• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: [CSDCC] the weather channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
    I joined about a year ago but wasn't very active for a number of reasons, since then I have rediscovered this place and fell in love. I truly enjoy being on a variety of Pokemon forums for different reasons. I like meeting people online and having new friends. I have friends IRL but most of them are far away now, and we're all spread out. I see them when we're all in the same place... but yeah, it's nice to speak to ppl with the same interests as I have! Most of my rl friends have varying interests and none of them enjoy Pokemon or art like I do! Nothing wrong with that of course, but I've gotta talk Pokemon and art somewhere, now don't I? hehe

:) I love the diversity of this forum - that is for sure!

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I have friends IRL too, but I only get to see them at my convention. I'm very reserved and shy. It's hard for me to socialize or set foot outside my house without disabling anxiety pulling me down. It kind of sucks but... you'd be surprised how I'm able to live my life. XD

Years
    I used to have friends while I was in private school, but i've really struggled to meet new people since entering community college. In there there was at least a lobby near the cafeteria where people with certain interests would hang out (there were a handful of Pokémon players there on occasion, I remember in 2012/2013 that there was quite a bit of buzz when B2W2 were new). But here at a university, i've had a hard time finding anybody to really chit-chat with save some of the people in my classes, who after next semester revert to recurring characters.

But the involvement fair is later today, maybe i'll find a club to join then.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    I remember the main reason I join was because I was having a hard time in my Secondary School. I had few friends, most friends I did have began to dislike me for the things I liked, and so I was left with one friend and PC. I'm a lot more sociable now, and where I work I have some friends, but like a lot of you, it's hard for me to find good friends. It takes a long time, and often people get fed up with me, having to drag me out of myself to begin with.

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
    I have friends IRL too, but I only get to see them at my convention. I'm very reserved and shy. It's hard for me to socialize or set foot outside my house without disabling anxiety pulling me down. It kind of sucks but... you'd be surprised how I'm able to live my life. XD

I'm really sorry to hear that! I don't live with anxiety but I have witnessed and spoken to people who do.

I used to have friends while I was in private school, but i've really struggled to meet new people since entering community college. In there there was at least a lobby near the cafeteria where people with certain interests would hang out (there were a handful of Pokémon players there on occasion, I remember in 2012/2013 that there was quite a bit of buzz when B2W2 were new). But here at a university, i've had a hard time finding anybody to really chit-chat with save some of the people in my classes, who after next semester revert to recurring characters.

But the involvement fair is later today, maybe i'll find a club to join then.

What I find about university is that you're surrounded by so many people it's hard to even decide to talk to others. I find it's easy if you're out with friends and people are drinking socially, but just randomly at school it's difficult. If I see someone with a 3DS out or wearing a shirt with an anime character on it that I like I won't even speak to them haha. I don't consider myself too shy or anything, but I just don't approach people on a regular basis.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    I never went to college. :/ Also, I was kind of a loner in school... so I pretty much hung out with the disabled kids and such. I had no one else to mingle with, and it was better than eating alone for me. I did have a couple friends who are only mildly-disabled though. I also had been friends with the emos before, and they were sooooo funny.

In all honesty, I never really knew very many friends who liked pokemon except at one school I did. My ex-boyfriend and some friends would use cheat codes on the original Ruby/Saphirre games when they were a thing. At the time, I never knew what they did other than having it done for me. Now, I use the cheats all of the time. XD

But yeah... lol

I'm really sorry to hear that! I don't live with anxiety but I have witnessed and spoken to people who do.

It's not all bad though! I've made the best of it by making great online friends, and I also have an amazing boyfriend. <3 I make the best of my online life as if it was my real life.

