• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
  • I don't think Higane is an antagonist, but rather someone like Eusine.

I agree.
    Given her prominence in one of the pictures where she's in the middle of aqua/magma with Ray up the top, I'm guessing she's a trainer who is looking for either Ray or Deo. Plus, if that team from the demo is really hers, I remember a lot of people joking how mega salamence looked like a UFO, maybe it was more than just a coincidence after all. And again, if she doesn't battle with her whismur, she could be using it's sound powers or w/e it has to find signals for either Deo or Ray?

though I could see her as an antagonist, too

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Her name it Higana, not Higane
    And her team could have been this one;
    Spoiler:

i mean why else would a "random" character get a mega salamence, plus she only has five slots, so her 6th could be her whismur, which she doesn't battle with, so it's probably her. I guess we'll find out later when her English neam is revealed (which is probably in a few days?).

Weird, I could swear Serebii had her name as Hikane, than changed it to Higane, and now to Higana...either that's the case or I should get my eyes checked...probably is as they tend to mispell things.

Was Episode Delta in the Demo? I don't think it was.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Weird, I could swear Serebii had her name as Hikane, than changed it to Higane, and now to Higana...either that's the case or I should get my eyes checked...probably is as they tend to mispell things.

Was Episode Delta in the Demo? I don't think it was.

Yeah, they originally typo'd her name as Higane and only just changed it to Higana.

And nope, I don't think episode delta was in the demo

Years
  • I can see her as a kind of antihero.

I'm such a huge fan of her design omg.
    She certainly does have an antihero look to her.

She's my favorite out of the three new characters introduced in these games.
    Speaking of new characters I'll be disappointed if Juan and Scott don't appear at some point in the games, especially considering they made new characters when they could've expanded the roles of those two. Juan could've been the Contest Master instead of Lissi.

Years
  • Episode Delta sounds like it'll be a post game thing.

I was also sort of hoping the Kami Trio actually appeared through some sort of in game event because of their weather/nature related abilities and not in Mirage Spots like the rest of the legendaries, but it doesn't look like that'll be happening. Good to see that they're apparently doing something with Regigigas, though.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Love how many legendaries are shown. Glad to see the lake trio making a comeback, I've always liked those three. Plus the legendary dogs of course.

I don't think Higane is an antagonist, but rather someone like Eusine.

I think so too.

In any case, her design is totally epic and I can't wait to see what the story is with her.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Spoiler:

So I'm sure you've all seen this by now, but I noticed something curious. Wallace appears on the page, and is opposite Steven. It may have no significance at all beyond him being involved in the sub plot, but given his history as a champion and the tendency to merge DX games with their originals in remakes, it may be possible that his positioning on the AS side means he could be the champ in Alpha Sapphire. This may be wild speculation on my part but I think it is completely possible.

Years
  • Spoiler:

So I'm sure you've all seen this by now, but I noticed something curious. Wallace appears on the page, and is opposite Steven. It may have no significance at all beyond him being involved in the sub plot, but given his history as a champion and the tendency to merge DX games with their originals in remakes, it may be possible that his positioning on the AS side means he could be the champ in Alpha Sapphire. This may be wild speculation on my part but I think it is completely possible.
    Tbh the same thought jumped into my head when I saw that. It may happen, but Juan didn't appear in the Demo. Of course the Demo may have been based only on Pokemon Omega Ruby more so than Alpha Sapphire. It'll make sense for Wallace to be the champ of Alpha Sapphire out of the two seeing how Emerald had a lot of the same exclusives as Sapphire did, as well as Aqua's plot being the last one to occur in that game. Interestingly Alpha Sapphire's exclusive mascots are connected with Water (Lugia living underwater, and Palkia being a water type in addition to the Mascot of the game being the legendary of the Seas. Xerneas and Zekrom are the odd ones out but they do have blue, plus lightning is associated with rain storms so Zekrom fits nicely. Well water does help life out.) meanwhile Omega Ruby's is connected to fire (with one Steel type legend being Dialga...interesting as it has been pointed out that the DP mascots non dragon type is the same as the Hoenn champs back in Gen IV and later. And then there's Yvetal, but metals such as aluminum and others kill things).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Ah, I was wondering when they'll include the rest of the legendaries, and Deoxys becoming available in-game rather than event-only? What sorcery is this? Did they seriously have to make the new character, Higana, look edgy? Those character archetypes aren't so well-received on the internet community.

