• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Confirmed Information Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
  • Saying we can Mega Evolve in contests, pretty much confirms Mega Milotic for me. Milotic was THE pokemon to use in contests back then.

I didn't think we would get much more after yesterday. Definitely not the Megalution Scope though. However, they have overhyped in the passed.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Mega Milotic is likely for these games, but I don't think this issue is hinting at a Mega Evolution for Milotic just yet. I'd just say it's highlighting that you can once again maximize Feebas' beauty to evolve it into Milotic as in the originals.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    If Wallace turns out to be the post-game Champion, they might not reveal a potential Mega Milotic at all before the games' release. They always leave something to be found by players, and in XY it was a handful of Megas, including
    Spoiler:
    So I'd say it's quite likely we'll be getting Mega Milotic at this point, but it might not be revealed before the games are released--maybe even Camerupt and Sharpedo won't be revealed so players can be surprised while playing the games. It's unlikely that CoroCoro will reveal all the new Mega Evolutions before the games even hit shelves.

That being said, even though we learned about Mega Evolving during Contests, and a potential Shiny Beldum with Mega Stone event, having only 3 new Megas revealed in a Mega Evolution "Scoop" issue seems underwhelming, which tells me perhaps future issues will shift their focus to Contests, the remaining Gym Leaders and Elite Four, and post-game/Battle Frontier news.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Mega Altaria! <3 I want to hug it soo bad, haha

But omg Mega Salamance. Put a croissant on its back hehe
    But yeah my most favorite revealed is Mega Altaria. It doesn't look that different if you don't cant the giant cloud around it, but yeah! I can't wait to use it.

And... Mega Lopunny? Wasn't expecting it, but I don't really like it. Although I can see it getting much better stats. I just... don't like it's design. D:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Mega Altaria! <3 I want to hug it soo bad, haha

But omg Mega Salamance. Put a croissant on its back hehe
    But yeah my most favorite revealed is Mega Altaria. It doesn't look that different if you don't cant the giant cloud around it, but yeah! I can't wait to use it.

And... Mega Lopunny? Wasn't expecting it, but I don't really like it. Although I can see it getting much better stats. I just... don't like it's design. D:

Mega Salamence also sort of resembles the Crescent and Star, which was one of the first things that came to mind when I saw it (with it's head being the star).

At first Mega Lopunny seemed odd, but then I zoomed in and saw that it looked nice.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Mega Milotic is likely for these games, but I don't think this issue is hinting at a Mega Evolution for Milotic just yet. I'd just say it's highlighting that you can once again maximize Feebas' beauty to evolve it into Milotic as in the originals.

To be honest, I didn't even see that part of it. I just read that it could Mega Evolve during contests. For me, and possibly just for me, that makes me think Mega Milotic will happen. Not really taking it as a hint. It just made me think of Milotic as soon as I saw Mega Evo in contests.

Years
  • If Mega Milotic doesn't happen for ORAS I will have a stern word with GF >O

Given how it was brought up this issue, it does seem to hint that it might receive a Mega Evolution. Though, even if it doesn't get one, I'm happy that my lovely Altaria has one (and that it looks good and is Dragon/Fairy, a type I've been wanting to see since the announcement of Fairies), so I won't be too sad. Doesn't mean I don't want it to happen, though.

Years
  • The way they give out Mega evolutions truly is quite random, this release basically confirms it for me. The new contest information is intriguing though, I wonder if all of these odd quirks only apply to Pikachu.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I was pretty surprised by Mega Lopunny, but pleasantly surprised. Lopunny is probably one of my favorite Pokémon so it's nice to see it get a Mega Evolution! It looks like it'll be pretty fierce in battle with its typing and new ability, too, so I'm excited to see what it can do competitively.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    The way they give out Mega evolutions truly is quite random, this release basically confirms it for me. The new contest information is intriguing though, I wonder if all of these odd quirks only apply to Pikachu.
    Its not too random. Popularity is a factor in their decisions, and lets face it, Loppuny is ingrained in our minds(for better or worse). And anyway, its not like one Mega that no one likes means nothing good can happen. Hell, a gen 4 mega means we could get something else from that gen, Like Mega Gallade. Or Electric/Dark Mega Luxray. Or even Mega Togekiss, cause why the hell not.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    This was quite underwhelming... Maybe there's more... I mean, there Mega Pokemon is hardly a big deal (While I am happy to get Salamence, I think it'd be better to have more) to make a huge fuss over it. I assume that there will be more, otherwise this "Mega Scoop" will just be Mega BS.

I know , Right !
    I was hoping for Jotho starter Megevolution Or Gen VI/V Pokemon Megevolution !
    Or A New revelation like Pokemon that need item to evolve can Megevolve ! Like Pikachu & Dusclop for example.
    But it was just 3 mega and 2 of them were predictable.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Trailer time!

Hoarde Battles are most certainly back too. n_n

Feebas evolves to Milotic by maximizing Beauty has been confirmed on the Pokemon Website.

"To evolve this shabby-looking Pokémon into its stunning final form, raise its Beauty condition with Pokéblocks and then have it level up!"

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • The way that mega evolution works in contests is sooo pretty! I wonder if that little scene of Altaria flying around is available to all Pokemon or just Altaria, it could just be that new contest girl showing a tutorial or something...

Those Pikachus are also starting to grow on me. o3o Belle Pikachu is so cute I want 400000

It's sad that the "mega evolution scoop" featured only 3 mega Pokemon, but I guess "scoop" meant using them in contests as well as getting the shiny Beldum for shiny Mega Metagross.

Years
  • Battling with those cos-play Pikachu is what caught my eye the most. They're so adorable, I might even have to try it out someday.

Those mega evolutions aren't the greatest to say the least. My least favorite has to be Salemence. It looks really dumbed down to be honest. Altaria looks fine, it looks very fluffy. I wonder how mega evolving makes it get more clouds, only the weather trio can tell you that. Lopunny looks okay, I would have expected nothing different from the to be honest. Having the ability to hit ghost types is very interesting, that will change up the game a little bit. At least I know now that not all of the OR/AS mega evolutions will be Pokemon from Hoenn only.

Shiny Beldum is very cool looking, and I'm glad that people will be able to get it for free soon. I'll definitely be picking one up if I get the game around that time.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Is it just me or are the contests I see getting the anime treatment? That is, contest battles?

I don't think they are, they're just merging Super Contest features with the regular ones.

Although I would not object to a battle round.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Horde Trainer Battles is an interesting addition, it should be fun to take on 5 Team Magma Grunts at once. ;;

Confirmed Information Discussion

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Horde Trainer Battles is an interesting addition, it should be fun to take on 5 Team Magma Grunts at once. ;;

Confirmed Information Discussion

Wow that's interesting. I must have missed that while watching the trailer. So far I'm liking the additions to ORAS.

I like Mega Salamence a lot and I'm sort of indifferent towards Altaria and Lopunny. I'm also really starting to believe Milotic will be getting a Mega. As was noted previously, we did not know Gardevoir and Gyrados were getting Megas until X and Y were released. I'd love for GF to purposefully leave out a few, specifically Camerupt and Sharpedo.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back