the same for the a good deal of the mythical Pokemon in Z.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years

That may be but that's not what I was talking about. I mean, I want a back story to them not them being just thrown in haphazardly just so that they are VGC viable, you know? Give them some context; make them into some sort of post-game content, not available by simply popping up in a big cloud of darkness in the sky or wander around aimlessly.

I don't know, it just seems like they've tossed legendaries into this game like tomatoes into a salad.

Years
That may be but that's not what I was talking about. I mean, I want a back story to them not them being just thrown in haphazardly just so that they are VGC viable, you know? Give them some context; make them into some sort of post-game content, not available by simply popping up in a big cloud of darkness in the sky or wander around aimlessly.

I don't know, it just seems like they've tossed legendaries into this game like tomatoes in a salad.

I understand that it does make them less special but they have to make sacrifices to benefit competitive players, and sadly tossing so many Legendaries into this game was what they had to do.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I understand that it does make them less special but they have to make sacrifices to benefit competitive players, and sadly tossing so many Legendaries into this game was what they had to do.

I suppose so. It's not really the amount of legendaries that bothers me, rather the way they've brought them in. Although I could be entirely wrong (we'll see next week I suppose)!

Deathbot

Chicken Apocalypse Survivor
Years
Spoiler:

So I'm sure you've all seen this by now, but I noticed something curious. Wallace appears on the page, and is opposite Steven. It may have no significance at all beyond him being involved in the sub plot, but given his history as a champion and the tendency to merge DX games with their originals in remakes, it may be possible that his positioning on the AS side means he could be the champ in Alpha Sapphire. This may be wild speculation on my part but I think it is completely possible.

Personally I'm more interested in the rocket taking off. Jirachi moon hoax anyone?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
[4:28:28 PM] Nathan: maybe they're some sort of raqza hunter
[4:28:28 PM] Nathan: you team up with them to help find raq and defeat magma/aqua?
[4:28:36 PM] Nathan: Or possible post game content
[4:53:48 PM] Nathan: That would be cool tbh
[4:53:48 PM] Nathan: Plus it plausible considering in the scan they're outlined in the same green light as raq?
[4:53:53 PM] Nathan: So there's some sort of connection there

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
Years
Am I only one who thinks that Zinnia's outfit resembles a bit of how Darkrai looks? It was the first thing that came to my mind after seeing her. :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Nov 29, 2015

hoopas rings.......mark my words.

now im going to have triples and quadrouples of every legendary (evil laugh)!!!

i'm glad gamefreak is giving everyone a chance to get the legendaries so easily. i literally went back this summer and purchased platinum and soulsilver in order to catch previous legendaries and transfer them over to complete my living dex. little did i know that if i waited a few months they'd be available in oras. i'm not complaining =)

isael-21

Just a computer guy
Years
i literally went back this summer and purchased platinum and soulsilver in order to catch previous legendaries and transfer them over to complete my living dex. little did i know that if i waited a few months they'd be available in oras. i'm not complaining =)

That's me right now. Just bought Platinum. I guess patience is the key for us Poke-collecting maniacs ;)

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Am I the only one who think Higana look like true Dragon Master ?
Just look at her--

Omega_Ruby_Alpha_Sapphire_Higana.png

Her outfit is perfect ! Casual but Majestic .
Much better then Iris , Clare & Lance's outfit .
I like Outfit like this . Just casual cloth with some adjustment like Cape and it turn you into a Majestic Character.
May be, She should The champion in place of Iris .
However , As The Dedicate Shipper of Pokecommunity , Its hurt me when Cool girls turn out to be older then Ash.

Years
Higana looks really cool, we'll have to see what she's about when that time comes. :o

And on the note of all the legendaries in the game: not that i'm opposed to them having so many (because as mentioned it at least has some justification for VGC preparation), but I was hoping they would save some of them for the next Kalos game when (not if) those release. But as nathan said, they might have something behind them but we'll have to see what.

Years
Her english name reminds me of Rayquaza's a bit. She's called the Lorekeeper or something like that, so it seems she'll be similar to Cynthia and Eusine in terms of knowledge about legendaries.
I have a feeling this Episode Delta if it's post game will work just like the Looker episodes did (interestingly they both involving very interesting girls).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back