• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Curry dex

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • I made a few, but not particularly planning to cook them all. Unlocking a few toys is something I guess, but say the first one you unlock was just a different sized/patterned ball - not particularly exciting. Meanwhile while I appreciate there being a minigame, it gets repetitive quickly to me.

Years
  • Fifteen so far, but I would like to work towards making more once I complete my dex. How about yourself then?

Not much! I want to say 15-20 at this point, can't remember the exact number. Would like to unlock more so I can get more toys (like the Leon ball haha) but it's a little tedious for me to get high ranks. Will try to camp/cook with others more soon and see how much better that makes the results.

Years
  • I've made a handful, I think less than a dozen, but they were almost always different. I haven't gotten or noticed any new toy yet though, I just found out about that today.

Now I got the hang of it, cooking curry is really fun. Especially with camp visitors in the Wild Area - it turns out much better much more easily and feels like a common activity, like having guests over.

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
  • The curry minigame has been really cute, but coulda maybe had more interesting in game effects added in. Side note: my wife and I have just decided to try to make some of the curry from the game. She'll try to replicate the outcome, and I'll try to replicate the recipe. Say a prayer for our stomachs.

Commander Saturn

Information Broker
    Years
  • The curry minigame has been really cute, but coulda maybe had more interesting in game effects added in. Side note: my wife and I have just decided to try to make some of the curry from the game. She'll try to replicate the outcome, and I'll try to replicate the recipe. Say a prayer for our stomachs.

This is actually super interesting. Let us know how it goes, won't you?

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
    Years
  • Currently made 17 types, not so much because I enjoy it more to the fact its easier to use curries to heal my Mon' in the wild area.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    I'm always a HUGE sucker for these parts of Pokemon games. Pokeblocks, Gummis, Poffins, Aprijuice, anything. If it involves berries or apricorns, you're durn skippy I'm gonna be all over that. I love reading all the flavor text for the berries in this game and the currydex entries.

Although tbh, to this day I still haven't figured out what a "dry" flavor is supposed to be. It's apparently strong, according to the Currydex, but I haven't really been able to gather much else....

And I pretty much have every recipe unlocked, just don't have any of the recipes that involve Bob's Food Tin or the Fruit Bunch.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm always a HUGE sucker for these parts of Pokemon games. Pokeblocks, Gummis, Poffins, Aprijuice, anything. If it involves berries or apricorns, you're durn skippy I'm gonna be all over that. I love reading all the flavor text for the berries in this game and the currydex entries.

Although tbh, to this day I still haven't figured out what a "dry" flavor is supposed to be. It's apparently strong, according to the Currydex, but I haven't really been able to gather much else....

And I pretty much have every recipe unlocked, just don't have any of the recipes that involve Bob's Food Tin or the Fruit Bunch.

God me too. I don't know why but any game with direct player to Pokemon interaction is something I invest heavy amounts of time in. I still only have about 50 (maybe 54??) recipes done since I'm actively trying to hold it for post game, but you best believe I will get them all. Cheer to you for understanding, haha.

I also second your observation on the Dry flavor. Anyone wanna pull together some irl comparisons but all I can think of is eating dust. :x

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Fairy said:
    God me too. I don't know why but any game with direct player to Pokemon interaction is something I invest heavy amounts of time in. I still only have about 50 (maybe 54??) recipes done since I'm actively trying to hold it for post game, but you best believe I will get them all. Cheer to you for understanding, haha.

I also second your observation on the Dry flavor. Anyone wanna pull together some irl comparisons but all I can think of is eating dust. :x

Right though??? God I was so excited when I got Y version solely for the fact that Pokemon Amie was in it. I've played in Amie for hours. And honestly, even though it wasn't much I still loved the uniqueness and interactivity of Pokeblocks. i would grow SO many berries and make so many pokeblocks just to feed them all to my Pokemon. I didn't even like contests as a kid! I got frustrated by them because I didn't understand them. xD You can get I'll be beside myself in excitement if they do decide to remake DP, solely because POFFINS.

Saaaame. With that in mind, if you have Sword I will totally add you on my switch so we can trade food tins. xD My boyfriend has Sword, but he doesn't seem to invest much time in the more completionistic aspects like getting a full Pokedex. :p So getting him to trade that kind of stuff with me is pretty useless.

I've been tempted to gather an investigative team of some sort to figure out the mysteries of the dry flavor, pffth. The only real-life equivalent I can think of is salty, but that just doesn't really seem to fit! SwSh makes it sound similar to bitter in the sense that it's something very faceted and acquired.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Is it bad that, as a vegetarian, I kind of don't want to make any curries with meat-based ingredients? It would feel wrong having my character, based on myself, eat it. :/

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I think I am on 26 types of curry made including Gigantimix Curry.

Some of the currys sound inedible such as Fried Food Curry but my Tsareena seems to like them regardless.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2020
    I have 139, but looking for someone with batches food tin, need 6 and willing to trade for bobs food tin

Back