Anyway, I joined PC because I followed a guy who was once my worst enemy. We later became best friends, despite me being a pain in the ass. X3 I was actually into digimon more than pokemon, but I still liked them both though. I've been playing the games since Pokemon Yellow. 8D

Years
    I was suggested I may have anxiety thanks to some really weird chest pains that I was feeling back in late October to mid-November, but when I saw my doctor around then (a couple days before ORAS released), he said that a lot of college students tend to feel that way since they don't often eat as healthy as they do while at home. I kinda already discussed how I am with my eating in the DCC in General Chat, but I have been attempting to eat more fruits and veggies.

But there was one guy in my philosophy class last semester who was excited for ORAS as well, and I remember being the last person to be able to get on the 3:25 bus the afternoon of the release date (since a lot of other people on it had to go to work). xP He showed up as the next bus came.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    Your doctor is probably right. Anxiety is actually worse than just chest pains, though I have gotten them. It's usually more than just that for me. I'm worrying constantly about things that I shouldn't worry over. Sometimes, it impacts my life and makes everything harder for me PelleK is the only one who can actually calm me down when my anxiety gets really bad. I do have anxiety attacks, but I think they'd be more meltdownish than just anxiety. X_x

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Not eating right can cause some horrible pains and problems. I try to make sure I eat properly, but I do like to indulge in rubbishy oven food XD

I haven't suffered from anxiety myself, but I do have first hand experience from my mother, who still does... I think. I haven't spoken to her about it for a while, and I only saw her last at Christmas for a few weeks o_o That, mixed with depression and a hectic household made for some pretty rough times when I was at home. Couple that with my lack of social capabilities, and that makes for a different childhood to most.

I really feel for anyone with anxiety, because I've seen how it can affect you, and how hard it can be. I think in that situation, if you have just one or two close friends that'd be more worthwhile and nicer than trying to be part of a social group. I much prefer just having a couple of close friends, especially when I'm feeling particularly low. Groups are nice, but I have to be in the mood to deal with them, and a lot of people don't understand why I seem to avoid them more often than not.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    Anxiety can be hard. I know it is for me... especially if you add autism and ADHD to the mix. X_x I've actually been told that most of my anxiety is often contributed by being autistic. It could very well be, but there are times when it's like... anxiety should be it's own thing. D:

I mean, I've actually seen people with far worse anxiety than me. I feel really bad for those people and think it must be hard for them too. My anxiety isn't really so bad that I'm constantly breaking down or anything. It's just the idea of my negative thought process. I actually think it was worse for before I started taking medication for it. I used to self-harm, and I wanted to be dead at times. The anxiety would just be that overwhelming for me. :(

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
    Anxiety can be hard. I know it is for me... especially if you add autism and ADHD to the mix. X_x I've actually been told that most of my anxiety is often contributed by being autistic. It could very well be, but there are times when it's like... anxiety should be it's own thing. D:

I mean, I've actually seen people with far worse anxiety than me. I feel really bad for those people and think it must be hard for them too. My anxiety isn't really so bad that I'm constantly breaking down or anything. It's just the idea of my negative thought process. I actually think it was worse for before I started taking medication for it. I used to self-harm, and I wanted to be dead at times. The anxiety would just be that overwhelming for me. :(

I'm happy to hear you have a supportive boyfriend! That can make a huge difference in life.. to have someone by your side. ^_^

You seem a strong person, despite what you've gone through. It's hard for people to even get help and recognize what they need to learn to overcome on a personal level~

Years

As someone who also has autism and constantly suffers anxiety, I can easily tell how you feel. It also doesn't help my family often turn against me, and I'm so often abused I start to grow scared of the outside world, meaning it's often hard for me to survive in public because I always have fear of getting bullied or attacked. I also feel like my family are so cruel to me I once tried to inflict self-harm and it resulted in our unit's plaster wall getting a massive hole in it.

I often had to take anti-anxiety medication myself, especially when I was younger. I still think those pills never worked because I have been having terrible bouts of anxiety lately.