Welp, ORAS have surpassed the 1 Million mark in Japan alone for Pre-Orders. They've even surpassed that of X & Y, which may indicate that they could actually outsell X & Y eventually (13M+). I'm pretty happy about this, it's good to see the remakes of original games still receiving a lot of support from older and newer players.

I'm still shocked that it's getting this amount of pre-orders despite being the gen responsible for Pokemon's broken fanbase when the fad died down in the United States, becoming the worst-selling gen and all that. Kotaku even mentions Gen 3 as the worst Pokemon games, showing that they still haven't forgotten the downgrade the original games have made. I was secretly hoping for ORAS to not outsell XY to prove my point to the fans that GF shouldn't be pandering to only us in order to "improve" the game experience.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Ah, I was wondering when they'll include the rest of the legendaries, and Deoxys becoming available in-game rather than event-only? What sorcery is this? Did they seriously have to make the new character, Higana, look edgy? Those character archetypes aren't so well-received on the internet community.

I'm still shocked that it's getting this amount of pre-orders despite being the gen responsible for Pokemon's broken fanbase when the fad died down in the United States, becoming the worst-selling gen and all that. Kotaku even mentions Gen 3 as the worst Pokemon games, showing that they still haven't forgotten the downgrade the original games have made. I was secretly hoping for ORAS to not outsell XY to prove my point to the fans that GF shouldn't be pandering to only us in order to "improve" the game experience.
    Just because it's in game doesn't mean it's not an event. Birth Island was an event. It could be that you need an event item to reach Episode Delta.

Also IF we have Wallace as a champ in Alpha Sapphire, there would have to be a mega for him, which would likely be Milotic. Here's hoping unreleased info was intentionally left out of the demo to mislead us.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Doubt it. It was stated ages ago Steven would be the champion. Just because Wallace is on the AS side and Steven on the OR side doesn't mean anything IMO, it's like saying that you can only play as May in AS and Brendan in OR since they're on those sides of the pages. Plus Kyogre and Archie(?) have blue outlines, and Groudon and Courtney(?) have red outlines, showing which games they're affiliated with. Steven and Wallace have no outline, and I'm guessing Higana's green outline is to show her affiliation with Ray/both games.
    I'm just guessing Wallace has some SL related to it.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Years

Japan has a thing for it's "edgy" characters, it's the reason why the Japanese like characters such as Dark Pit (from Kid Icarus Uprising) and Sasuke (from Naruto) so I think that's why they made her look that way.

Also the fan base was broken before RS is what I've heard. Btw RS were the best selling games of the GBA, with the Kanto remakes being second place. The GBA was a bit like the Wii U, it didn't sell very well. It seems RS are being vindicated by History, even TV Tropes mentions this "For years Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire (along with Emerald) were seen as the Dork Age of the franchise, as it, by some counts, took out as many features as it added. It was constantly bashed both by long time fans and fans who came back into the franchise with Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. Within the last two or three years the games have been constantly praised, even garnering a hardcore fanbase, while Diamond and Pearl is now considered the lowest point of the franchise. When the remakes for 3DS were announced, reception was almost universally positive."
    I came to this site at the time when it was still being bashed, but thankfully it seems people have joined me in my love of Gen III ^_^. Also if these remakes do good I'm sure GF will remake my second favorite Gen next :3

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    It looks like the English name for Higana will be Lorekeeper Zinnia, and that she uses a Salamence capable of mega-evolving in your battle(s) with her. You battle her twice apparently too, and personally I'm willing to bet that she's the one who will mega evolve Rayquaza.

ANYWAY, regarding actually corocoro depicted stuff - I kind of like how so many legendaries are being made available. There were a ton of legendaries in RSE with all of the different event islands and the Regi sub-plot and everything. The leaked pic of the Pokémon Center makes me ridic nostalgic too, I'm starting to get so hyped for these games @_@

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I don't understand what R/S "took away". It seemed more or less the same as GSC with a better stat system, more Pokemon and better graphics plus running shoes which are probably the single most important gameplay augmentation until Repel fast use in B2W2. Often masterpieces are scorned at their release to be praised years later, but honestly I can see why people didn't like Hoenn very much at the time, and some even still. If they meant being able to visit the previous regions, ain't no one got time to remake that in gen 3 just to make everyone happy, not to mention the space limitations that GameFreak had no control over.

btw I by no means think that R/S/E are in any way masterpieces, as I don't have much love for them myself. I don't think they're bad they just aren't as good as every other Pokemon game -Diamond/Pearl.

