• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Controversial Opinions

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I read somewhere (not sure how correct this information is) that
    Spoiler:

On another note, should we even be putting this in spoilers, I mean people probably already saw Death Note.

i haven't read that anywhere, but that's interesting.

also to answer that, i would say use spoilers, considering i didn't watch it until 2021 and Still didn't know the major spoilers lol

Years
  • i haven't read that anywhere, but that's interesting.

also to answer that, i would say use spoilers, considering i didn't watch it until 2021 and Still didn't know the major spoilers lol

Just googled to see if I can find anything backing my already shacky "statement" but I cba to go past page 1 of google and didn't really hit anything. Well anyway, yea you are right about the spoilers and if anything, I like to think that
    Spoiler:
    never existed :D

Years
  • What I can think of:

- One Piece's setting/story/characters/art style are very boring and I have no interest in watching it at all
    - My Neighbor Totoro wasn't very interesting, pretty sure I started skimming it
    - FLCL was terrible. My friend wanted to watch it with me years ago and by the first ep I was already thinking how bad it was. Finishing it didn't change that opinion :(
    - I like the Pokémon 2019 (Pokémon Journeys) series quite a bit

Am sure there's more, but this stuff pops up from the top off my head.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • This is going to probably be more controversial than my first post in here awhile ago, but I'm probably one of the very few people that doesn't like Cowboy Bebop. I don't know why. I've tried watching it many times, but I just don't love it. Never did. I liked some of it, but a majority of it, I didn't like.

Maybe it's because of that episode where that kid grew old. I am deeply disturbed by that type of imagery.

...Speaking of that another controversial opinion: I don't like Howl's Moving Castle because watching the main girl protagonist grow old is just that highly disturbing to me.

Years
  • - Bleach is boring
    - I liked the second part of Death Note with Near more than the first part with L

I almost never see anyone who feels the same way as me re: Death Note. Everyone seems to prefer L over Near but I'm the total opppsite lol.

Years
  • - Bleach is boring

Thank you. Someone finally seems to be on the same page as me regarding Bleach. I got through like 3-4 episodes and have never felt the slightest desire to go further.

- I liked the second part of Death Note with Near more than the first part with L

Well that is controversial. Why?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • You both hurt my heart.

I don't know that I have a lot of controversial opinions. I know that saying Digimon Frontier was the best iteration of the series' anime is frowned upon.

I guess I can say that I find Bleach to be the best of the Big Three.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Not sure why I didn't remember this one sooner.

JoJo is extremely overrated and I don't get why everyone claims it's the best thing ever made.

No I haven't watched it. I never will either.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Might I chime in?

I don't like Hunter x Hunter. Tried giving both adaptations a watch, but they just weren't my cup of tea - and hearing about the constant hiatuses the manga goes through because of its author's health has discouraged me from reading it. The only reason I'm interested in it is to hear Hisoka's 1999 English dub voice - that of Brendan Hunter, who also (exaggeratedly, but exquisitely) voiced Elec Man in Mega Man: Powered Up.

On a related note, since the creators of this and the aforementioned series are spouses, I like the 90s anime adaptation of Sailor Moon better than the manga or Crystal. I just prefer the cuter art style over the uncanny doll-like designs for the characters, not to mention the anime's stories are generally more uplifting.

My last unpopular opinion is that Konjiki no Gash (Bell) isn't unpopular or underrated anymore. It got a sequel, for crying out loud! Honestly, though, it should have stayed down. Some of the jokes in it are extremely outdated, and the premise, while hopeful on the surface, is actually extremely depressing - which the sequel has dialed up to eleven. I used to love it, once upon a time, but now I just want it to fade into obscurity.

Days
    • they/he
    • Seen yesterday
    I don't know that I have a lot of controversial opinions. I know that saying Digimon Frontier was the best iteration of the series' anime is frowned upon.

I, admittedly, have watched very little of Digimon. But I distinctly remember Digimon Frontier was the only season to catch my attention/investment as a child because I was absolutely enamored with the concept of people turning into Digimon.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Ohio
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    The .hack franchise is infinitely better than SAO. SAO is practically a rip-off of it and a really god damn awful one at that.

Years
  • The .hack franchise is infinitely better than SAO. SAO is practically a rip-off of it and a really god damn awful one at that.

I'm surprised that you feel that's controversial. I haven't really seen either to compare, but I feel like most people I know who have seen both feel this way. Then again though, SAO is a huge franchise so you're probably right. It's just wild to think about.

Back