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
    As someone who also has autism and constantly suffers anxiety, I can easily tell how you feel. It also doesn't help my family often turn against me, and I'm so often abused I start to grow scared of the outside world, meaning it's often hard for me to survive in public because I always have fear of getting bullied or attacked. I also feel like my family are so cruel to me I once tried to inflict self-harm and it resulted in our unit's plaster wall getting a massive hole in it.

I often had to take anti-anxiety medication myself, especially when I was younger. I still think those pills never worked because I have been having terrible bouts of anxiety lately.

I'm so sorry to hear about this, darling. I know we don't really know one another but from afar I have got the impression you're a truly kindhearted and helpful person. I hope you realize this! <3

If you ever need someone to chat to I am here for you - although I am sure you have many online friends to do so with already ^_^ I'm sorry about your family, occasionally our families won't understand us or how we are feeling, and in their inability to understand or accept they hurt us.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years

Well, I take an anti-psychotic for my severe anxiety. I recently had my ex-psychiatrist cut me off on my anti-anxiety medication. >_> It really sucked because I need it. I mean, it's one thing if it was actually affecting my health and what not, but it wasn't at all. D: Anyway, now that I stopped seeing him, I am going to try and get my doctor to put me back on it.

The problem is that the mental health place now has this stupid thing. Instead of seeing someone face to face, you now have to do everything by a damn monitor or webcam. It's literally the stupidest thing ever. I don't like it at all, and I had an outburst the first time I had to do it. D: My parents have even told them how much I hate it, and the mental health people just don't seem to get it one bit. ._.

I'm sorry you had to go through that though. :(

Saki

The Fire Fox
    Years
    Why do you need to interact with a webcam or monitor? That seems absurd to me :( That isn't even treating you as a human in a way. I really don't understand what they think are the benefits? I am sure there is a reason for them but it doesn't seem beneficial to the patient unless they find themselves absolutely unable to speak to a person... and then if that's the case it should be a choice to use that method or not.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    It was because they don't have enough physical psychiatrists... that's their excuse. -_- I agree though. It really is absurd because you have to treat the person as humanly as possible and do whatever their needs are. I stopped going there, and I'm now going to start getting my meds from my primary doctor instead.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I never went to college. :/ Also, I was kind of a loner in school... so I pretty much hung out with the disabled kids and such. I had no one else to mingle with, and it was better than eating alone for me. I did have a couple friends who are only mildly-disabled though. I also had been friends with the emos before, and they were sooooo funny.

In all honesty, I never really knew very many friends who liked pokemon except at one school I did. My ex-boyfriend and some friends would use cheat codes on the original Ruby/Saphirre games when they were a thing. At the time, I never knew what they did other than having it done for me. Now, I use the cheats all of the time. XD

But yeah... lol

It's not all bad though! I've made the best of it by making great online friends, and I also have an amazing boyfriend. <3 I make the best of my online life as if it was my real life.

Anyway, I joined PC because I followed a guy who was once my worst enemy. We later became best friends, despite me being a pain in the ass. X3 I was actually into digimon more than pokemon, but I still liked them both though. I've been playing the games since Pokemon Yellow. 8D

Ah, so you're that... okay. Now I got a picture of you.

Until I joined ROTC I hung out with the nerds, which was hard enough to do with how smelly and awkward they were. They had their strengths and weaknesses, mine being software dev. I think we even had an A/V guy who was pretty cool. That all changed.

As a cadet, I sat with other cadets of my caliber somewhat higher caliber... okay, I sat at the table with all of the field-grade officers as a corporal, I admit... but they were really nice folks even if they were majors or colonels or whatever. They liked me, I think!

At a glance every Wednesday our entire table would have people in uniform... you could spot us from a mile away.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    Oh... okay? Just don't get the wrong idea about me. ._. I don't really like people who do that without getting to know me.

Anyway, my ex was on ROTC. I went to his military ball when we were dating. I can't remember why we broke up now but... I haven't seen him in ages. I don't really care about him anyway though. *shrug*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back