• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: CoroCoro reveals Alolan Grimer, new evolutions and more!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • Welp... I'm not kinda fond with how Alolan Grimer look like, but still, I find that its typing looks like it's on same league as Skuntank's, which makes it quite interesting.

And I'm looking forward on how Jangmo-o's evolutions will look like if it gets confirmed in official site.

Years
  • Those teeth are weird and make him look extremely derpy. Not a fan, but hopefully this'll mean more use for Grimer/Muk in competitive or in-game? Poor forgotten Pokémon. Dunno though.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'm actually in love with this! It's a really simple design, but it really works wonders for it!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • The yellow bit around the mouth looks kinda weird, but other than that I like the design. I think I'd like the design a lot better if it were just gray, without the yellow around the mouth. But maybe that would have been too simple. I'm interested to learn what the explanation is behind the Alola variation

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm really curious to see Type: Null's evolution, because I never expected it to get one. I wonder why the person leaking the images have not shown those pictures yet?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • With the Shiny Grimer/Muk being a dark green color, similar to the new design, though it is more grey, they probably wanted to make a visual change because it would look too much like the Shiny Grimer. I think that is the largest reason for the yellow.

For all we know, Muk might become Poison/Electric or Electric/Dark. That would be a throw back to the anime.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think Alola Grimer will be found in some kind of dark swamp or marsh.

Big Island is probably the largest chance. There seems to be a type of marsh south of the walled city where it is always raining and seems like trees are dead or something. There is also a possible Marsh east of the Power Plant like place down the mountain and near the ocean.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I didn't like Grimer that much to begin with and this doesn't help. It looks like it's been pigging out on custard or something...

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • As much as I love these Alolan dark-types, I kinda think it's about time they show us a new dark pokemon. I do love those chompers though.

Dragon/Fighting is definitely a cool, unique typing. I'm not certain it's the pseudo of this region though. Someone mentioned that pseudo's are never shown before release. So it might be something akin to Haxorus or Noivern.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As much as I love these Alolan dark-types, I kinda think it's about time they show us a new dark pokemon. I do love those chompers though.

Dragon/Fighting is definitely a cool, unique typing. I'm not certain it's the pseudo of this region though. Someone mentioned that pseudo's are never shown before release. So it might be something akin to Haxorus or Noivern.

I strongly agree with the Dark Alolans. I hope they don't plan to just give us Dark and Ice Types in Alolan forms, because I will be extremely disappointed if that is the case. Ice is my favorite type, and although Ninetails looks amazing, I want new pokemon and not rehashed designs of Kanto Pokemon, which in all honesty, I am sick of.

As for the pseudo thing, I really think it is. Right now I see know other pokemon possible and I think both Dieno and Goomy were reaveled before the games came out in Corocoro, but I could be wrong.

However, I still think there will be 2 Pseudo lines.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Not surprised that the Grimer line would get an Alolan form, but what really surprised me was it retaining its Poison typing while gaining a Dark typing (we were expecting something like pure Ground). Now I'm crossing fingers for an Alolan Koffing line to be Poison/Fire.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    If there were new Dark-Types, that would allow for the possibility of a Dark-Type Trial Captain. But since that's a big no-no, the Dark-Types will probably all be delegated to Alola forms.

Years
  • Not a fan of the yellow mouth but I like the idea of poison plus dark. I guess this change is because of the areas where it lives ( dark areas of Alola).

Years
  • Are they making all these Kanto Pokemon part Dark because there was no Dark-type back then? Like how we now have another Steel-type line thanks to the Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash. It almost feels like they're trying to re-balance the original 151 in terms of types, what with the Ghost Marowak being added and a Dragon Exeggutor. Feels like they're planning to make these changes permanent for the future in some way.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Are they making all these Kanto Pokemon part Dark because there was no Dark-type back then? Like how we now have another Steel-type line thanks to the Alolan Sandshrew/Sandslash. It almost feels like they're trying to re-balance the original 151 in terms of types, what with the Ghost Marowak being added and a Dragon Exeggutor. Feels like they're planning to make these changes permanent for the future in some way.

Nice thought !

Back