Years
  • It looks like the English name for Higana will be Lorekeeper Zinnia, and that she uses a Salamence capable of mega-evolving in your battle(s) with her. You battle her twice apparently too, and personally I'm willing to bet that she's the one who will mega evolve Rayquaza.

ANYWAY, regarding actually corocoro depicted stuff - I kind of like how so many legendaries are being made available. There were a ton of legendaries in RSE with all of the different event islands and the Regi sub-plot and everything. The leaked pic of the Pokémon Center makes me ridic nostalgic too, I'm starting to get so hyped for these games @_@

I agree, her English name is likely going to be Zinnia if the demo data dump is anything to go by.

As for all those legendaries, this could easily take the title from B2/W2 or HG/SS or Platinum (I'm not sure which of those had the most easily obtainable legendaries) as the Pokemon games with the most legendaries obtainable in-game. I surely want to catch them all that's for sure!

I don't understand what R/S "took away". It seemed more or less the same as GSC with a better stat system, more Pokemon and better graphics plus running shoes which are probably the single most important gameplay augmentation until Repel fast use in B2W2. Often masterpieces are scorned at their release to be praised years later, but honestly I can see why people didn't like Hoenn very much at the time, and some even still. If they meant being able to visit the previous regions, ain't no one got time to remake that in gen 3 just to make everyone happy, not to mention the space limitations that GameFreak had no control over.

btw I by no means think that R/S/E are in any way masterpieces, as I don't have much love for them myself. I don't think they're bad they just aren't as good as every other Pokemon game -Diamond/Pearl.

I think there was a lot of limitations which explained the absence of day/night but it's cool how it got rectified the following generation and now Hoenn has caught up with everything else. However I think the reason lots of fans turned away at the original Ruby/Sapphire was because they were taking a drastic direction change, like being the first games to not have Kanto and also the first ones to have a completely new regional Dex that excluded certain Pokemon.

Also, at the time, the Pokemon missing from the Hoenn Dex couldn't be transferred from 2nd to 3rd Gen due to the incompatibility between the GBC and GBA but FR/LG eventually fixed that issue, followed by Emerald.

Still, it's impressing to see that OR/AS are likely going to be outselling X/Y by a long mile.

Years
  • I agree, her English name is likely going to be Zinnia if the demo data dump is anything to go by.

As for all those legendaries, this could easily take the title from B2/W2 or HG/SS or Platinum (I'm not sure which of those had the most easily obtainable legendaries) as the Pokemon games with the most legendaries obtainable in-game. I surely want to catch them all that's for sure!

I think there was a lot of limitations which explained the absence of day/night but it's cool how it got rectified the following generation and now Hoenn has caught up with everything else. However I think the reason lots of fans turned away at the original Ruby/Sapphire was because they were taking a drastic direction change, like being the first games to not have Kanto and also the first ones to have a completely new regional Dex that excluded certain Pokemon.

Also, at the time, the Pokemon missing from the Hoenn Dex couldn't be transferred from 2nd to 3rd Gen due to the incompatibility between the GBC and GBA but FR/LG eventually fixed that issue, followed by Emerald.

Still, it's impressing to see that OR/AS are likely going to be outselling X/Y by a long mile.
    B2W2 had the most, but ORAS clearly defeats it, having all of the legends it had plus the Johto legends and the Hoenn and Sinnoh mascots which they didn't have (in addition to the Kalos legends if that poster with Xerneas and Yvetal is worth anything). Interestingly it seems like the Bird trio may not appear, but then again they haven't shown off Giratina or Kyurem (and the Kalos mascots plus Mewtwo (again referencing the poster)...I wonder if Zygarde will appear too) so they may be in the games in the end...

Anyone else notice that Rayquaza seems to be getting more attention than the actual mascots? It may end up like Suicune at this rate, as Suicune had more of a role than Lugia and Ho-oh did (appearing multiple times and being available in the post game which finished off the Suicune side story).

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Anyone else notice that Rayquaza seems to be getting more attention than the actual mascots? It may end up like Suicune at this rate, as Suicune had more of a role than Lugia and Ho-oh did (appearing multiple times and being available in the post game which finished off the Suicune side story).
    I would say that was mostly due to Ho-oh and Lugia not having plots at all in the original games, and Suicune actually having a story in Crystal Version. They need to give Rayquaza attention now because they don't plan on doing an Emerald but he still had his own plot. Kyogre and Groudon had plenty of time to be focused on when they announced their primals, it's Rayquaza's turn now that we're closer to release. Only so much you can say about Kyogre and Groudon without potentially spoiling things in the game.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back